PDA

View Full Version : Madonna loathes hydrangeas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

gkelly
09-16-2011, 10:37 PM
They're purple!

Or not, (http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colorchange.html) if you prefer.

loulou
09-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Really though, had you ever seen a hydrangeas bouquet before?

milanessa
09-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Or not, (http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colorchange.html) if you prefer.

Ooh - do they come in white?

BittyBug
09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Really though, had you ever seen a hydrangeas bouquet before?They're very popular in my area - they even sell them at Whole Foods (U.S. natural foods supermarket).

milanessa
09-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Really though, had you ever seen a hydrangeas bouquet before?

Sure.

my little pony
09-16-2011, 11:18 PM
They're very popular in my area - they even sell them at Whole Foods (U.S. natural foods supermarket).

ita, i see lots of hydrangea bouquets here

i have a friend who sends me a bouquet of blue ones every year for my birthday

cruisin
09-16-2011, 11:31 PM

I have white ones and blue ones. They are one of my favorite flowers, second to sunflowers.

Vagabond
09-16-2011, 11:50 PM
And who made that rule? ;) I certainly believe that she doesn't - this is pure PR.

She is (in terms of her publicity and fame, and how seriously she takes it and herself) the Joan Crawford of today (no reflection on, or reference to, how she treats her children intended at all).

And to underscore VALuvsMKwan's point, I give you this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7w6vBVqLMc&NR=1), with another actress playing essentially the same scene with much more conviction. :shuffle:

cruisin
09-17-2011, 02:06 AM
And to underscore VALuvsMKwan's point, I give you this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7w6vBVqLMc&NR=1), with another actress playing essentially the same scene with much more conviction. :shuffle:

That is Faye Dunaway, a cut from the original "Mommie Dearest". Ironic that she is attacking roses - Madonna's favorite. :lol: Maybe Joan liked hydrangeas :lol:

Madonna's clip was more The Godfather (including the music).

Angelskates
09-17-2011, 04:49 AM
I would never have know those flowers were called hydrangeas if not for this thread. FSU - always educational. (14 pages??)

loulou
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Yep. The gardner here grows white ones. They go well with magnolia trees.
But I like the pink and the purple more.

They're very popular in my area - they even sell them at Whole Foods (U.S. natural foods supermarket).

Sure.

ita, i see lots of hydrangea bouquets here

i have a friend who sends me a bouquet of blue ones every year for my birthday

Oh. How out of the flower loop I must be.
I usually get daisies for birthdays.

cruisin
09-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh. How out of the flower loop I must be.
I usually get daisies for birthdays.

My kids will give me sunflowers. Two reasons, I love them and I'm not allergic to them.

Dried hydrangeas make lovely floral arrangements. Of course, I never get to do that, those pesky deer and their ravenous appetites.

mkats
09-17-2011, 05:06 PM
I just want to know why Madonna hates them SO much?

Wyliefan
09-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Goodness knows. They're so pretty, I can't imagine why anyone hates them. But to each his own, I guess. I don't think sunflowers are pretty, but many people do!

VALuvsMKwan
09-17-2011, 07:17 PM
That is Faye Dunaway, a cut from the original "Mommie Dearest". Ironic that she is attacking roses - Madonna's favorite. :lol: Maybe Joan liked hydrangeas :lol:

Madonna's clip was more The Godfather (including the music).

Short of seeing clips of Lypsinka (and what seems like 10,000 far less talented drag queens) performing to audio tracks of "Mommie Dearest", I wonder who has filmed a REMAKE (in response to your use of "original')? That would send the concept of high camp right on out of the solar system. :eek: :rofl:

Perhaps Ms. Ciccione Penn Ritchie would like to take on that project, skilled thespian that she is. :rolleyes: