PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Louise
09-29-2011, 03:35 AM
the commentary is more interesting than the choreography. it's hard not to laugh at how much they're trying to be nice at her

"It's just all very pedestrian with Rachael". Kurt was being NICE? And poor Tracy Wilson was at her wit's end trying to say something nice and somewhat got a positive out (I think, she was clearly struggling for something nice to say). A former national champ shouldn't be this hard to say something nice about IMO.

Screenie
09-29-2011, 03:53 AM
i was just rewatching her 2008 nationals LP, which i love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9y2L45gxg

leafygreens
09-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Excuse me, but what's that supposed to mean?

I try to keep my comments to the skating. The choreo. in her program last year was awful, but there was nothing wrong with those photos. :rolleyes:

:yikes: means that in those photos, it does not appear that Rachael is "aging" well, and she's only 19(?) ! She looks like an old woman already. What happened? I don't see anything "cute" anywhere.

olifaunt
09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
:yikes: means that in those photos, it does not appear that Rachael is "aging" well, and she's only 19(?) ! She looks like an old woman already. What happened? I don't see anything "cute" anywhere.

Really? :rolleyes: This is new. Usually I see people calling her fat, not decrepit. She looks fine.

RD
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I think it's the haircut more than anything else...

ioana
09-29-2011, 04:29 PM
For all the talk about Julia Sebstyen's granny hair, Rachael has her beat by a country mile.

PDilemma
09-29-2011, 04:32 PM
For all the talk about Julia Sebstyen's granny hair, Rachael has her beat by a country mile.

My aunt has that same little swirl on one side. Kind of the same haircut actually.

She is 71. :slinkaway

AxelAnnie
09-29-2011, 04:41 PM
:rofl::rofl:^^^ROFL

toddlj
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I am so completely bored of all of the discussion about Rachael's appearance. It's just so shallow and petty and annoying to me. I've seen her in person, and she is a very cute girl. By all accounts she is sweet and polite and smart and friendly. If I had a daughter, I'd rather she have all those things than model looks.
She'll never win a beauty pageant or be a Ford model. SO WHAT.

PDilemma
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I am so completely bored of all of the discussion about Rachael's appearance. It's just so shallow and petty and annoying to me. I've seen her in person, and she is a very cute girl. By all accounts she is sweet and polite and smart and friendly. If I had a daughter, I'd rather she have all those things than model looks.
She'll never win a beauty pageant or be a Ford model. SO WHAT.

No one is born with a hair style. Someone did that to her hair. Someone who should apologize.

Honestly, having taught a Rachael or two--girls who were sweet, smart and polite and doing everything someone--parents, guidance counselors, pastors (coaches, figure skating officials)-- told them to do...I wonder who Rachael actually is. And I wonder if she knows.

Rainbow
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM

Without a doubt, nothing cute there. She`s ugly, fat, pedestrian, soccer-momish, has a weird complexion that fits no earthly colour and wears impossible clothes. How does she dare leave the house?

RD
09-29-2011, 05:15 PM
No one is born with a hair style. Someone did that to her hair. Someone who should apologize.

Yes, but unless said person held her at gunpoint or forced her down while chopping her hair off, he/she could only RECOMMEND to her that she do it. The actual decision to go through with it was still hers...

Honestly, having taught a Rachael or two--girls who were sweet, smart and polite and doing everything someone--parents, guidance counselors, pastors (coaches, figure skating officials)-- told them to do...I wonder who Rachael actually is. And I wonder if she knows.

Well then...

CarolineBingley
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, I'm excited to have Rachel training on the Peninsula with Lynn Smith, promoting Nats, and enjoying the area. Excited to see her this season and hope it's a great one for her :)

Angela-Fan
09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Thank you CarolineBingley

kittyjake5
09-29-2011, 05:58 PM

(Bolded by me)

I am sure she is not losing any sleep trying to prove who she is, especially to folks who don't even know her but think that they do.