PDA

View Full Version : New Partnership! Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Rafter
09-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Interesting that both Todd Gilles and Piper Gilles will have Chris Dean FDs.

I can't begin to imagine the money the Gilles parents must fork out in skating bills. :scream: And to pay for Dean choreo for not one but two kids? Double :scream:.

purple skates
09-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, that particular kind of mistake (the name of the former partner sounding "right" to the author or proofreader as it rolls off the tongue keyboard) is exactly the kind of mistake that would get missed by someone who follows skating closely and would be more likely to be picked up by someone who never heard of Samuelson or Bates or Gilles until writing the article.

You think? Maybe if they were in a hurry. No matter, it is an extremely bad mistake for ice network to make.

Sylvia
09-10-2011, 03:56 PM
The error has been corrected.

Well, that particular kind of mistake (the name of the former partner sounding "right" to the author or proofreader as it rolls off the tongue keyboard) is exactly the kind of mistake that would get missed by someone who follows skating closely and would be more likely to be picked up by someone who never heard of Samuelson or Bates or Gilles until writing the article.
I agree. Good to see that the content of the article at least seems to please most people here. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing Samuelson/Gilles' new programs this season!

skatemommy
09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
If Icenetwork wants to be THE place other media goes to during the season, they are looking pretty oafish right now :rolleyes:

RD
09-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I dunno man...that's one of those mistakes that could definitely be missed by a skating fan.

hlp728
09-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Glad the errors have been fixed, I tweeted the author of the article, Lynn Rutherford (https://twitter.com/#!/lynnrutherford), about the errors you all found last night. Not sure if that made a difference, but I will do it again if something like that occurs again.

Todd and Emily look so cute together in article photo!!

MacMadame
09-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I dunno man...that's one of those mistakes that could definitely be missed by a skating fan.

Which is why we all missed it? ;)

I thought it was pretty glaring and definitely the sort of mistake that someone not familiar with the various parties involved would make.

kwanfan1818
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
The error has been corrected. I agree. Good to see that the content of the article at least seems to please most people here. ;)
I think this is the best of both worlds: excellent coaches and two of the most creative choreographers in the business.

victoriaheidi
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
You would think they would hire "professionals" who are actually interested in figure skating. Not just talking about proofreaders, but who makes the mistakes in the first
place?
Ice Network writers who are actually interested in figure skating. What a novel idea.

And yeah, theyre "just" typos, but come on!
Anyone following what's going on in the off season would know what's up. I bet many, many fsu'ers would do a million times better job.

Sorry for the off topic, but being a former wannabe reporter/writer it really does irk me.

I would so love to write for IN in my spare time...

And honestly, the advantage to hiring someone like me is that I proofread, proofread, proofread-if I told my science professor that Watson and Mendel theorized about the double helix of DNA, I'd be done.

And these people get paid!

dinakt
09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I think this is the best of both worlds: excellent coaches and two of the most creative choreographers in the business.

Word! They seem to have made great choices.
Can't wait to see them compete. Can't wait to see their choreo.

figurefan
09-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Now I am even more excited for Emily! Cannot wait to see this team compete and I think they have what it takes to finish ahead of Chock/Bates...I think Emily and Todd are a better match for each other.

Good Luck Emily and Todd!!!

gkelly
09-10-2011, 06:25 PM
And honestly, the advantage to hiring someone like me is that I proofread, proofread, proofread-if I told my science professor that Watson and Mendel theorized about the double helix of DNA, I'd be done.

A more comparable situation would be if you accidentally referred to this book (http://www.amazon.com/DNA-Secret-James-D-Watson/dp/0375415467), for example, as written by Watson and Crick.

Gramps
09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Samuelson/Gillis are training hard. & hope to be in shape shortly. I know all her fans wish her the best. I've been told to pass that on, so I do. Gramps is getting excited again, about time right? Proud Gramps

galaxygirl
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Samuelson/Gillis are training hard. & hope to be in shape shortly. I know all her fans wish her the best. I've been told to pass that on, so I do. Gramps is getting excited again, about time right? Proud Gramps

Thanks for the update! You have good reason to be proud. :)

Hedwig
09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the update! :)

I cannot wait to see them compete! :) It would have been such a waste to never see Emily's perfect toepoint again. :swoon: