PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

olympic
08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
So, she will be skating with Dillon and Smith primarily, and also working with Tickner and Ponomarenko.

I like in the article that she mentions she needs help with the packaging and artistry. I think she'll be on the right track. Although, I'm a little concerned that she's behind due to time off from her tibia injury

MoreIce
08-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I really like these coaching choices and am now actually excited to see her this season!

sequinsgalore
08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
I hope she adds that 3F+3T and that her 2A+3T becomes fully rotated. I'm still skeptical about the 3Lz-3Lo but I would love for that to happen!

The article says triple lutz-half loop-triple loop, which is 3Lz+3Lo+SEQ (bw: 8.88). I don't think the 3Lz+3Lo is possible for her in competition, even though it was stated, that she would attempt the combination last season.

The 3Lz+3Lo+SEQ seems more possible. Still, I don't think the sequence is a good idea - too much risk, but little gain... she can fit in 7 triples another way.

AxelAnnie
08-19-2011, 11:49 PM
She is skating to Firebird..............Really? Oh man. That music is so nuanced, so compelling. If you don't skate with a level of depth of understanding, feeling, the music, and lay on a level of head ringing, arm shaking.........this could be a nightmare! I thought Joannie Rochette's "Firebird" was so fabulous - her upper body carriage and use of arms.............amazing. . And love that funky Russian guy. I thought his interpretation really brought something superb to the ice.

genevieve
08-19-2011, 11:53 PM
I agree Firebird might be a good choice. She won't be able to do cutesy moves with that music.
Don't give anyone ideas!!! :yikes:

So, she will be skating with Dillon and Smith primarily, and also working with Tickner and Ponomarenko.

I like in the article that she mentions she needs help with the packaging and artistry. I think she'll be on the right track. Although, I'm a little concerned that she's behind due to time off from her tibia injury
I'm hoping that Rachael will use this as a rebuilding year, and not focus on getting to Worlds. If she gets a late start and simply works on artistry and getting back on track, she may not make Worlds (but still might get 4CC), but could be in a great position for next season. This might also be a good pace for her in her first year of college.

Good luck Rachael!

maureenfarone
08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm happy to see Rachael getting input from a variety of coaches. I hope Sergie Ponomarenko can help her with speed, flow across the ice, and better use of the blade. Hope she does view this as a rebuilding year and has a good season!

Jenna
08-20-2011, 12:28 AM
The article says triple lutz-half loop-triple loop, which is 3Lz+3Lo+SEQ (bw: 8.88). I don't think the 3Lz+3Lo is possible for her in competition, even though it was stated, that she would attempt the combination last season.

The 3Lz+3Lo+SEQ seems more possible. Still, I don't think the sequence is a good idea - too much risk, but little gain... she can fit in 7 triples another way.

OK, that seems more feasible.

rfisher
08-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Good luck Rachael. Freshman year at Stanford will be challenging, but she knows what she can handle. She's got a good head on her shoulders. I wish her all the best.

olympic
08-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Despite the downside of Tom Z's packaging, Rachael was able to get a full arsenal of triples, the right edge on the lutz, and more or less able to rotate everything in her time in his camp at Colorado Sprs. So, I think moving forward, these new coaches should help her blossom artistically and perhaps also help her with speed

RumbleFish
08-20-2011, 04:34 AM
I think costuming will play a big factor in success of the firebird program.
It's such an overused music, but depending on how she presents it, it could turn out pretty decent IMO.

Flying Camel
08-20-2011, 04:59 AM
Firebird sounds like another excuse to wear Red.:(

mikemba
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Despite the downside of Tom Z's packaging, Rachael was able to get a full arsenal of triples, the right edge on the lutz, and more or less able to rotate everything in her time in his camp at Colorado Sprs. So, I think moving forward, these new coaches should help her blossom artistically and perhaps also help her with speed

Just a minor point of disagreement: Rachael doesn't have a full arsenal of triples since she does not have a triple axel.

MacMadame
08-20-2011, 09:50 AM

But she looks great in red!

reese
08-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Maybe she'll put some Caydee Denney Firebird red extensions in her hair as well. I can see it now...

Jenny81
08-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Good for Rachael. :)

You're the National Champion.
Don't forget this fact.
You go girl. :encore: