PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

centerpt1
09-18-2011, 09:02 PM
The US needs skaters who can finish in the top 5 and get those 3 spots back. Neither of which Rachael has shown she can deliver quite frankly.

Wasn't Rachael top 5 at Worlds '09? (#5)

I think the US cares more about "fair" than number of spots. look at the men's team they sent to '11 Worlds. Not a chance of making 3 spots.

Rachael has at least proven she can be top 5.

Mirai's best World placement was #7 in '10. (but she was #4 at Olympics)

Alissa's best Worlds placement was #5.

I, too, wish Rachael hadn't hurt her back. I think it has limited her choreography. (and skating in pain can't be fun either)

RD
09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Yes, Flatt has done top 5 before, but she's been on a downward spiral since then unfortunately. Top 8 was definitely achievable for her this year but we all know what happened of course.

minignome
09-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Rachel seems to be enjoying life in the Bay Area -- she was at the SF Giants game last night. Was shown on the jumbotron in Team USA jacket and "Rachel Flatt 2010 US National Figure Skating National Champion" caption. Got a nice round of applause from the crowd.

Cheylana
09-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, Flatt has done top 5 before, but she's been on a downward spiral since then unfortunately. Top 8 was definitely achievable for her this year but we all know what happened of course.
Rachael made GFP and Worlds last season; she didn't skate well at those events because she was injured. Hardly a downward spiral. Is Mirai on a downward spiral because she didn't make GPF or Worlds last season? I think not. Let's see what happens this season before we write either of these girls off. :)

victoriaheidi
09-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Rachael made GFP and Worlds last season; she didn't skate well at those events because she was injured. Hardly a downward spiral. Is Mirai on a downward spiral because she didn't make GPF or Worlds last season? I think not. Let's see what happens this season before we write either of these girls off. :)

:respec:

RockTheTassel
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm hoping Rachael comes back strong this year. If not with good competition results, at least with performances she can be proud of. She hasn't skated a good long program since the Olympics. I'd like to see her end her career on her terms and on a better note.

Triple Butz
09-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping Rachael comes back strong this year. If not with good competition results, at least with performances she can be proud of. She hasn't skated a good long program since the Olympics. I'd like to see her end her career on her terms and on a better note.

She had several "good" long programs last season at least in terms of results and landed jumps, even if the choreography of that program was....:scream:

NHK, Skate America (won both of those LPs), and 4CC where she was a strong 4th in a very well skated event.

Ziggy
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
She had several "good" long programs last season at least in terms of results and landed jumps, even if the choreography of that program was....:scream:

You might not like it but the choreography was very decent, compared to most Ladiezzz.

Triple Butz
09-28-2011, 08:57 PM
You might not like it but the choreography was very decent, compared to most Ladiezzz.

This is all I have to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OuzgIkYgNA#t=1m28s

Jenna
09-28-2011, 09:02 PM

I am sorry. That is AWFUL. :rofl:

I want Rachael to succeed but that is just :eek:

PDilemma
09-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I am sorry. That is AWFUL. :rofl:

I want Rachael to succeed but that is just :eek:

It is one of the worst programs I can recall in terms of choreography. The greatest skater in the world (whoever you might think that is) could have done it in the best dress ever made and it would have still been horrible choreo. Someone needed to say no to that. :scream:

Ziggy
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM

You prefer skaters doing crossovers for 4 minutes and not even pretending to respond to the music in any way?

I definitely don't.

Jenna
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
You prefer skaters doing crossovers for 4 minutes and not even pretending to respond to the music in any way?

I definitely don't.

I want skaters to respond to the music, but please. The choreography there was silly and inappropriate for a senior level, high ranking international competitor. It honestly seemed like a joke.

Triple Butz
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM

I definitely don't.

Crossovers can be beautiful and can be done in time with the music. You prefer standing in place and making "Uh-Oh!" faces to a gorgeous crossover?

RD
09-28-2011, 09:27 PM
I want skaters to respond to the music, but please. The choreography there was silly and inappropriate for a senior level, high ranking international competitor. It honestly seemed like a joke.

Perhaps it would have been OK for a gala, where you want to play to the crowd, but for a competitive program??