PDA

View Full Version : 2011 IAAF World Athletics Championships: Day 4 aka Goodbye Ruby Tues-Daegu

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Beefcake
08-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Somebody has put up some videos of hapless Channel 4 presenter Ortis Deley's on camera blunders.
OMFG, he's awful. If the US media (/ people) cared at all about athletics outside of the Olympics, this poor guy would be a celebrity here already (unfortunately, in the Heidi/Spencer category).

A few bumbles are sort've charming, but his was a calvacade. And he commits one of my top 5 pet peeves -- saying "um" -- over and over and over. :scream:

Beefcake
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
:rofl:
Really? Am I missing something? Laughing at her looks and/or her heartbreak? Hyleas looks just fine and comes across sweetly in media, so it seems to be just a flippant play on words from allezfred.

allezfred
08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Really? Am I missing something? Laughing at her looks and/or her heartbreak? Hyleas looks just fine and comes across sweetly in media, so it seems to be just a flippant play on words from allezfred.

It is. I think there's nothing wrong at all with her looks and I'm sure she's a lovely person. I just can't take Hyleas as a name seriously. :slinkaway

AYS
08-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Michael Johnson seems like he's doing a good job.

floskate
08-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Somebody has put up some videos of hapless Channel 4 presenter Ortis Deley's on camera blunders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=kEbqsuzI5e8

http://youtu.be/Cwx8nkoys30

It got so bad that Michael Johnson had to step in and take charge (http://youtu.be/zJXhqmLvG4w)

He's now been demoted to presenting the highlights show. :eek:

Bonus track - Maurice Greene sneezes (http://youtu.be/bG9lqZMr09I) :rofl:

:wuzrobbed They've been removed. :( So glad to hear Ortis has been replaced. What WERE C4 thinking? Michael Johnson did sterling work for the BBC and if C4 did one thing right it was coughing up the required $$$$ to get him for their Worlds broadcasts. He is by far the most eloquent, honest and informed of all the main broadcasting team they have assembled.

First day back at work after summer break for me so haven't seen anything today. Maybe the thoughts of yesterday were right - Ennis losing here isn't such a big deal and could take some heat off her. She just needs to go to javelin throwing school with Ashton and attack not defend. Glad to hear she got PB's in the LJ and 800 today. At least she finished strong after her javelin :fragile:. Time to catch up with the rest on DVR :)

Loves_Shizuka
08-30-2011, 07:13 PM
A blessing in disguise, IMO, that Jess didn't win.

P.s Poor Ortis! But really... thank god. I was literally turning the volume down/switching over whenever his segments were on. :scream:

Braulio
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
This Ortis guy was really really bad, I was able to catch the first day of competition of C4 and I also was like... is this guy for real???

Glad Ive been following since day 2 russian coverage, though i do not understand a word, but at least they do not cut a million times for breaks (losing field events competition)

I am glad that torrent websites exist!

shah
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM

No, no, I wasn't laughing at her loss, but at allezfred's creative approach to her name :). sorry if it appeared rude!

Jodi
08-31-2011, 03:44 AM
Michael Johnson is always brilliant. I remember when he first started with the BBC and seemed to struggle to get to grips with the British strain of banter and go through broadcasts in a constant state of bemused confusion, poor guy :lol: but he soon settled in. I love how thoughtful he is, he gives genuine insights, and is also prepared to speak the truth as he sees it even when it's rather brutal to British athletes. I feel like I want to write to him personally and apologise on behalf of the country for landing him with these numptys.