PDA

View Full Version : New Partnership! Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

MarieM
09-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I would love to see the reaction of this board if she stays in Canton.

That would be a waste again. See what happened to her there. Bad Karma.

nlyoung
09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
If it turns out the coaches had little to say about the partner swapping, I don't see a problem if she stays in Canton. As long as she and Evan can get over it there might be a bit of rivalry there to spur them all to greater heights ;)

Ziggy
09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
If it turns out the coaches had little to say about the partner swapping, I don't see a problem if she stays in Canton. As long as she and Evan can get over it there might be a bit of rivalry there to spur them all to greater heights ;)

Yeah because we really want to see them being 34754th rate team on the list of S&Z's priorities, getting some awful recycled Zoueva choreography. :P

BethBarnaby
09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
They've been spotted in Colorado Springs working with Tom Dickson.

OrioleBeagle
09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the news!

Lizziebeth
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Article up on Icenetwork now - going back to her former coaches Yuri and Yasa with outside choreo by Tom Dixon and Chris Dean. Sounds good to me.

Debbie S
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Article up on Icenetwork now - going back to her former coaches Yuri and Yasa with outside choreo by Tom Dixon and Chris Dean. Sounds good to me.This is good news! :)

ETA: Article link: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110909&content_id=24436722&vkey=ice_news

Lacey
09-09-2011, 10:48 PM
This sounds great.

genevieve
09-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Hooray! :cheer:

MikiAndoFan#1
09-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Article up on Icenetwork now - going back to her former coaches Yuri and Yasa with outside choreo by Tom Dixon and Chris Dean. Sounds good to me.

:cheer2:

~tapdancer~
09-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Is everybody happy? :)

I think the decision not to stay in Canton was a wise choice. I personally love S/Z but the busy atmosphere there would not have been good for Emily and Todd, they are right in taking the advice to go to coaches that could invest more time in them. And Lynn and Logan can benefit as well with having two good teams to train together and push each other. It certainly has worked in Canton.

Looking forward to seeing what Dean can do for them. I think their styles will be well-suited for his choreo. Wishing them the best of luck this season!

skatemommy
09-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Count me in as happy!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-09-2011, 11:05 PM

That sounds fantastic.

Yuri & Yasa are obviously good coaches, but their choreo wasn't great.

Tom Dickson and Chris Dean are both capable of putting out fabulous work, so I'm happy S&G will be working with those 2.

hlp728
09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
This is AWESOME news!!!! Todd and Emily are really thinking out things for their upcoming season and future. I love that they are using Dickson and Dean for choreography and going with great coaches that have time for them. Can't wait to see what music is selected for them. Starting over gives them a chance to try something different.

Sad reading Emily say "I took from Igor and Marina last season, and it's difficult to leave them, but the situation with me and Evan is still new and a bit tender, and I think its best we train somewhere else, where we can focus on ourselves this season," Samuelson said.

It's refreshing how honest and straight forward she has been since the end of their partnership. Since I don't know the facts leading to their break-up, I am trying not to be negative towards Evan, but it's hard.

This season in ice dancing is going to me fun, suprising, exciting, etc.

Jessica
09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm definitely a happy camper.

Gramps--let Emily know how happy her fans are with their selection of coaches and choreographers. We're looking forward to seeing them.

Did anyone else catch this mistake on the article from "Ice Network?"
"Samuelson and Bates booked time with Dean and Dickson immediately after deciding to team up last month."