PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 - NYC! (((Project Runway spoilers)))

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

soxxy
09-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Fun show at Anna Sui. They turned down the lights, the music was great, and the girls showed personality (and I sense they were the A listers). Most everything was printed.

soxxy
09-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Fun show at Anna Sui. They turned down the lights, the music was great, and the girls showed personality (and I sense they were the A listers). Most everything was printed.

ETA:

Ralph Lauren takes a couple of days to get his video up. Gorgeous high-def, one angle, breathtaking. A couple of cutaways to Olivia Wilde who's supposed to wear one of the gowns to the Emmys.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12109707&ab=int_091611_HP_SPRING2012RUNWAY_EXPLORENOW

Beefcake
09-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Kristi Alley looked gorgeous!! She's 60 years old!:eek:

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/09/kirstie_alley_walked_in_a_fash.html
Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks (latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2011/09/newly-slim-kirstie-alley-size-4-new-york-fashion-week-debut.html)

:kickass:

BigB08822
09-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks (latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2011/09/newly-slim-kirstie-alley-size-4-new-york-fashion-week-debut.html)

OMG, exactly what I was wondering. When I read about all the weight she lost I thought "whatever, they are clearly covering her up. She hasn't lost near that." Then I saw her in regular clothes and it was obvious how much she really has lost.

soxxy
09-17-2011, 07:53 PM

The last time she lost a significant amount of weight she did the Oprah bikini thing....maybe she wanted to avoid anything like that.

She does look :kickass: and has the personality to match.

(And I still think she should have won DWTS! :mad:)

Fergus
09-17-2011, 08:11 PM

That blue ensemble is gorgeous, so early-60s Scaasi. :swoon:

In fact, I think I might have found my Halloween costume.....! :D

Beefcake
09-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Ah, I love quoting the greats. :P

Anyway, Tim Gunn calls out the fashion industry (marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/19/tim-gunn-kirstie-alley-is-not-a-size-4/?hpt=en_c2) for vanity sizing, pointing out that smaller sizes = larger sales, and pretty much saying Kirstie Alley is no size 4.

Go Tim! I'm very well read on Marilyn Monroe -- my all-time favorite actress who I also consider to be the all-time sex symbol/perfect figure -- and those who knew her say that she was a size 12 ... which translates to a, er, healthy woman nowadays. However, I saw one of Marilyn's dresses in an exhibit ... it was much smaller than expected. Kirstie might be smaller in the hips than MM, but I'd say that they're both in the size 7-8 range.

Aceon6
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Ah, I love quoting the greats. :P

Anyway, Tim Gunn calls out the fashion industry (marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/19/tim-gunn-kirstie-alley-is-not-a-size-4/?hpt=en_c2) for vanity sizing, pointing out that smaller sizes = larger sales, and pretty much saying Kirstie Alley is no size 4.

Go Tim! I'm very well read on Marilyn Monroe -- my all-time favorite actress who I also consider to be the all-time sex symbol/perfect figure -- and those who knew her say that she was a size 12 ... which translates to a, er, healthy woman nowadays. However, I saw one of Marilyn's dresses in an exhibit ... it was much smaller than expected. Kirstie might be smaller in the hips than MM, but I'd say that they're both in the size 7-8 range.

Prior to 1970, there was standard sizing. A 12 would have been a 36" hip. My mother, who was 5'1" and weighed under 100 lbs, wore an 8 or 10. We tried one of my mother's vintage dresses on my niece who wears a 2 or 4 today and it fit.