PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 - NYC! (((Project Runway spoilers)))

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

dbell1
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
After finding all of the collections, I'd pick Laura as the winner. Kimberly #2 and Anya #3. Was hoping Viktor would have some nice things, but it looks like a collection of trees. Bert has some classic gorgeous pieces too.

Anthony Ryan's is just freaking scary and Fauxoliver's looks like a homage to the unibrow. :scream:

uyeahu
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
:lol:

I loved a lot of Anthony Ryan's collection and I think his colors and use of pattern are on trend with what other designers are showing in their collections this season so he may have a shot. Nina and Michael are all about being "on trend". That's how Gretchen won.

My other favorite collection is Bert's. I bet when we see it moving it will be amazing. I don't think he'll win because it's a little too classic and not at all where the rest of the fashion community is at right now. If he'd made those classic Halston inspired dresses in some neon colors and prints he'd have a shot.

If I were picking a winner I'd probably say Viktor but I'm concerned that one of his looks could easily be confused with Olivier's (maybe it's a look attributed to the wrong designer but TLO don't usually get it wrong). And also, his Kaleidoscope prints remind me SO much of those being used by other designers like Prabal Garung and while it's good to be on trend it's not good to be too referential. Nina will get you for it.

Fergus
09-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Custo Barcelona starting soon, then Tommy Hilfiger. :watch:

Heads up for tomorrow:

Carolina Herrera at 10am, Betsy Johnson at 6pm. :)

Jayar
09-12-2011, 05:28 AM
A slideshow of the Parke & Ronen Spring 2012 (http://www.gq.com/fashion-shows/fullscreen/S2012MEN-PARKERONEN/) collection.

Gorgeous!!! I'll take one of each, please! :swoon:

And the clothes ain't bad, either...... :D

I recognize most of those models from the gym that I used to work out at. They clean up well... Want to know where to work out? I'll throw Christopher Meloni in there for good measure.

Fergus
09-12-2011, 01:39 PM
^ :huh: More details, please, je suis a bit dense on Monday mornings. ;)

Here's a review with video link of yesterday's Simon Spurr (http://www.nyunews.com/life/2011/09/13/13spurr/) show! :)

Fergus
09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
So a couple looks were verging on Hedda Lettuce territory, but once again Madame Herrera knocks it outta the park!

Definitely some Duchess of Cambridge-inspired gathered trains on the evening gowns. :D

Pretty pretty pretty! :swoon:

Rob
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
My top 3 are Bert, Laura, and Anya. I love Bert's the most, but I don't think it will win. Laura's will probably win if she is F3.

What happened to Anthony Ryan? Yikes.

I liked Viktor's when the photos of the first few looks came out, but now that the rest is there, they are not all strong pieces.

danceronice
09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Neither fit well, but that second one makes a size 00 model look like she’s got a muffin top. Blecherous.

I'm on a slow connection, so the second opened top of the picture down and I'm thinking, okay, that print's not great but it's not that awf-- MERCIFUL MOTHER OF GOD WHAT ARE THOSE SHORTS?

Allen
09-13-2011, 12:54 AM
At first, I felt Laura's color story was off, but I've seen quite a lot of those colors in other collections. However, most of the other collections using those colors also had some orange or another accent color to brighten things up.

Anthony Ryan's collection is very on trend, probably the most on trend of any of the 9. So, if he's in the top 3, I see a good chance of him winning based on what happened last season.

Anya's black and white, while really nice, looked out of place with the rest of her collection.

I really wonder if Olivier is in the final group and how his fit issues will be perceived. I can see Nina really liking that collection besides the fit issues.

Fergus
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
BADGLEY MISCHKA on now! :watch:

^ The gowns, as usual for B/M, are gorgeous. Some of the cocktail looks are Ivana Trump c. 1986.

Other highlights today:

Vera Wang at 11am ET & Narcisso Rodriguez at 8pm.

Beefcake
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Has anyone read what was the order of presentation for the PR designer collections? I'd like to start :COP: what the OOP and groupings indicate. (i.e. anyone presenting first, or right before or after Bryce, has a greater chance of "not" being a finalist.)

Allen
09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
BADGLEY MISCHKA on now! :watch:

Other highlights today:

Vera Wang at 11am ET & Narcisso Rodriguez at 8pm.

I'll definitely be tuning in for Wang and Rodriguez. My favorite shows so far have been Derek Lam andDonna Karan. I missed Betsey Johnson last night, so I'm going to try to catch a rerun of it today.

Here are the photos from Marc Jacobs very strong show for Marc by Marc Jacobs last night. His main collection is Thursday night, which is always the highlight of New York Fashion week to me.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2012RTW-MARC

Allen
09-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Has anyone read what was the order of presentation for the PR designer collections? I'd like to start :COP: what the OOP and groupings indicate. (i.e. anyone presenting first, or right before or after Bryce, has a greater chance of "not" being a finalist.)

Apparently it's the order they have them on Blogging Project Runway. They were tweeting about what the designers were saying in their intros and the time it was happening.

That order was:

Laura
Bert
Brice
Anthony Ryan
Viktor
Kimberly
Olivier
Anya
Josh M

Tom and Lorenzo had them grouped differently though.

Beefcake
09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
:lol: That doesn't help at all ... in fact, it confuses things thoroughly!

Laura's being first, hmmm. Are the finalists sprinkled around the OOP? Or in order in the mid-section [AR, Viktor, Kimbely]? Or in order at near-end [Kimberly, Olivier, Anya]?

Allen
09-13-2011, 03:54 PM
:lol: That doesn't help at all ... in fact, it confuses things thoroughly!

Laura's being first, hmmm. Are the finalists sprinkled around the OOP? Or in order in the mid-section [AR, Viktor, Kimbely]? Or in order at near-end [Kimberly, Olivier, Anya]?

I want to say that last year, they were sprinkled throughout the order.

Tom and Lorenzo grouped them Laura, Olivier, and Vitkor, then Anya, AR, and Bert, and then Bryce, Josh M, and Kimberly. I was curious as to why they put those people in groups as it's not the order they presented their collections. I'm thinking perhaps Tom and Lorenzo have some intel about the order of elimination.