PDA

View Full Version : New Partnership! Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

hlp728
08-25-2011, 02:13 AM
One of many thing that excites me about this team is strong possibilty that they will have some great choreography and music. With Todd's 2 previous partners, I liked a lot/probably all of their programs like the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon FD with Trina, the Funny Face and Peruvian ODs with Jane, etc. I remember quite a few great lifts in those programs. I hope they use Christopher Dean or Tom Dickson to do their choreography. It was exciting to see Emily with good choreography to the Swing OD in 2009 and so here's hoping that she will get great programs with Todd. Please Todd steer Emily away from Italian operatic music. I am curious to see what their programs will be like and I can't wait to see them skate.

BethBarnaby
08-25-2011, 03:03 AM
One of many thing that excites me about this team is strong possibilty that they will have some great choreography and music. With Todd's 2 previous partners, I liked a lot/probably all of their programs like the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon FD with Trina, the Funny Face and Peruvian ODs with Jane, etc. I remember quite a few great lifts in those programs. I hope they use Christopher Dean or Tom Dickson to do their choreography. It was exciting to see Emily with good choreography to the Swing OD in 2009 and so here's hoping that she will get great programs with Todd. Please Todd steer Emily away from Italian operatic music. I am curious to see what their programs will be like and I can't wait to see them skate.

Jane was a very gifted athlete, with great back flexibility. Don't underestimate what she contributed to the range of lifts that they were able to create. Emily certainly has her strengths, but I'm not convinced that in the area of lifts she'll be able to do some of the high risk moves that Todd has done with Jane.

shan
08-25-2011, 04:07 AM
If I'm not mistaken the height difference between Jane and Todd was greater than it will be w/ Emily.

hlp728
08-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Jane was a very gifted athlete, with great back flexibility. Don't underestimate what she contributed to the range of lifts that they were able to create. Emily certainly has her strengths, but I'm not convinced that in the area of lifts she'll be able to do some of the high risk moves that Todd has done with Jane.

Oh, I'm not diminishing Jane's talents in anyway. I loved her and Todd together. Jane is a very talented skater and performer I re-read what I wrote and I don't think I said anything disparaging towards Jane. Sorry if my quote came off that way.

As far as height difference Jane is 5'2, Trina is 5'3, and Emily is 5'4 while Todd is 6'0 all according to icenetwork.

reese
08-25-2011, 04:35 AM
I loved Jane and Todd together, but I never really got the feeling they particularly liked each other. I feel like a better personal relationship could have perpetuated their career past the mediocre 2009-2010 season. ($$$ does not seem to be an issue with the Gilles family.)

I'm really hopeful for Emily and Todd!

Conga
08-25-2011, 04:47 AM
I loved Jane and Todd together, but I never really got the feeling they particularly liked each other. I feel like a better personal relationship could have perpetuated their career past the mediocre 2009-2010 season.

Interesting that you say that because I never got the feeling that Trina and Todd particularly liked each other. :confused:

Allen
08-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Interesting that you say that because I never got the feeling that Trina and Todd particularly liked each other. :confused:

Yeah, neither did I, which is a shame. I loved them as a team. They were always very, very different.

DaiKozOda
08-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I have to do some research cause I don't know much about Todd... I'm just thrilled for Emily and I'm sure she'll do well in the future. :)

hlp728
08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Ok, my new hobby is finding out how this team progresses (whatever takes me from the stresses of my real job, right?). As I stated before, I was hoping that Christopher Dean would choreograph for them. Does it mean anything that Emily is now following @torvilleanddean on twitter which you can see here (https://twitter.com/#!/EmilySamuelson/following) and C. Dean (I'm assuming) on twitter said on 8/25 "Doing a little choreography this week for an eligible team." Here's the twitter link for @torvillanddean (https://twitter.com/#!/torvillanddean). Gotta think, it has to be a newly formed team that would need choreography this late in the summer. The program could be for Gilles/Poirier since Paul had a Dean choreographed FD (right?) last season. Anyways, there's my snooping for the day.

skatemommy
08-26-2011, 09:31 PM
HLP - very good Twitter private detective work! :kickass::respec::fan:

galaxygirl
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok, my new hobby is finding out how this team progresses (whatever takes me from the stresses of my real job, right?). As I stated before, I was hoping that Christopher Dean would choreograph for them. Does it mean anything that Emily is now following @torvilleanddean on twitter which you can see here (https://twitter.com/#!/EmilySamuelson/following) and C. Dean (I'm assuming) on twitter said on 8/25 "Doing a little choreography this week for an eligible team." Here's the twitter link for @torvillanddean (https://twitter.com/#!/torvillanddean). Gotta think, it has to be a newly formed team that would need choreography this late in the summer. The program could be for Gilles/Poirier since Paul had a Dean choreographed FD (right?) last season. Anyways, there's my snooping for the day.

I saw that too. :cheer2:

DarrellH
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
All the partnership changes this season has made think of how Dick Button would introduce all of this. I can hear an "Oh, my!" in my head.
It will all probably be introduced as a soap opera parody.

flowerpower
08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
C. Dean (I'm assuming) on twitter said on 8/25 "Doing a little choreography this week for an eligible team." ... Gotta think, it has to be a newly formed team that would need choreography this late in the summer. The program could be for Gilles/Poirier since Paul had a Dean choreographed FD (right?) last season.

Yes, Gilles/Poirier mentioned in an interview that they would be going to Christopher Dean for FD choreo in late August - so I expect it's them.

kirkbiggestfan
08-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Yes, Gilles/Poirier mentioned in an interview that they would be going to Christopher Dean for FD choreo in late August - so I expect it's them.

Does Dean do family rates?;)

Lacey
08-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Speaking of family rates, bless the Gilles parents for keeping 3 kids in skating, I cannot imagine.