PDA

View Full Version : Everything Facebook - Pros, Cons, Changes, Advice, Help Needed...It's All Here, Folks

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Kasey
09-21-2011, 03:50 AM
My question is about people who tag photos of mine in which no one appears (it's a scenic shot, or a picture at an event, etc.). Why do people tag themselves in pictures like this? And sometimes people tag an item in a photo in which I appear. I don't get this, it seems strange to me. Any explanations? :confused:

I think sometimes people do that when they want to make sure you see the photo for some reason. My mom does that to me, tagging me in pictures of my cousin's kids and stuff. Yeah, I have no kids. Whatever.

PrincessLeppard
09-21-2011, 03:51 AM
If I want to make sure someone sees a particular photo (like when I got a picture of my friend's cat totally stoned on 'nip), I tag them so they get notified.

PrincessLeppard
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Me again. So my news feed is a mess, and I can't figure out how to see the most recent stuff. It's just giving me the "top" stories. Help!

ChelleC
09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
^^^

In the same situation as PL, I think it's the new facebook changes though. Extremely annoying.

PrincessLeppard
09-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I know. I've managed to get rid of some crap it considered a "top" story, but I liked the feature where I could just see the most recent status updates. I have no idea why they would get rid of that.....

skatemommy
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
WTF happened to Facebook today? And how to I get the status updates back? :mad:

Rex
09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
My issue with facebook is that so many people I don't want to communicate with-family members, neighbors, ex-boyfriends, stalkers, perverts, and FSU members all seem to want to to be "friends" and know whenever I'm on the site. :P

This is EXACTLY why I closed my account - these exact same reasons. And before I did, I made a point of letting everyone know this.

And some sites these days won't allow you to register unless you use your Facebook account. I don't think that is a good idea at all - folks tend to like the anonymity of the Internet, and Facebook all but ruins that.

Holley Calmes
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
This new Facebook is a mess! Who are they to "decide" what my "top stories" are? And the feed keeps jumping up to the top of the page....maybe that's just a temporary glitch, but I sure don't like it. I use Facebook a lot for my work with the ballet, and all our little dancers are on it, and I have to keep tabs on them to make sure they aren't using the f word and etc on it. :lol: Seriously! It is a good marketing tool for selling tickets and keeping up interest.

I do not like this new format.

Sparks
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Waking up to these annoying changes is awful!

Ajax
09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I've always been a facebook defender and I think it's a great tool for keeping touch with people, but these new changes are getting to be a bit much. The window where you actually see your profile is now even narrower due to that newsfeed sidebar. There's also some bug going on with the photos. I tried to add photos to the page of an event I attended and the only way was to add them one by one - annoying! I tagged myself in them but those photos don't show up among the tagged photos on my profile or in the photo strip above the profile. No idea why. Why do they need to make changes every two months????

skatemommy
09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
FB is really heating up with everyone hating the changes. I can't be bothered to learn them. Agree with Holley it is a good way to keep up with people, not now.

dbell1
09-21-2011, 02:46 PM
:wall: So, my 'top story' is one of those cut and paste things about which of your friends is a stripper/zombie/drunk in a bar. The remainder of my top items are equally riveting. Somewhere below it, I found a friend's post about a family member passing away. I hate it. And I don't care who's playing 'Sims Social' either. :scream:

PrincessLeppard
09-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Previous changes haven't really bothered me, but this one is just....horrible. I just want to read status updates and look at pictures.

Oh, my top story was a friend being tagged in a photo by a person I don't know. Yeah. That's what's important to me....

El Rey
09-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I think this explains it pretty well.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=274491775908956&set=a.211458882212246.58184.100000444073891&type=1&theater

My issue is that it seems to get more complicated to use with each update. I actually had to ask a friend how to post a link without the url showing up. I was told after you post it in the box you have to delete the link. :duh: And I tried posting an album for the first time in a while and it's way more complicated now. It's not rocket science, but it's still not as user friendly as it was before. I always liked facebook because of its simplicity. But I guess all these changes keeps their employees busy.

El Rey
09-21-2011, 04:18 PM
You can't remove photo tags? only remove from your profile?