PDA

View Full Version : Kemp & King relocating

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

FarFarAway
08-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Kemp/King Free program results at the Sheffield IJS: http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/SEG006.HTM

Kemp/King scored a TES of 02.00...Ouch.

Oh dear.:eek:
That's really unexpected. I just guess their LP is not ready yet.
Judging by the protocols they did just 3 spirals 2 of them being invalid elements.

But I guess it is high time to present at least some kind of a program by the end of August, am I right?

julieann
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Kemp/King just skated their short at their monitoring competition today. Results are here http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/

It looks like they were just humiliated.

Hedwig
08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
It looks like they were just humiliated.

I guess it was planned that way. They just showed the choreo without the elements. No big deal at this point.

I feel a bit sorry for the Suideks. They are such likeable people but maybe they are too likeable to be great coaches? K/K made improvements under them and they were never very talented to begin with so it isn't the Suideks fault but I wonder they haven't attracted more pairs yet...

julieann
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I guess it was planned that way. They just showed the choreo without the elements. No big deal at this point.

I feel a bit sorry for the Suideks. They are such likeable people but maybe they are too likeable to be great coaches? K/K made improvements under them and they were never very talented to begin with so it isn't the Suideks fault but I wonder they haven't attracted more pairs yet...

So they did regular choreography with sparse elements? That sounds better. I though they just stood around.

Braulio
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
They did improve under the Siudeks, but jumps are they demeanor

To be stuck with 2 flips after 4 seasons, that wont do for them any favour, last season results proved that

hope they can raise the difficulty specially in jumps

OrioleBeagle
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Training with Jim Peterson's teams should be an eye-opening experience for them! Perhaps this will be the reality check that they have been needing!

Aussie Willy
08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Why would you compete without putting any elements out there? That doesn't provide any indication of anything.

And if they were doing it to get feedback on their choreography, then those PCS really don't indicate anything either.

Ziggy
08-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I feel a bit sorry for the Suideks. They are such likeable people but maybe they are too likeable to be great coaches?

Siudeks know very well how to separate the professional and private roles.

Outside of training sessions, they are very friendly with their skaters.

But when they are in their trainer roles, they are extremely strict. And they draw a contract with all their skaters, setting out all their expectations.

If somebody doesn't comply, they get kicked out.

There's no bullshit with them, believe me. ;)

Training with Jim Peterson's teams should be an eye-opening experience for them! Perhaps this will be the reality check that they have been needing!

They've been competing at Euros and Worlds every year so they know very well what their rivals are capable of.

skatefan
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I was in Sheffield yesterday and Kemp/King did a run through of their long programme showing layout, transitions and choreography. They didn't do any of their elements that I saw, although they did do their lifts in the warmup which looked good and strong so I'm not sure why they weren't included in the run through. I actually really liked the choreography, thought it suited them - it was different I think from what they've done before, and wonder who did it for them? Also, I did have a brief chat with them and they haven't yet been to America but will be going shortly after this event - I presume to start adding elements to the programme with their new coaches - and they have no funding.

antmanb
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Apparently the programme wasn't complete so they literally didn't do any elements. I'm not sure exactly how you score PCS when you haven't done any elements. What is if for? Stroking between what would have been elements?

I have assumed that they had the choreography for the programme but maybe haven't practiced doing the elements in the programme where they belong. It seems to be in line with the protocol as the only things that seem to be noted are spins which you would have to attempt or just stand still on the ice for the duration of the planned spin to keep in time with the music.

I'm just surprised that they wouldn't even try the throws and jumps since they haven't ever changed the set up for those in the last god knows how many years - the throw loop has the same Ina Bauer set up up the length of the rink and then they turn and set it up across the width of the rink.

IceDanceFan1
08-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I was in Sheffield yesterday and Kemp/King did a run through of their long programme showing layout, transitions and choreography. They didn't do any of their elements that I saw, although they did do their lifts in the warmup which looked good and strong so I'm not sure why they weren't included in the run through. I actually really liked the choreography, thought it suited them - it was different I think from what they've done before, and wonder who did it for them? Also, I did have a brief chat with them and they haven't yet been to America but will be going shortly after this event - I presume to start adding elements to the programme with their new coaches - and they have no funding.

Think Mark Hanretty choreographed the short program. Not sure on who the free program choreographer was. Hope their move to America works well for them.

Sylvia
10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Kemp & King competed in a U.S. club competition at their new training location in Ellenton, Florida last month and I've posted detailed protocol links in the U.S. Pairs thread here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3310424&postcount=208
They were credited for landing their side-by-side 2A in the SP with only slightly negative GOE.

Ziggy
10-05-2011, 03:07 AM
They were credited for landing their side-by-side 2A in the SP with only slightly negative GOE.

Finally! :)

Jenna
10-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Well, that's an improvement. Yay!

victoriaheidi
10-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I've got to say, if I give any team credit for slugging through, it's these guys.

Amanda and Mark, too, but it's soooo different.