PDA

View Full Version : New Partnership! Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

skfan
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
sounds like a promising arrangement. i'm happy for emily.

*fingers crossed*

jkl
09-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm definitely a happy camper.

Gramps--let Emily know how happy her fans are with their selection of coaches and choreographers. We're looking forward to seeing them.

Did anyone else catch this mistake on the article from "Ice Network?"
"Samuelson and Bates booked time with Dean and Dickson immediately after deciding to team up last month."

The other mistake in the article...I understand that Lynn and Logan have a GP event but not Skate America.

LilJen
09-10-2011, 12:16 AM
"Samuelson and Bates booked time with Dean and Dickson immediately after deciding to team up last month."
That's an unfortunate typo.

Sounds like a great situation for them. And I LOVE that they're going to Tom Dickson, who's never created a bad program, in my opinion. Less fond of Christopher Dean's work but at least the guy does some different stuff. Maybe we'll get some good VOIDY stuff :inavoid: for those who relish the voidy.

Can't wait to see what Emily and Todd have to show us!!

BittyBug
09-10-2011, 12:20 AM
This really sounds like a fantastic combination. Yasa and Yuri for technical excellence, and Dean and Dickson for the creative packaging.

Todd always had interesting programs with his prior partners, and since he and Emily will be using the same choreographers, I expect the trend will continue. :)

purple skates
09-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Yay! OMG, I actually won a vbet too. :lol:

Pikachuusb
09-10-2011, 12:41 AM
:cheer2: WooHoo!!!! :cheer2: I cant wait to see them compete!

Garden Kitty
09-10-2011, 12:46 AM
It sounds like they're making some good, well thought out decisions. I really wish them luck this season and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

sap5
09-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Sounds like the best of all possible worlds! I'm so excited for them, and can't wait to see the results.

~tapdancer~
09-10-2011, 01:44 AM
And they did it twice!

Although Samuelson and Bates are pointing toward U.S. sectionals, the qualifying event for the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, as a "split" team they have also been added to the Grand Prix alternate list.

I love icenetwork but they do need some work with proofreading and fact-checking once in a while!

reese
09-10-2011, 03:49 AM
These are wonderful decisions. I'm *so* glad they aren't going to Marina and Igor where they'd probably need to wear name tags. I also appreciate their candor in all of these recent interviews. I love how Emily was honest about how it would be uncomfortable to be training side-by-side with Evan. For what it's worth, I hope Samuelson/Gilles kill Chock/Bates at Nationals this year.

nashvilledancer
09-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Working with the coaches that helped Emily & Evan (and Lynn & Logan) achieve their unison and line will help meld this new pairing into a TEAM. I already have the feeling that they will be an exciting team. And with Dickson and Dean choreography, they won't look like anyone else.

Ice Network typos--eurgh! I keep offering to proofread for them! The last time, they snippily responded that they didn't need volunteers, they had paid professionals to do that. I responded, 'well, they are not doing a good enough job'!

aemeraldrainc
09-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Working with the coaches that helped Emily & Evan (and Lynn & Logan) achieve their unison and line will help meld this new pairing into a TEAM. I already have the feeling that they will be an exciting team. And with Dickson and Dean choreography, they won't look like anyone else.

Ice Network typos--eurgh! I keep offering to proofread for them! The last time, they snippily responded that they didn't need volunteers, they had paid professionals to do that. I responded, 'well, they are not doing a good enough job'!

You would think they would hire "professionals" who are actually interested in figure skating. Not just talking about proofreaders, but who makes the mistakes in the first
place?
Ice Network writers who are actually interested in figure skating. What a novel idea.

And yeah, theyre "just" typos, but come on!
Anyone following what's going on in the off season would know what's up. I bet many, many fsu'ers would do a million times better job.

Sorry for the off topic, but being a former wannabe reporter/writer it really does irk me.

Zemgirl
09-10-2011, 10:57 AM
:cheer2: Emily and Todd are really going about this the right way - I hope it'll pay off! I'm looking forward to seeing them later this season.

Yes, maybe they need to pay different professionals. And while they're at it, it would be nice if they could update the background pictures.

shan
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
It's still wrong! I sent an email to the feedback address. I've sent emails in the past and gotten responses, so we'll see. I just find it ridiculous to publish things w/ those types of mistakes.

gkelly
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, that particular kind of mistake (the name of the former partner sounding "right" to the author or proofreader as it rolls off the tongue keyboard) is exactly the kind of mistake that would get missed by someone who follows skating closely and would be more likely to be picked up by someone who never heard of Samuelson or Bates or Gilles until writing the article.