PDA

View Full Version : Frances Bean Cobain: The apple who fell far from the tree

Pages : [1] 2

Beefcake
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Kind've fluff, but I find Frances Bean Cobain fascinating if only for her rising above what seemed like a predestined Mackenzie Phillips-esque life. Throwback glamour girl is 19 (today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44243242/ns/today-entertainment/)

Who would have predicted this for the little girl who easily could've been born with an addiction/severe birth defects, could've easily met a Trainspotting end in her infancy, and has endured years of her mother's public debacles?

Frances looks like the love child of Madonna and Kate Winslet. :glamor:

Jenny
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
eys, there's lots of buzz about her now - here's another portrait (http://www.gramercyparkhotel.com/blog/?p=2263) that looks more like one would have expected.

genevieve
08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
she is really gorgeous - and she looks like a perfect blend of her parents (Courtney's a total plastic surgery train wreck now but she was destructively beautiful when she was young).

I can't believe she's almost 20 years old :scream:

Jenny
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
she is really gorgeous - and she looks like a perfect blend of her parents (Courtney's a total plastic surgery train wreck now but she was destructively beautiful when she was young).

Kurt also - under all the greasy hair was a startlingly handsome man.

IceJunkie
08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I saw this article earlier, and I thought it WAS Kate Winslet. She's beautiful.

Satellitegirl
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
She's stunning.

overedge
08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Kind've fluff, but I find Frances Bean Cobain fascinating if only for her rising above what seemed like a predestined Mackenzie Phillips-esque life.

"Predestined"? Yes, both her parents had substance abuse problems, but she also has/had grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who all live very normal lives out of the spotlight, and who IIRC she has spent a lot of time with. Which is quite different from how Mackenzie Phillips grew up.

allezfred
08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
I can't believe she's almost 20 years old :scream:

I know. :scream:

Beefcake
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
"Predestined"? Yes, both her parents had substance abuse problems, but she also has/had grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who all live very normal lives out of the spotlight, and who IIRC she has spent a lot of time with. Which is quite different from how Mackenzie Phillips grew up.
:rolleyes: For chrissakes. Do you just hover around here and look for ways to be effing contradictory? WTF?

FWIW, I said "seemed like a predestined", meaning, you know, "seemed to be at the time", by we who did not know the things that would come after, like family taking up Courtney's slack. Ugh.

overedge
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM
:rolleyes: For chrissakes. Do you just hover around here and look for ways to be effing contradictory? WTF?

Get over yourself. I was simply responding to "predestined" and pointing out that she was never in as dire a family situation as Mackenzie Phillips ever was.

skatemommy
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I think she is an "emancipated minor" and was under her Grandma's guardianship until age 18 to get away from her crazy a$$ mom.

Jimena
08-24-2011, 11:16 PM
There are some profile pictures here (http://www.hedislimane.com/diary/day.php?m=8&y=2011&d=2) where she really, really, really looks like her dad. It's her nose, I think.

She's beautiful.

IceAlisa
08-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Frances looks like the love child of Madonna and Kate Winslet. :glamor:

She does! :lol:

Lacey
08-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Sultry gorgeous.

Gypsy
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
There are some profile pictures here (http://www.hedislimane.com/diary/day.php?m=8&y=2011&d=2) where she really, really, really looks like her dad. It's her nose, I think.

She's beautiful.

She is stunning and what a great artistic set of pictures!