PDA

View Full Version : Madonna loathes hydrangeas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

mkats
09-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Cow tipping?:confused:

Hey, I just came back from Wisconsin. Apparently cow tipping is an important life skill. :lol:

BittyBug
09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Madonna didn't get where she is today without talent. She may not have the best voice, but as she said once, she didn't get into pop because she thought she was a great singer, she got into pop music because she had something to say. And while she collaborates on a lot of her songs, she certainly has produced a large body of very "of the moment" , highly memorable and catchy pop songs.

She also excels and production - both of her own image and her stage shows. As someone else said, she puts on an incredible concert. And she certainly had a knack for either anticipating trends, sensing a trend and exploiting it, or setting trends.

She does seem to have been rather ruthless in pursuing her business goals, but the same could be said of just about every Hollywood producer, not to mention any other number of types of professionals. She's a bitch, but she has plenty of company in that department.

I do wish she would accept the fact that that was then and now is now and allow herself to age gracefully, as she's starting to bear an eerie resemblance to a wax figure. But that's her choice.

At any rate, for Southpaw who cited Aerosmith, I actually think they're a very interesting example of a band that has managed to stay relevant over 30+ years. A lot of it is due to Run DMC, as that revived their career, but they seized the opportunity and continued to churn out hits. I personally prefer the Aerosmith of Rocks and Toys in the Attic than the Aerosmith of Just Push Play, but go to any Aerosmith concert and unlike the Stones, the arena is filled with just as many young people as aging boomers. Look no further than Steven Tyler being a judge on AI to know that he is still current.

olympic
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
A little bit of trivia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Your_Heart_%28Madonna_song%29

Did you know that 'Open your Heart' was written for Cyndi Lauper, but was eventually recorded by Madonna?? I can see Cyndi doing that song ...

Civic
09-11-2011, 02:57 AM
I like hydrangeas. :shuffle:

So do I. Particularly the mophead, French hydrangeas (Hydrangea macrophylla). The cultivars that turn blue in acidic soil are among my favorite shrubs.

MacMadame
09-11-2011, 03:02 AM
The revolution of the album as a unified concept begun with Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper is dying or dead.

Tell that to Green Day. ;)

loulou
09-11-2011, 11:43 AM
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/09/hydrangeas-symbolize-frigidity-is-that-madonnas-problem.html

She's allergic or just simply hates them? LOL!

And exactly how many people who replied in this thread never said (to a friend, when you thought you weren't on air) anything bad about a recycled Christmas gift, or a string they gave you for your birthday, while you're the culotte kind of gal?

Really, I think if you wanna find bad behaviour about Madonna, you can come up with more.

I still remember she acted highly offended when Letterman didn't remember the number and sex and names of her children - then again, shouldn't had Letterman check wikipedia before filming?

And when he offered her a pizza, and she bluntly replied: "I'm not a cheese person". That was the cherry on top. - Which once again remarked how different we are, since I'm totally a cheese person.

Madonna fans must be a masochistic bunch to put up with her personality

I'm usually not the masochistic type. And yet I've love Madonna since I knew her. - I like her songs a lot, I like the fact that she's an athlet (former - and failed - ballerina), I like that she's flexible and has has great endurance. Plus, see below.

If she had been really smart, she wouldn't have said it at all.

-- Judging from her achievements, I'd say Madonna is pretty darn smart.

She has the strongest will in the world. It's not not even passion, it's pure strength. You can't take her down, no matter what.

I've always loved Michael Jackson's music too. But when he was dying from drugs that only belong in surgery rooms, Madonna could make the US team on beam. Or could learn a triple axel, if she set her mind on it.

-----

Great ones (imo) at Live Earth 2007:

Hey You! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbm6Q59yooE)

La Isla Bonita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0C7A2owRg&feature=related)

Hung Up - takes her skirt away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ41IC17awE&feature=related)

You tell me how you look and move at 50 or so, like she was there.
My texan parents, at that age, had to have their car seats ejecting them out, as they were too heavy and too aching to get out on their own.

orbitz
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I think some people are taking Madonna's use of the word 'loathsome' too literally. People often use words that they don't really mean to be dramatic. Hydrangeas obviously isn't on Madonna's list of favorite flowers, but I doubt she actually 'loaths' it.

PeterG
09-12-2011, 02:05 AM
But I like to bitch about stuff which has absolutely nothing to do with my life. What's the alternative...address my issues? I loathe addressing my issues!!! :lol:

jamesy
09-12-2011, 02:16 AM
I loathe addressing my issues!!! :lol:
I hope you said that with a fake accent.

rfisher
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
But I like to bitch about stuff which has absolutely nothing to do with my life. What's the alternative...address my issues? I loathe addressing my issues!!! :lol:
I loathe that you loathe that.

I hope you said that with a fake accent.

I loathe fake accents.

loulou
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I think some people are taking Madonna's use of the word 'loathsome' too literally. People often use words that they don't really mean to be dramatic. Hydrangeas obviously isn't on Madonna's list of favorite flowers, but I doubt she actually 'loaths' it.

If I think of Madonna, I have no troubles picturing her "loathing" hydrangeas.
And anyway, she probably gets in character the minute she walks on a stage, mike or no mike, and "loathes" everything she doesn't "adore". With a royal accent. - To be frank, it must not be that hard to feel royal these days when stepping on italian sole.

(BTW, I know a guy who married a girl, who's name is the translation of hydrangean. Funny, he even interviewed Madonna once, for work, and thought she had the body of a thirty year girl - The guy is strict, and likes girls more ala Johansson, so I bet Madonna's body looked more like a twenty something).

milanessa
09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
And exactly how many people who replied in this thread never said (to a friend, when you thought you weren't on air) anything bad about a recycled Christmas gift, or a string they gave you for your birthday, while you're the culotte kind of gal?

No one's ever given me a string. :wuzrobbed:

cruisin
09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
To be frank, it must not be that hard to feel royal these days when stepping on italian sole.

I'm not being difficult, but I don't understand what you mean here.

FunnyBut
09-12-2011, 04:30 PM
"loathe" is my favorite part of the clip, as well as the thread title. :lol: It's such a strong word for an innocuous flower , that's what makes the clip memorable. That, and unceremoniously dumping the flowers in the trash upon receipt. :drama:.

My grandmother used to give my dad the frumpiest clothes. She had really bad vision, so he would thank her for them, then walk directly to the incinerator and dump them. Yeah, it was wasteful and ungrateful, but totally :rofl:

That said, I love hydrangeas but they "loathe" my backyard. They wilt and droop in the Texas sun. I'm envious of people who grow them well.

cruisin
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
"loathe" is my favorite part of the clip, as well as the thread title. :lol: It's such a strong word for an innocuous flower , that's what makes the clip memorable. That, and unceremoniously dumping the flowers in the trash upon receipt. :drama:.

That said, I love hydrangeas but they "loathe" my backyard. They wilt and droop in the Texas sun. I'm envious of people who grow them well.

Yes, I think that the extremity of the word loathe was probably what caused the reaction. If she had just put the flowers aside and said that she disliked them, and had not made the remark that the fan obviously didn't know of her loathing of hydrangea, it probably would have gone unnoticed.

I love hydrangeas too, my yard loves them. I only wish the deer loathed them. but apparently the deer consider them a delicacy. One day we have magnificent purple blossoms, the next day we have bitten off sticks. :(