PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

modern_muslimah
09-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Really? :rolleyes: This is new. Usually I see people calling her fat, not decrepit. She looks fine.

I don't think she looks "decrepit" but she does look a bit older than 19 in those pictures. Which is odd because I've never thought that about Rachael before.

I think it's the haircut more than anything else...

Maybe. Although I don't remember thinking she looked older than her age last season.

pinky166
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Without a doubt, nothing cute there. She`s ugly, fat, pedestrian, soccer-momish, has a weird complexion that fits no earthly colour and wears impossible clothes. How does she dare leave the house?

I seriously hope you're kidding....

Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of her new hair, but like she is still definitely a cute girl. And idk how anyone could consider her fat, for some reason skating dresses are not flattering on her, but look at any pictures of her in normal clothes and you will see she's definitely in great shape. Also I remember last year during the Olympics, on the yahoo bios they had all the skaters info listed, and Rachael was listed as being 5'2" and 110 pounds - really people? That's considered fat? In my book someone of that height and weight is very tiny. And in comparison, Mirai, who no one considers fat, was the same weight and just one inch taller at 5'3". So they are basically the same size. And to me, when Rachael had long hair, she looked younger than her age, she could pass for like 15 or so. The short hair makes her look older, but that's just because a lot of older women have the same haircut and a lot of girls her age don't. Period. And I am always amazed by how cute/pretty Rachael looks in pictures of her off the ice, for special events and stuff. She's cute, she's not at all fat, and she cleans up well. Those skimpy dresses aren't flattering on most people, and Rachael just happens to be one of them.

julieann
09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Honestly, having taught a Rachael or two--girls who were sweet, smart and polite and doing everything someone--parents, guidance counselors, pastors (coaches, figure skating officials)-- told them to do...I wonder who Rachael actually is. And I wonder if she knows.

That could be said of any skater that has ever skated.

I think she's cute and looks like every other 19 year old I know.

Jenna
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Seriously? Some of the comments here are simply :rolleyes:

BackOnTheIce
09-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Seriously? Some of the comments here are simply :rolleyes:

No kidding. Are these boards moderated?

While TelevisionWithoutPity drives me crazy with their Gestapo like tactics in terms of moderating, a little bit of that would do well here. :scream:

gkelly
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
While TelevisionWithoutPity drives me crazy with their Gestapo like tactics in terms of moderating, a little bit of that would do well here. :scream:

Except that TelevisionWithoutPity encourages making pitiless fun of the real people who appear on your TV.

MacMadame
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM

It's called sarcasm, pinky.

Sasha'sSpins
09-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't agree they were silly, but they certainly are no worse than
the prevalent looks of angst so many of the ladies do and pass off as "feeling the music". That is when I really can't avoid LMAO. They look constipated.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And we're not talking about the silly expressions others come up with in THEIR programs. We're talking about Rachael's. She looks obsurd. :rolleyes:

Louise
09-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I think if Rachael's SKATING improved over the years it wouldn't be such a bother. As much as I think Czisny's skating is usually meek and unsure, she does somehow get through her programs with a 'brand', for lack of a better word. With Rachael, it's a jump here, an unstretched spin there, and just no fluidity in her skating. I'd like to see her with more speed and fluidity. Ice dancing coach maybe?
As for the aesthetic part, I rewatched her Worlds LP. That dress was actually on the right track, she covered up her arms, and brought the waistline WAY up, giving her a less boxy look. I approve of the dress, and while red might not have been her best color, she was skating to Slaughter on 10th.
I dunno, I like the pwetty pwincesses, but Tonya Harding never really grated on me because I loved her skating: her power and speed, which in person cannot be overexaggerated. She was aMAZing, and even with the ratty ponytail and illusion fabric taking out her entire chest I could see past it. I hated Harding's 94 Oly dress, because it was so not her and didn't even make sense with the music. I'd have messed with everyone and given her a sort of Bette Midler--Ruthless People style just to show that there is a vision albeit not 'conservative'.
But seeing how Rachael is growing out more than up, I am resigned to think her best days are over in skating. It was like Sarah Hughes in 2003 and beyond, her body just wasn't right anymore for the sport.

Sasha'sSpins
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
And it was a good joke. :)

Screw the whole serious, poignant, mature, whatever crap.

We're not in the 1950s and THANK VOIDS we don't have everybody skating in suits, to classical pieces, any more.

I want to see more silly, childish, crazy, inappropriate programs with music that hurts my ears, Gaga dresses made out of balloons Zhiganshina style and stupid over-the-top expressions.

At least such programs are memorable and have some kind of character, unlike the vast majority of "stroking to elevator music" crap that we see in skating.

Well put. :respec:

"It's just all very pedestrian with Rachael". Kurt was being NICE? And poor Tracy Wilson was at her wit's end trying to say something nice and somewhat got a positive out (I think, she was clearly struggling for something nice to say). A former national champ shouldn't be this hard to say something nice about IMO.

I agree. The commentary is downright painful.

For all the talk about Julia Sebstyen's granny hair, Rachael has her beat by a country mile.

My aunt has that same little swirl on one side. Kind of the same haircut actually.

She is 71. :slinkaway

Yikes!

Anyway, I'm VERY interested to see what direction Rachael's new coaches take her in the coming year.

Vagabond
09-30-2011, 12:28 AM
This is all I have to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OuzgIkYgNA#t=1m28s

:eek:

This calls for a palate cleanser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRy8EA7-HfA&feature=player_detailpage#t=105s).

Rainbow
09-30-2011, 09:43 AM

That someone could even think this wasn`t ironic kinda shows the level of discussion here :rofl:

What ticks me off the most is, that you wouldn`t find these kind of vicious comments on any male skater. Where`s the female solidarity here assuming that at least some of the super mean posters are female?

So appearance is important in skating but I give a lot of credit to "normal pretty" girls like Rachael to sport a high self esteem in a sport where you have ethereal and exceptional beauties like Yuna and Alissa walking around in dozens.

toddlj
09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
99.99% of the world cannot compare to beauties like Yuna and Alissa and Kiira.

At the next worlds, perhaps there should be a swimsuit portion SP, then evening gown LP, followed by a personal interview, where the skaters all advocate world peace?

Jammers
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Not to knock Yuna or anything but i've seen her without any makeup and she was rather average looking. Her face is like a canvas so when she gets made up she looks incredible.

RD
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
forget it