PDA

View Full Version : Everything Facebook - Pros, Cons, Changes, Advice, Help Needed...It's All Here, Folks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

PrincessLeppard
12-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Did everyone lose their "close friends" group? And Family? Or just me?

rjblue
12-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Mine are all still there.

Angelskates
12-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Did everyone lose their "close friends" group? And Family? Or just me?

I lost both my "Beijing" group and my "family" group :(

ETA: they're magically back now :)

UMBS Go Blue
12-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Already the biggest time suck ever, Facebook has taken things to a whole new level with Timeline. A visually beautiful way to showcase all of my photos, the places I've been to, things I've done, interactions I've had, all in precise chronological fashion. Must be providing lots more fodder for their :sekret: privacy-infringing data crunchers. :COP:

PrincessLeppard
12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Mine are still gone. :(

Jenny
12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
They must've had a lot of flack about the newsfeed - I see now you can choose to see "most recent first," ie the old way.

Aussie Willy
12-17-2011, 03:47 AM
I have just had the nicest facebook experience.

A group of us who all went to Primary School together, including my sisters, have been playing "identify the kids" from our old school photos. It was a small school with about 30 kids and the photos are about from 35 years ago. So we are all having a great time trying to work out who was who and reminiscing about the old days. A reunion is due soon I think.

A.H.Black
12-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Can someone help me search better on facebook please. I'm not looking for friends. I'm looking for businesses etc. For example, I might want to find a list of Classical Radio Stations that have facebook pages. Whenever I search under Classical Radio or any combination of terms, I always get one particular site - never a list. How do I search better?

Also - Does anyone use Facebook for their business? I have a small online business and need to set up an account. I'd like to hear others experiences before I go ahead.

BigB08822
12-28-2011, 06:31 AM
I don't know if anyone can help you. Facebook has an AWFUL search feature and as far as I can tell they have never even tried to make it better.

Celine82
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
When you start typing in the search bar, a list of 7 options should appear and at the bottom a line should say "see more results for [whatever you typed]" - click on that. Never hit the "enter" key or it will take you to the first option.
Does that help?

cruisin
12-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Apparently, there is a new service with some airlines, via Facebook. You can go to Facebook and log into an airline page that will give you "bios" of the other passengers on the plane, so that you can select who you want to sit next to. Based on: photos, person's size :eek:, ethnicity :scream:, whether or not they like to talk/sleep, do they snore. Not sure if this is completely an opt in for Facebook. I can't imagine that the airlines can post your info without permission.

Not only do I think this is repugnant, it is dangerous. Why not let the whole world know you're going away and your home will be empty.

What do others think about this?

Jenny
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
If it's the KLM program you are referring to, it's optional, so only allows other passengers access to your FB and LinkedIn profiles if you say so, and they agree too. I don't know anyone who includes their size and whether they snore on their FB and LinkedIn profiles.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dutch-airline-passengers-pick-seatmates-facebook/story?id=15155962#.Tvs5LPLd5Bk

A.H.Black
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
When you start typing in the search bar, a list of 7 options should appear and at the bottom a line should say "see more results for [whatever you typed]" - click on that. Never hit the "enter" key or it will take you to the first option.
Does that help?

Thank you. That does help. I still need to do a lot of searching but at least it gives me more options.

cruisin
12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
If it's the KLM program you are referring to, it's optional, so only allows other passengers access to your FB and LinkedIn profiles if you say so, and they agree too. I don't know anyone who includes their size and whether they snore on their FB and LinkedIn profiles.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dutch-airline-passengers-pick-seatmates-facebook/story?id=15155962#.Tvs5LPLd5Bk

I think size refers more to how big the person is, judging from their photo, not their clothing size :). But, I can see where I didn't make that clear. The snoring part is supposed to go in the post re: the flight that the person is going on. From what I heard (on the radio), the "protocol" is something like this: I am going to be on XYZ flight, on XYZ day, at XYZ time. I will be alone/with XYZ. I enjoy talking or I like to sleep (don't bother me). I snore/don't snore. It is so that "like persons" can chose to sit together. This way chatty Cathy doesn't sit next to sleepy Susan. I just think it's going to go beyond that into a profiling thing, which would be awful.

I just think it's foolish, if nothing else. Why would anyone publish that they are going away? Why not just invite robbers to come to your house :confused:!

KLM is doing it, but some other airlines are following suit. I believe that Delta is doing it and others are preparing to.

Lara
12-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Aguada, United States as my posting location? Note to Facebook, last I checked Puerto Rico wasn't a State. :P