PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics News #5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

altai_rose
10-02-2011, 02:44 PM
We will see about Wieber. Blthye just reported that Komova is back to her old difficulty on floor. And while she only did a DTY in podium training it was reportedly a very well done DTY and she felt based on that DTY Komova just might have her Amanar back.

But every gold, I don't think so on bars and also beam might be difficult too.
A DTY is a lot different from an Amanar, and I'm worried about Komova's beam given that report.

oleada
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I hope it's Komova who wins.

reese
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Rumor has it that Anna Li might be injured...

FSfan107
10-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Anna Li didn't do any training today per the reports. Hope everything is ok.

chipso1
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
The American girls look to be in fine form, but it's still early and I don't want to get my hopes up just yet... :shuffle:

Gabby Douglas looks amazing, though. :D Ditto for Wieber. And Raisman's tumbling is superb, IMO.

I do have to say that it's weird not seeing Rebecca Bross with the rest of the U.S. team. She's been such a regular for USA gymnastics the past 3ish years.

VIETgrlTerifa
10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Gymnastike said that Anna Li did some conditioning and took one turn to get a feel for the bars but did no skills that day. Gymnastike also said Anna Li did not appear to be injured.

Anna Li also doesn't mention an injury on her blog (who knows how much she's willing to share if she was injured though).

http://annali.us/?page_id=29

Tesla
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Sounds like she knows her limitations and doesn't want to overdo anything. Who wants to get burnt out on podium training?

Dionysus
10-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Vika Komova told on her web page that "Team USA is giving Russian girls a cheeky gaze)) - I tremble with fear ha, ha, ha))" :rofl:
She has a sense of humour :D

BigB08822
10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Ponor threw a full twisting double pike dismount off of beam in training just now. :eek:

Americans did not show up for the 8am training which is probably wise, competition is still a few days away and they have another practice scheduled this evening. Very curious to see if Li swings bars or not.

judgejudy27
10-03-2011, 07:41 AM
I remember Miller and Galieva doing the full twisting double pike dismount off beam in the mid 90s.

bek
10-03-2011, 08:03 AM
A DTY is a lot different from an Amanar, and I'm worried about Komova's beam given that report.

Komova looked terrible at YOG too in podium training. Blythe said it looks like Komova is just getting a feel for the apparatus. Frankly I think practice is just that practice and sometimes practice can be a very good place to get your nerves out of the way.

But as for a DTY being a lot different from an Amanar, I'll say true but its not like Komova has never done an Amanar before. If her DTY is as good as it once was it may be that Amanar is back too (or will be back by next year)

judgejudy27
10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Does Komova need the Amanar to have a chance to beat Wieber here? Or without it is she needing a fall from Wieber.

Karpenko
10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Based on the first training vids I think she needs it to win unless Wieber falls. Jordyn gains 1 point alone on Komova on vault and more on floor, which over-rules any ground she'll gain on Jordyn on the other 2 pieces because Jordyn can still break a 15 on those 2 events. I'd say team, AA, VT, and FX are the USA's titles to lose. I think 2 of Gabby, Jordyn, and Anna could make UB finals and think that Jordyn, Alicia, and maybe Gabby or Raisman could make BB finals. Gabby looks so freaking prepared, that UB set is just beautiful and I really hope she hits one like that in prelims.

They really do look good its encouraging, but theres still a few days til prelims and we all know by now what can happen just a few days before Worlds begins. :fragile:

Ponor looks surprisingly good on floor, I like that quad turn and wacky split leap out of her DL. That triple twist is still ugly as ever. :scream:

bek
10-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Based on the first training vids I think she needs it to win unless Wieber falls. Jordyn gains 1 point alone on Komova on vault and more on floor, which over-rules any ground she'll gain on Jordyn on the other 2 pieces because Jordyn can still break a 15 on those 2 events. I'd say team, AA, VT, and FX are the USA's titles to lose. I think 2 of Gabby, Jordyn, and Anna could make UB finals and think that Jordyn, Alicia, and maybe Gabby or Raisman could make BB finals. Gabby looks so freaking prepared, that UB set is just beautiful and I really hope she hits one like that in prelims.

One point on vault is pushing it don't you think. The difference between an Amanar and a DTY is .7 so that means Wieber would have to out execute Komova too. Komova's scored a 15 on her DTY in the past internationally and Blythe said that DTY was very very good.

I think Komova might easily make up the difference on bars. Wieber has never scored a 15 internationally on bars. Her bars is pretty labored, and there's talk she won't be doing her double/double on bars because it has some problems. Wieber at most has scored around 14.8 internationally and Komova around a 15.6 internationally. And thats to even forget the fact that Wieber has been inconsistent on bars all season long.

As for floor that is a question because Komova has not looked herself. But if Komova is back to her old self there...I think the Amanar would definetly make it easier for Komova and really given the luck reiging World AA champs have had at the Olympics Komova should maybe let Jordyn win. But I at the very least soundly disagree about the point on vault.

Karpenko
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
She got a 15.2 with a bigger deduction filled set at nationals. Her freehip 1/1 alone is .2 or 3 better in that vid. All things considered, I think a 15.2 for an improved set or at least a 15 is very possible for her it's a much tighter set.

I think you are under-estimating Jordyn's start values she would only need an 8.6 on UB and an 8.9 on floor in execution which is tough, but she looks good its not impossible! I wasn't all that sold on her this year officially until I saw these vids.

I love Komova and would love for her to win this year and then dominate the Olympics next year, but Jordyn is looking like World champ material to me.