PDA

View Full Version : Who is Johnny talking about?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

os168
09-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks Sleepy Panda for the translated interviews. Just curious is Hanyu still growing?

He seems to have survived the growing spurt surprisingly well, his jumps and flexibility are just astounding. Plus his sensitivity to music and natural flow in his movement at his age makes him the rarest type of skater.

Vash01
09-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Have you guys been hiding under a rock? :P

Hanyu is:

- JGPF Winner
- Junior Worlds Winner
- Four Continents Silver-Medallist
- did two Senior GPs last season

Thanks for the information, but there was no need to be snarky.

My time is valuable. I pick and choose what I want to watch. I don't spend all of my time following figure skating. I love the sport, but it has its place in my order of priorities and it is not a top 5. I keep track of what I feel is more important- like senior GP and above competitions (4CC typically has those who are not going to worlds, which lowers my interest). I do look at the results of the junior competitions, but may not spend my time watching everyone that skates. The Russian ladies have caught my attention, and I have watched some of them. I do pay attention to upcoming young pairs, which is another area of interest to me.

I rarely pay attention to junior GPs, unless I see them live, and/or unless something catches my interest -like Hanyu's jumps very recently, and some of the Russian ladies.

I rarely pay a lot of attention to 4CC, even at the senior level. My attention is focused on worlds at that time.

Unless Hanyu had medalled at the senior GPs last year, it's unlikely that I would have noticed. As I said, I don't watch every skater; there is only so much time in a day and there are more important things to do in my life.

Sparks
09-20-2011, 07:59 PM
^^^Are you purposely asking for your FSU Pledge Pin to be taken away? :lol:

julieann
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Are you his doctor? Or a doctor at all??? If not, perhaps you should not make judgements on how "serious" or existent the issue is, especially seeing as there are articles cited confirming his asthma.

My son has asthma and runs track. I hope Hanyu can keep it under control or grow out of it as he grows into his twenties. I would hate to see it hinder his skating he is amazing!

Vash01
09-20-2011, 08:27 PM

I assume this one's for me, and :lol: for that.

Ziggy
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM

BAN HER! :mad: :lynch:

aemeraldrainc
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM
:rofl:
You guys are hilarious.
I don't think Ziggy meant to be snarky.
All in good fun. Hence the :P

Vash01
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
:rofl:
You guys are hilarious.
I don't think Ziggy meant to be snarky.
All in good fun. Hence the :P

Thanks for a good laugh!:)

Ziggy
09-22-2011, 01:12 AM
I really did mean to be snarky, actually. :P
:EVILLE:

I just can't comprehend that people could be spending a lot of their time reading and posting on a skating forum, but have never heard of somebody as characteristic and accomplished as Hanyu.

Every time I see threads "discovering" really accomplished and successful skaters, I want to murder posters.

I mean it's fine if it's my mum who watches skating once a year on tv. But this is FSU god dammit! :P

(And it's not like I have time and opportunity to watch many competitions myself)

Vash01
09-22-2011, 01:40 AM

I just can't comprehend that people could be spending a lot of their time reading and posting on a skating forum, but have never heard of somebody as characteristic and accomplished as Hanyu.

Every time I see threads "discovering" really accomplished and successful skaters, I want to murder posters.

I mean it's fine if it's my mum who watches skating once a year on tv. But this is FSU god dammit! :P

(And it's not like I have time and opportunity to watch many competitions myself)

Perhaps you can't comprehend that people have priorities, even on fsu. No, I did not hear of Hanyu until I read about him on another forum. Want to kill me for that?:mad:

Ziggy
09-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Perhaps you can't comprehend that people have priorities, even on fsu.

I just feel that reading/posting on a skating forum is so nerdy and unusual in the first place, that it surprises me there are a lot of people who only go halfway.

No way I have time to watch all the competitions, but reading the results of all of them is an absolute must. Otherwise, I'd feel like I would have to give my skating badge away. ;(

But no, I'm probably just very jealous because I am not able to prioritise or organise myself whatsoever. ;)

Why can't everyone be like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? (Terrifying thought, innit :D)

No, I did not hear of Hanyu until I read about him on another forum. Want to kill me for that?:mad:

No, just ban you for not being a real skating fan. :mitchell: ;)

(Actually, I'm just looking to pick a fight and cause some trouble as usual :D)

You know, I don't discriminate, I hate everything and everybody. :D

aemeraldrainc
09-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Lmao!! Ok, then.
I stand corrected. :)
Shame on you! :slinkaway :P

Marco
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I just feel that reading/posting on a skating forum is so nerdy and unusual in the first place, that it surprises me there are a lot of people who only go halfway.

You know, some posters spend too much time picking people's posts apart with dumb arguments on FSU and not enough time watching the actual sport, which makes their arguments even more ridiculous (but somehow also explaining the ignorance). :lol:

Hedwig
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM

:lol: I know how you feel. I am sometimes :yikes: in polls like "who is the best of the Russian babies" where it is clear that people vote who haven't even looked up the options in the poll and just go with the most well known name.
I wonder - why vote then?
And posters who suddenly "discover" skaters like Martiusheva/Rogonov and then post about it excitedly that there is a pair with great posture and I wonder under which rock they have been hiding the last 3 years.

I am not surprised if it is someone who only just joined the forum or someone who I see posting only very rarely but sometimes this is from posters I see posting all over the place and that seems so strange to me.

But different people different priorities. It seems I still have to learn that. ;)

Vash01
09-23-2011, 06:10 PM
But different people different priorities. It seems I still have to learn that. ;)

You certainly do.