PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26

Jenna
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Joannie is muscular. Rachael is smooshy looking.

What do you look like?

Hell, I know I'm not in great shape.

Willowway
10-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Rachael is a good-looking young lady with a cute figure. With the criticisms heaped upon her here, I shudder to imagine what posters would write of us who are truly appearance challenged!

ITA! I'm happy to read the good and the bad about programs, music choices, technique, costumes - all those things that go into skating over which someone has some real control.

When it comes to bashing a skater, or anyone, on the level presented by some posters here, it turns into something else altogether. I think a step back might be in order.

toddlj
10-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I've seen Rachael in person. She is not flabby looking at all; her skin does not look loose or jiggly in any way. In person her arms seem normal-thin; not disturbingly-anorexic-thin. It is true that she does not appear to be "buff" like Rochette. But most skaters don't.

I have no idea where the fat comments come from. She has a roundish face, which will probably get more chiseled as she gets older. She's not fat, chubby, heavy, bulky, soft, flabby, doughy, or any other of these things.

ETA: She is also not mushy, or round, or soft.

Cheylana
10-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Same old same old

Same old same old
Why do you two feel the need to repeat your negative opinions of Rachael in this thread ad nauseum. We get it; you only like scrawny skaters like Mirai and Alissa and you hate absolutely everything about Rachael's physique, style and skating and think Rachael should leave skating for good and crawl under a rock.

AxelAnnie
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
What do you look like?

Hell, I know I'm not in great shape.

Well that is on topic...LOL.
I am an old lady.

I have two daughters. They are each tall. And thin. One has my bone structure and the other has her fathere's. Even tho the weigh the same one is willow like and the other is mushy. My point is that it issue not a question of height ' weight or fitness. Some people are just mush and round and soft

Jammers
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Mirai isn't scrawny. Now Alissa looks like she needs to eat a sandwich or two she was looking way to thin last year.

pinky166
10-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Mirai isn't scrawny. Now Alissa looks like she needs to eat a sandwich or two she was looking way to thin last year.

Mirai is not scrawny anymore, but then again I remember a bunch of posters commenting about how SHE was looking "unfit", "thick", and "heavier" on her thread this summer, at Nebelhorn, and actually those comments have been going on since the beginning of last season. Before last season, she was pretty scrawny, which is probably why trolls never said anything. Alissa was always pin-thin but seems to have gotten even more so in the past season or two - if anyone's at an unhealthy weight, it's her, not Mirai or Rachael who some posters seem to think are big girls which is just a JOKE. Skaters like Mao, Alissa, and Yuna are naturally thin, exercise a ton, and probably watch what they eat very carefully - these girls should not be the standard for what is "normal" or "healthy" for a skater to look like, because so much of it just has to do with genetics, and those three are all genetically very blessed on top of all the exercise and (i'm assuming) strict diet.

reese
10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
I think everyone who wants to post in this thread commenting on Rachael's weight or smooshiness (WTF?) should post a full-body picture of themselves for critique by the rest of us. Thanks in advance!

IceAlisa
10-07-2011, 12:26 AM
And everyone who criticizes anyone's skating in any way should post a youtube video of themselves skating, preferably executing the same element, for critique for the rest of us. Thanks in advance!

While I don't really care for either Rachael's body type or the extensive discussions of it, I feel that the "have you looked at yourself in the mirror" argument doesn't work on FSU.

reese
10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
And everyone who criticizes anyone's skating in any way should post a youtube video of themselves skating, preferably executing the same element, for critique for the rest of us. Thanks in advance!

While I don't really care for either Rachael's body type or the extensive discussions of it, I feel that the "have you looked at yourself in the mirror" argument doesn't work on FSU.

I don't think that arguments works well in general, but this discussion is stunning in it's repetitiveness and downright nastiness. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked, honestly.

IceAlisa
10-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't think that arguments works well in general, but this discussion is stunning in it's repetitiveness and downright nastiness. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked, honestly.

I agree that it's repetitive on a Trash Can level but I've seen a lot nastier here on FSU. Also, one is not obligated to visit the thread they find objectionable.

reese
10-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Also, one is not obligated to visit the thread they find objectionable.

:duh: Can't believe I didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

No one dislikes Rachael's skating more than me, but these threads have made me feel genuinely sorry for her. If 1/10th of the crap said on these endlessly repetitive Rachael threads gets back to her in the form of comments from catty rink parents, coaches, judges, whatever... I mean I'm impressed that she hasn't quit the sport and taken up full-time anorexia.

Sasha'sSpins
10-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Why do you two feel the need to repeat your negative opinions of Rachael in this thread ad nauseum. We get it; you only like scrawny skaters like Mirai and Alissa and you hate absolutely everything about Rachael's physique, style and skating and think Rachael should leave skating for good and crawl under a rock.

You don't know what I 'only like. I happen to be a fan of Tonya Harding who was not scrawny. And speaking of scrawny-it is interesting that you use such a negative term for Mirai and Alissa-neither one is 'scrawny'. Most definitions for such a word are gaunt, boney, exceptionally thin, weak, etc. Mirai and Alissa have slim lines and they are strong but they are most definitely not 'scrawny'.

Pot-kettle-black. :rolleyes:

That being said-if you don't like what I or others have to say just put us on ignore. Your problem solved. You're certainly not going to stop people from voicing their opinions. You most certainly do in this, and other threads.

kwanfan1818
10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Honestly, Rachael has some limitations, but I also think the Tom Z team neglected certain aspects of her skating (which I feel incidentally Tom Z does with most of his skaters).
There are coaches, like Frank Carroll and Krylova/Camerlengo, who insist on a complete package, and there are coaches like Zakrajsek, Shpilband, and Mishin who focus on the things that win medals, and if the spins are weak, the choreography is meh, the costume is unflattering, or the toes aren't pointed and the knees extended, they don't seem to care until they think it affects the scores. Until then, why waste time, energy, and money on those things?

As far as her looks go, she has an adorable face and she's petite...anybody who says anything different is either blind or jealous.
I don't think she looks 40 in those photos, but I think you can see her 40-year-old face-to-be in them. JMO.

I've seen Rachael in person... She's not fat, chubby, heavy, bulky, soft, flabby, doughy, or any other of these things.

ETA: She is also not mushy, or round, or soft.
I've seen her in person too, in various forms of street clothes, including jeans. Her butt is by no means big, but it's round, and relatively speaking, it's more civilian-looking than her skating peers whose butts are often barely existent. (I had very much the same body when I headed to college.)

Iceman
10-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Rachael will be winning medals and making academic strides, while a few here will still be
spinning their wheels attempting to degrade and belittle her. She hardly would have achieved what she has thus far if she were as lacking in ability and talent as her detractors here choose to believe.

From that article, it does appear she plans on being at her first gp event. I can't help but admire anyone who is willing to put themselves through her schedule to pursue their goals. I couldn't and even if I could, I don't think I would choose to.