PDA

View Full Version : Madison Chock and Evan Bates article

Pages : [1] 2

Sylvia
09-03-2011, 02:12 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110902&content_id=24096524&vkey=ice_news

kwanette
09-03-2011, 03:32 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110902&content_id=24096524&vkey=ice_news

Thanks for the heads up..Who dropped out?

kwanfan1818
09-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Mysliveckova/Novak.

Libertango
09-03-2011, 10:17 PM
"When Greg decided to quit after worlds, that was actually a surprise for us and for Madi," Shpilband said.

IIRC, Madison actually said that it was not a surprise for her at all :rolleyes:

So Keiffer Hubbell had a try out with Madison Chock too in a addition to the one with Emily Samuelson. I thought he wanted to retire because of his recurring injuries but I guess that he changed his mind.

reese
09-03-2011, 10:43 PM
IIRC, Madison actually said that it was not a surprise for her at all :rolleyes:

Yeah, she did say earlier this summer that she knew he was unhappy and she wasn't surprised. I think she would have dumped him after Worlds anyway, regardless of whether or not he wanted to continue in the sport.

You can tell that Chock/Bates and those around them have been paying close attention to the way the Yankowskas/Coughlin/Denney situation was mishandled, and are trying to get their preferred version of the story out clearly.

I don't buy it, but I do wish them well. I think Chock/Bates will have more of a Tanith/Ben kind of look (gorgeous girl, nerdy guy). It might work for them.

Sparks
09-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Ben Agosto a nerdy guy???
Them's fightin words...

Conga
09-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Ben Agosto a nerdy guy???
Them's fightin words...

^^^^^

olifaunt
09-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Tanith's face could launch a thousand ships. Ben's a looker but everyone looks like a nerd in comparison to her. :D

Sparks
09-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Ben helped Tanith be a better Ice Dancer. I hope Evan can do the same for Madison.

Jayar
09-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, she did say earlier this summer that she knew he was unhappy and she wasn't surprised. I think she would have dumped him after Worlds anyway, regardless of whether or not he wanted to continue in the sport.

When I interviewed them, Madison told me that she was surprised that he decided to quit. She did know that he was unhappy, but everyone thought he would continue for one more season. It was in this issue: http://www.ifsmagazine.com/issues/201110

skatingfan26
09-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I found those two quotes of Shpilband very interesting:

"She skated with Keiffer Hubbell, an excellent tryout, he's a great skater, and with Collin Brubaker, but she chose to skate with Evan.''

[...]

Shpilband, while surprised by the turn of events, supported the skaters' decision.

"They ask for guidance, but [they] also say what they want to do," he said. "You can't force people to do what they don't want to do, if they feel in their hearts that's the way it should be. You have to respect that, you have to support that."

Wonder if Shpilband would have prefered another partner for Madison?

skatemommy
09-04-2011, 02:37 PM
^ there is not much else out there unless he broke up more of his own teams.

~tapdancer~
09-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds lile might have wanted her with Keiffer. But sounds like he's supporting her decision.

Conga
09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, if Igor wanted Chock with a different partner, I wonder who he wanted Bates to team up with? Did Bates try out with Gilles? Maybe he would have preferred she not go off to Canada;) That would have given the Canton camp one more team, too! In addition to Samuelson/Gilles who might end up there...

bek
09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't think Igor's we must support the skaters means that he was necessarily against this pairing. It may mean that he doesn't want to sound like he was all for Emily/Evan breaking up.