PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

AndyWarhol
08-20-2011, 11:34 AM
How does one go into a loop from a half loop.. wouldn't she be on the wrong foot....

sequinsgalore
08-20-2011, 12:16 PM
How does one go into a loop from a half loop.. wouldn't she be on the wrong foot....

Shawn Sawyer did a 3F+1Lo+3Lo+SEQ last season in his long program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSoTrye1gFw&feature=player_detailpage#t=205s

Though at 4CC he underrotated both the 3F and 3Lo. But it is treated as a sequence of three jumps (but you count only the two highest scoring jumps), not a three-jump combo.

AndyWarhol
08-20-2011, 12:18 PM
a full single loop i can understand, but a half loop is generally used to go into a salchow, as one land on the left leg (counter clockwise jumper)

I kinda see how it would work after watching the clip. I think though, that having to put the right leg back down onto the ice, and behind the left leg once completing the half loop looks messy. Shwan looked like he stumbled though the jump...

paskatefan
08-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Wishing Rachel all the best in her new coaching arrangements, not to mention great success in college.

FigureSpins
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Best of luck to Rachael and her new coaching team.

RumbleFish
08-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Maybe she'll put some Caydee Denney Firebird red extensions in her hair as well. I can see it now...

Nakano Yukari also had a memorable costume for her firebird.

olympic
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Just a minor point of disagreement: Rachael doesn't have a full arsenal of triples since she does not have a triple axel.

Obviously. I meant the array of triples that women can normally do

Cal Girl
08-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Wishing Rachael and her new coaching staff a great season.
All the best to Rachael at Stanford.

I do hope she gets a new dressmaker and some fresh ideas that way. Although I have never hated any of her dresses, I haven't loved any either.

victoriaheidi
08-20-2011, 03:52 PM
But she looks great in red!

But NO SLEEVES! The sleeves at Worlds made everything look worse.

Another idea would be to wear a black dress with a bright "firebird" "decal" (I don't think I'm explaining this well, but maybe somebody will understand. If not, I'll try to find a similar image) in one place.

Screenie
08-20-2011, 03:55 PM
So excited about this match up! Justin Dillon and Lynn Smith are both *excellent* coaches, not to mention Sergei.

And in terms of Firebirds, I liked Kurt Browning's . :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inl0dbfFBCw

Though I also just rewatched a few others just to get in the spirit of it.
Like Tonia Kwiatkowski, Kristi & Rudi, Miki Ando, Watson & Oppegard, Miki Ando ... lots of fun excuses to watch skating.

Also a good excuse to watch a program of Justin's that I loved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__BWA0s-7GI

FigureSpins
08-20-2011, 04:09 PM
But NO SLEEVES! The sleeves at Worlds made everything look worse. I don't agree - Rachael doesn't have the same strong "ballet" body as Alissa. I think the illusion tops and sleeveless dresses make her body line look worse. She should try some different styles on the ice to see what really does make her look strong and graceful. The sleeveless/shoulderless dresses aren't working for her.

I like long sleeves on skaters, especially in bold colors.

orbitz
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Also a good excuse to watch a program of Justin's that I loved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__BWA0s-7GI

Wow, what a nice skater he was. Very nice layback too. Was Kristy Ness one of his coaches?

AndyWarhol
08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
But NO SLEEVES! The sleeves at Worlds made everything look worse.

Another idea would be to wear a black dress with a bright "firebird" "decal" (I don't think I'm explaining this well, but maybe somebody will understand. If not, I'll try to find a similar image) in one place.

she needs sleeves. black sleeves.

Ziggy
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM
What Axel Annie said.

Firebird is very nuanced and requires a lot of attack. I can't imagine Flat doing it justice, it'll probably be very painful to watch.

RD
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
:rofl: but well, you never know. According to her coach choices, I'd take it she wants to develop that side of her skating as well.