PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics News #5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Loves_Shizuka
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm getting so excited now :D

danafan
10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Maroney's D score on bars is only 5.4 so it's extremely unlikely that she will score a mid 14 on this event; even scoring 14 would be good for that routine. It's much improved from last year though. If they need to rely on a routine with that low of a D score in finals they are in trouble.

Buzz
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Men's podium training started today and already the Germans and Americans sound really good and could be challenging for a medal.

VIETgrlTerifa
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't understand all the Anna Li love going around here.

It's due to the U.S. being unbelievably weak on UB. Let's face it, Anna Li with a fall would have scored higher than Vega, Maroney, and Shawn Johnson on UB and possibly on par with Raisman as long as she made her connections. If Rebecca Bross didn't injure herself at Nationals, then we all know Anna Li possibly wouldn't have made the team, but with the way Marta is speaking and the way Anna Li's blog sounds, it seems like it was Gabby Douglas who was originally an alternate and Vega was already on the team. If that's the case, then I don't know what Marta is thinking because Vega is not exceptional on any apparatus in terms of scoring potential. BTW, I know people were gah gah over Vega's FX, but after so much build-up, I was expecting someone with Mattie Larson's exquisite dancing (minus the headcase qualities), but I was sorely disappointed.

Anyway, it's sort of really stupid of Marta if Gabby Douglas was considered the alternate pre-Anna Li injury knowing full-well about our UB deficit. With that being the case, then TF most likely would have been Jordyn Weiber, Anna Li, and Aly Raisman. It doesn't make any sense to me knowing Douglas's high D-score on UB.

Also, Marta doing a good job with the team she has left is due to a system that she perpetuates that overworks and mentally drains the athletes to the point where Marta is forced to deal with a team that "she has left." Same old story since 2004.

bek
10-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't think she will be on that event in TF unless everyone else is injured. We'd be better off throwing Alicia up there and seeing what happens

Thats not true. Raisman is terrible on bars but Alicia is much worse.

haribobo
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Thats not true. Raisman is terrible on bars but Alicia is much worse.

I thought the smilie and wink was enough but maybe a few more emoticons will get the point across that I was joking. :rollin::blah::lol::o:hat1:

VIETgrlTerifa
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I thought the smilie and wink was enough but maybe a few more emoticons will get the point across that I was joking. :rollin::blah::lol::o:hat1:

It was pretty obvious you were joking, ;)

I wonder if Natia Liukin is available. Where's Amy Chow? We need her.

reese
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
If Raisman goes up on bars in TF, Marta should be fired on the spot. Just fire her mid-event, before the team even rotates to beam. Aly is the worst senior bar worker in the US. No scenario should have her up, ever.

haribobo
10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Anyway, it's sort of really stupid of Marta if Gabby Douglas was considered the alternate pre-Anna Li injury knowing full-well about our UB deficit. With that being the case, then TF most likely would have been Jordyn Weiber, Anna Li, and Aly Raisman. It doesn't make any sense to me knowing Douglas's high D-score on UB.

Maybe Vega was looking significantly better than Douglas on other events in the camps? I really like Douglas on bars and in general but I do love Vega's floor pres. and think Marta could have been thinking in those terms. I wonder if Wieber/Li/Raisman on UB + Wieber/Raisman/Vega on FL was looking slightly better than Wieber/Li/Douglas on UB + Wieber/Raisman/Sac on floor? I dunno just theorizing.

Who is good for US ladies on beam besides Wieber and Sac?

haribobo
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM
If Raisman goes up on bars in TF, Marta should be fired on the spot. Just fire her mid-event, before the team even rotates to beam.

:lol: Let's get married :)

ilovesalchows
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I wonder if Natia Liukin is available. Where's Amy Chow? We need her.

Doris Fuchs Brause? Marcia Frederick? :lol:

VIETgrlTerifa
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe Vega was looking significantly better than Douglas on other events in the camps? I really like Douglas on bars and in general but I do love Vega's floor pres. and think Marta could have been thinking in those terms. I don't think Wieber/Li/Raisman on UB + Wieber/Raisman/Vega on FL was looking slightly better than Wieber/Li/Douglas on UB + Wieber/Raisman/Sac on floor? I dunno just theorizing.

Who is good for US ladies on beam besides Wieber and Sac?

That could be true. Maroney and Sacramone's FX can score from upper 13.00s to mid 14.00s. While Vega's score at Covergirl Classic was 14.25 and her 14.40 and 14.5 at Visa's while Sac scored 14.55 at Day 2 of Visa after her horrendous 12.8 on Day 1. Maroney scored 14.50 at Day 2 of Visa after a 13.65 on Day 1. It seems like a minimal chance to score higher on FX compared to what Douglas could score on Bars though.

As for beam, I think Raisman has that third spot. Her D score is 6.4 and her highest score is 15 which is two-tenths lower than Sacramone's score and her average is 14.717 which is on par with Weiber's average so far. Vega could potentially score as well as Raisman (as evidenced by Day 1 of Visa...if we go should go by Visa) on Beam, but it's not as if she's higher than Raisman to the point to off-set Douglas' score on UB compared to the other gymnasts on the team sans Anna Li. That's why Vega made so much sense as an alternate.

haribobo
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Vega could potentially score as well as Raisman (as evidenced by Day 1 of Visa...if we go should go by Visa) on Beam, but it's not as if she's higher than Raisman to the point to off-set Douglas' score on UB compared to the other gymnasts on the team sans Anna Li.

I am totally in awe of your brilliant fluid explanation journey here. Its a crazy ride but I was able to just hang on and its worded perfectly.

VIETgrlTerifa
10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I am totally in awe of your brilliant fluid explanation journey here. Its a crazy ride but I was able to just hang on and its worded perfectly.

:rofl: Now, I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Fridge_Break
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
There's been so much buildup to these championships -- especially with there being more behind-the-scenes video, blogs, and news than ever before -- I'm just ready for the damn event to get started. :drama: