PDA

View Full Version : Kemp & King relocating

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Imperfect Edge
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
They have definately improved over the years - its just they were starting from a much lower level than a lot of other teams so its easily overlooked with the advances of some. 6th place finish at Europeans one year ... if only a jumping god could help Stacey out.

I thought they were going to struggle to stay in Poland due to all funding being cut. This is very odd as to where funding has come from but I want to see them in 2014 if they can possibly manage it. I did wonder if they figured they could earn money in America through some coaching and shows on the side although I know they previously implied they weren't allowed to coach, but maybe if not funded that may have changed.

victoriaheidi
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I want to see them improve! I hope this move can do something for them.

stjeaskategym
08-22-2011, 08:56 PM
If they can't get anything past a double flip, improving the rest of their skating won't really help their results. But they obviously love skating, and I like seeing skaters who have a strong desire to improve and compete just for their own personal satisfaction rather than because they are aiming for a certain placement.

Civic
08-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Very interesting!

I wonder where they managed to secure the funding from.

Training in the US must cost an absolute fortune, compared to Poland.

Speaking of the Siudeks...where in Poland are they currently based?

Ziggy
08-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Speaking of the Siudeks...where in Poland are they currently based?

Since they started coaching, they've been based at the Axel Torun club where they now work with Sylwia Nowak.

They currently have one (Senior) Pair Team: Silja Dos Reis/Mark Magyar, representing Hungary.

sammyf
08-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Kemp/King just skated their short at their monitoring competition today. Results are here http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/

Ziggy
08-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Kemp/King just skated their short at their monitoring competition today. Results are here http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/

Ahhh what a disaster. :(

At least they're trying to go for the 2axels.

shan
08-23-2011, 03:42 AM
I find myself rooting for them again. :slinkaway

antmanb
08-23-2011, 08:58 AM
I'll forever associate Coldplay with hip thrusting thanks to them.

Well that's at least something interesting unlike coldplay's music :shuffle:

antmanb
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Ahhh what a disaster. :(

At least they're trying to go for the 2axels.

They've opened the last two, maybe three season attempting the double axels early in the season. I think they even tried them at one of the senior Bs (finlandia or nebelhorn). But by the time the GP rolls around they're back to the flips.

ETA: The leader of the Novice girls landed a double axel!! That's rare in senior ladies these days let alone novice :lol:

IceDanceFan1
08-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Kemp/King Free program results at the Sheffield IJS: http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/SEG006.HTM

Kemp/King scored a TES of 02.00...Ouch.

antmanb
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Kemp/King Free program results at the Sheffield IJS: http://www.johnds.org/IJS-Sheffield%2711/SEG006.HTM

Kemp/King scored a TES of 02.00...Ouch.

:eek: What the hell? They didn't actually do any elements, but they got PCS so they must have skated something just without any elements whatsoever. Do they not have a an LP yet? Did they have to compete?

blue_idealist
08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
If they can't get anything past a double flip, improving the rest of their skating won't really help their results. But they obviously love skating, and I like seeing skaters who have a strong desire to improve and compete just for their own personal satisfaction rather than because they are aiming for a certain placement.

I thought that David could do SBS triples, but Stacey can't. That's what I heard anyway.

mella
08-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Count me amongst those who think they improved a huge amount with the Suideks. Although the last 18months or so have not been great, they are a vastly different team to the one I first saw in Lyon at 2006 Euros. Hope this new move can add something extra to their skating. I do find myself rooting for them too.

:eek: What the hell? They didn't actually do any elements, but they got PCS so they must have skated something just without any elements whatsoever. Do they not have a an LP yet? Did they have to compete?

Apparently the programme wasn't complete so they literally didn't do any elements. I'm not sure exactly how you score PCS when you haven't done any elements. What is if for? Stroking between what would have been elements?

I thought that David could do SBS triples, but Stacey can't. That's what I heard anyway.

But even if that is the case, "they" are a team so David being able to do them does them no credit as they will always be restricted by what Stacey is able to execute.

Ziggy
08-23-2011, 07:06 PM

David has a quite consistent 2axel and 3toe, I think.

But that's usually the case with pair teams - the male partner having a bigger jumping repertoire than the female one.