PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports going off free tv..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

my little pony
01-03-2012, 02:33 AM
According to the latest commercials, NBC Sports network supposedly debuted at 4pm est today. I wonder if it's another subscription service; I don't think it's on my cable provider.

i have it, so far i've seen some sort of sport themed talk show with a lot of yelling and right now there is a hockey game

Visaliakid
01-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Thanks A.H.

According to the latest commercials, NBC Sports network supposedly debuted at 4pm est today. I wonder if it's another subscription service; I don't think it's on my cable provider.

You likely had it on your service under it's old name, VERSUS. NBC owned channel simply changed name to NBC Sports Network.

AxelAnnie
01-03-2012, 04:55 AM
I've got Comcast, and it is just a blank screen now, although it still says Universal Sports down in the corner. On the on screen program guide, it's just listed as "sign off"

North Bay..CA ..comcast says: Off-Air. That pretty much sums it up:(

PRlady
01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I have rcn in DC and the channel listing is showing it in HD available in premiere. :mad: those sobs already charge the earth for what I have now.

rfisher
01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
The new NBC sports program is focused on NHL, soccer and outdoor (hunting/fishing) programs. They will feature some of the summer olympic programming. I don't expect to see any skating on the channel. They'll show olympic skating during prime time in 2014.

BreakfastClub
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, it may not be Xfinity (I did say I could be wrong about the carrier) but last fall there was a commercial running for awhile that allowed people to "tailor" their cable packages by interest. I didn't imagine it.

I believe you, but I'd be curious to know who it was if you can post or PM me. I work in the industry and I'm not at all aware of any carriers (MSO or satellite) with this type of offering. Really curious from a professional standpoint...

catser2002
01-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Can anyone who has Direct TV verify that Universal is actually broadcasting? I just got through talking to Time Warner here in So Cal and they claim that Universal is no longer broadcasting anywhere - that it no longer exists.

skipaway
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes, Universal Sports is broadcasting on channel 625 on Directv....as I speak.
You know, it's odd, Directv was the only one for a while that wasn't carrying US, but now, they're the only ones who do.

skatesindreams
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
^^^
I've been trying to find a way to ask about/ascertain their schedule.
Has anyone found links?

acraven
01-03-2012, 05:48 PM
^^^
I've been trying to find a way to ask about/ascertain their schedule.
Has anyone found links?

http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/index.html

catser2002
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes, Universal Sports is broadcasting on channel 625 on Directv....as I speak.
You know, it's odd, Directv was the only one for a while that wasn't carrying US, but now, they're the only ones who do.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to look into making a switch.

I think this is one of the dumbest decisions NBC has made. Not just the for skating - but all the other sports - swimming, diving, gymnastics, track, equestrian, rowing and so on - that have only been on Universal recently. This just months before the London games. Don't know what will happen with the Olympic events they used to show on Universal. What a way to decrease interest in the Olympics.

skatesindreams
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/index.html

Thanks, that's the schedule for US; not the schedule for the new "NBC Sports Channel" - formerly VERSUS - which has been showing a program about "Bird-watching"!
Next on: Poker!

catser2002
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks, that's the schedule for US; not the schedule for the new "NBC Sports Channel" - formerly VERSUS - which has been showing a program about "Bird-watching"!
Next on: Poker!

I think that is going to be the NBC sports channel. Looks like they are just taking over Versus - keeping much of Versus content and adding some junk - more ball/stick sports and talk shows.

Years ago Versus was called The Outdoor Channel - very heavy on hunting and fishing type content. When it changed to Versus they kept many of those shows. We used to watch the channel often when it was The Outdoor Channel as they had serveral shows about skiing which we were more involved in back then. They all disappeared when it became Versus.

skatesindreams
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm familiar with the various incarnations.
I was hoping that with the new identity they would make some of the programming from Universal Sports more widely available.

Sparks
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm familiar with the various incarnations.
I was hoping that with the new identity they would make some of the programming from Universal Sports more widely available.

I'm not counting on it. :(