PDA

View Full Version : Hair buns on guys - are they the new mullet

Pages : [1] 2

essence_of_soy
09-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Sorry, but along with Alice bands and corn rows, this is one look on men I just can't get into. The funny thing is, it's often seen on the toughest M***** F****** out there. So, I guess no one's going to criticize this fashion faux pas to their faces, right! :lol:

Lynn Marshall's blog goes into a bit more detail.

http://community.eharlequin.com/content/whatís-man-buns-and-iím-not-talking-derrieres-lynne-marshall

BittyBug
09-12-2011, 02:46 AM
With few exceptions, I can't stand men in ponytails or with loose long hair that's past the shoulder either.

BigB08822
09-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Men with long hair don't do it for me, with just a very few exceptions. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a guy with long hair after cutting it all off and I think "omg, he IS hot!" I never can see it with the longer hair, it gets in the way for me. I do like guys with longish hair, that you can run your hands through, but nothing that even touches their shoulders. It doesn't have to be super short.

Sally1214
09-12-2011, 04:47 AM
One "exception" for me instantly leaps to mind ...

http://www.david-garrett.com/

:cheer2:

DAngel
09-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Sorry, but along with Alice bands and corn rows, this is one look on men I just can't get into. The funny thing is, it's often seen on the toughest M***** F****** out there. So, I guess no one's going to criticize this fashion faux pas to their faces, right! :lol:

I find the look interesting :lol:

Here's another one sporting the look:
Masterchef Adam Liaw (http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/07/25/1225896/795063-adam-liaw.jpg)

I have to say, i love watching him cook :) He's awesome, hair buns and all :lol:

orbitz
09-12-2011, 05:02 AM
If you are blessed with a cute face and a gorgeous head of hair then you can rock any look.

genevieve
09-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Lynn Marshall's blog goes into a bit more detail.

http://community.eharlequin.com/content/what’s-man-buns-and-i’m-not-talking-derrieres-lynne-marshall
Lynn Marshall apparently had no effing idea what a hair bun is - the example in the blog is merely a doubled up ponytail.

I see lots of guys with long hair, some wear it loose, some wear ponytails, but I've never seen a man with a real bun. I wuzrobbed of this alleged new trend! :wuzrobbed

Some guys look great with long hair, some don't - same goes with women.

Flatfoote
09-12-2011, 06:13 AM
With few exceptions, I can't stand men in ponytails or with loose long hair that's past the shoulder either.

The biggest exception for me would be Joe Lando. Do a Google search of images of him. His "Sully" look for Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was soooo much better than the look he sports with short cropped hair and a business suit.

kwanfan1818
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
I think hair buns for men are the new bald guys with ponytails.

Civic
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
IMO, only rock musicians can get away with shoulder length or longer hair. However, no man has any business wearing his hair in a bun.

AndyWarhol
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Ahg, man buns. They are the bane of my life. I live in around the Fitzroy area in Melbourne, and every second man has his hair in a bun. Often with a moustache!

A bun!!

Civic
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Ahg, man buns. They are the bane of my life. I live in around the Fitzroy area in Melbourne, and every second man has his hair in a bun. Often with a moustache!

A bun!!

Are there any practical reasons for these buns? i.e. food service workers who won't to make sure hair doesn't wind up in food or guys who work around heavy machinery who want to insure their hair doesn't get caught in it.

Reuven
09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I think hair buns for men are the new bald guys with ponytails.
Nothing more pathetic than than a half-bald, grey-hair old geezer with twenty strands of hair in a pony tail, except for those who part their hair just over the ear and try to cover their bald pate with the ten or so thin strands they have left.

allezfred
09-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Nothing more pathetic than than a half-bald, grey-hair old geezer with twenty strands of hair in a pony tail, except for those who part their hair just over the ear and try to cover their bald pate with the ten or so thin strands they have left.

In Japanese, it's called "the barcode". :D

Flatfoote
09-13-2011, 04:54 AM

I think you just described my brother in law! :shuffle: