PDA

View Full Version : New Partnership! Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

skategal
08-23-2011, 12:40 AM
YAY!! So happy for this team. I always liked Emily and count me in as another one who liked Summerset/Gilles so happy to see Todd back too. Wheeeeeeeee!!!

victoriaheidi
08-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Yay! I'm happy for Emily for finding a great partner, happy that Todd is back and so happy to hear that the whole Gilles family is making positive changes. :)

shan
08-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Loved Summersett/Gilles so I'm excited to see Todd skating again! :cheer2:

Sparks
08-23-2011, 12:51 AM
YAY, for the new team and their coaches!

skatemommy
08-23-2011, 01:14 AM
lemons = lemonade :summer:

~tapdancer~
08-23-2011, 01:18 AM
I think this will be a great partnership, loved the article on them and the upbeat attitudes of both of them. Can't wait to see them on the ice together!

kirkbiggestfan
08-23-2011, 01:25 AM
"It wasn't just me making the decisions; sometimes, the guys found other girls they wanted to skate with"

I am guessing that the quote is for Paul Poirier. He probably thought that Piper was a better match, or was scared that Emily would not be released as easilly as Piper. Todd is a decent and experienced dancer, but I was hoping for a Samuelson-Poirier dream team.

kittyjake5
08-23-2011, 01:26 AM
YAY!! Great news for Emily and Todd.

Cherub721
08-23-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm not that familiar with Gilles, but really happy for Emily! She's my favorite American ice dancer. :)

Clarice
08-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Huzzah! I'll definitely be rooting for them this season!

LilJen
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Interesting that they got feedback via video. Glad to know, too, that she did look into the possibilities of Collin Brubaker, Poirier, and he-Hubbell. Sounds like even though the whole situation caught her by surprise she was very logical and thorough in making her choice.

YAY Emily and Todd!!! Looking forward to seeing what the Ginger Bears show us this fall!

hlp728
08-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I think this will be a great partnership, loved the article on them and the upbeat attitudes of both of them. Can't wait to see them on the ice together!

I loved the article and their attitude towards everything too. It was refreshing in that they were so honest and sincere like Emily talking about who she tried out with and why things didn't work out. Why can't others be like this?

This is the best news I have heard in a long time and I can't wait to see them together. :) Just did a little happy dance in my living room. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they chose Christopher Dean and/or Tom Dickson to choreograph their programs. I loved all of Summersett and Gilles programs choreographed by Dean and Dickson.

The Gilles family ice dancers (Todd and Piper) have hit the jackpot in the figure skating world jackpot this season!!!

When was the last time there red-headed team? Meno/Sand granted their pairs?

hlp728
08-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Interesting that they got feedback via video. Glad to know, too, that she did look into the possibilities of Collin Brubaker, Poirier, and he-Hubbell. Sounds like even though the whole situation caught her by surprise she was very logical and thorough in making her choice.

YAY Emily and Todd!!! Looking forward to seeing what the Ginger Bears show us this fall!

Can we please refer to this team of Emily and Todd as the Ginger Bears? That is too cute.:)

HeatherC
08-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Best of luck to Emily and Todd!! :cheer2:

NBC is going to have one heck of a fluff piece for the dance event at US Nats this year, LOL :rofl:

Lacey
08-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Well, all's well that ends well, well at least the end of the search. Sounds great. He has very nice knees, and she's got the toe point, should be a nice pairing.