PDA

View Full Version : 2011 IAAF World Athletics Championships: Day 3 aka Just Another Manic Mon-Daegu

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Loves_Shizuka
08-29-2011, 02:25 PM
^he touched Xiang during the race, which caused Xiang to stumble.

allezfred
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I heard that too just now. What happened?

He impeded Liu.

Take about :drama:

Official results (http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=08-29-2011/sex=M/discCode=110H/combCode=hash/roundCode=f/results.html#detM_110H_hash_f)

Loves_Shizuka
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Richardson :cheer2:
Xiang :cheer2:
Turner :cheer2:

Domshabfan
08-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Richardson :cheer2:
Xiang :cheer2:
Turner :cheer2:

Boooooooo

Loves_Shizuka
08-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I can't help but be ever-so-slightly amused that two of the real "showboaters" (Bolt and Robles) end up getting disqualified.

allezfred
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Boooooooo

Just saw the race now. Have to say that I thought the decision was correct to disqualify Robles even if it wasn't intentional.

Turner lucky to get bronze though and he knows it.

Beefcake
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Just saw the race now. Have to say that I thought the decision was correct to disqualify Robles even if it wasn't intentional.

Turner lucky to get bronze though and he knows it.
I haven't seen the race yet, but from yours, SI's and Yahoo's assessments, I'd agree that the decision was correct ... Robles almost surely cost Liu the gold.

Yahoo said that there was (is?) a possible re-race? Did this really get some consideration?

Yeh, Turner was doubly lucky ... elevated due to the Robles DQ, and gets the bronze with the same time as Oliver, who gets only 4th. Such is sports!

Loves_Shizuka
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
^Although I highly doubt there would be one, I can understand the consideration for a re-race - even though Liu has been elevated to 2nd, he was headed for gold if it wasn't for Robles. He's still lost out, even after the DQ.

allezfred
08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Yahoo said that there was (is?) a possible re-race? Did this really get some consideration?

I doubt it.

allezfred
08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
^Although I highly doubt there would be one, I can understand the consideration for a re-race - even though Liu has been elevated to 2nd, he was headed for gold if it wasn't for Robles. He's still lost out, even after the DQ.

Perdita Felicien took out another runner in the Athens Olympic final crashing into her lane. I seem to remember there was an appeal, but certainly no re-run.

Beefcake
08-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Murofushi looks hotter every year.
:smokin: Heck yes. And he cleans up :swoon: too. (www.zimbio.com/pictures/7EEKmgaidjz/Japan+Olympic+Team+Send+Off+Ceremony/drw7pd5Nq7R/Koji+Murofushi) Important that my man can wear a suit.

Obviously, I need to start paying attention to the throw events, again! Or perhaps just shift my eyes from the overly beefy and bearish (and sometimes hissy fit throwing ;)) shot putters and discus throwers ... and gaze over the hammer and javelin guys.

allezfred
08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
:smokin: Heck yes. And he cleans up :swoon: too. (www.zimbio.com/pictures/7EEKmgaidjz/Japan+Olympic+Team+Send+Off+Ceremony/drw7pd5Nq7R/Koji+Murofushi) Important that my man can wear a suit.

Obviously, I need to start paying attention to the throw events, again! Or perhaps just shift my eyes from the overly beefy and bearish (and sometimes hissy fit throwing ;)) shot putters and discus throwers ... and gaze over the hammer and javelin guys.

Murofushi aside I think you'll be more impressed with the javelin guys rather than the hammer throwers.

Javelinistos tend not to do hissies as well. ;)

Loves_Shizuka
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

My god. Koji :swoon: He is too hot for words.

Even though I've spent the day getting giddy over track athletes, I love me some field eventers too. Remember Lars Riedel? (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_h0GaLYr_B88/Sx8l5l3R5tI/AAAAAAAABQA/85OGXQ4q8wg/s320/LR8.jpg) Deary me.

And yes, I am looking foward to the javelin. :P

Finnice
08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Murofushi aside I think you'll be more impressed with the javelin guys rather than the hammer throwers.

Waiting for Thorkildsen...
Pitkämäki is not that bad, either. And the new Finnish guy Ari Mannio is also on his way to be hot.
But the Norwegian Candies are :swoon:
Does anyone remember Geir Moen, the 100 & 200 m runner from the 90´s?

allezfred
08-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Does anyone remember Geir Moen, the 100 & 200 m runner from the 90´s?

poths and I were talking about him yesterday funnily enough. :lol:

Not about his hotness, but about him being last white guy to make major finals of sprints. ;)