PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt's New Coaches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

orbitz
09-13-2011, 11:35 PM
You are not imagining. Then when she cut it, there was nothing but complaints. She really can't do anything right, according to some... :shuffle:

Well if she had gotten her hair cut "correctly" then there wouldn't be complaints about it :P

RD
09-13-2011, 11:52 PM
"correctly" :rofl: wow, y'all are killing me

Louise
09-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Well if she had gotten her hair cut "correctly" then there wouldn't be complaints about it :P

I tend to have to agree with this. I was guilty of thinking that maybe she'd look better with shorter hair. And then she went to Super Cuts, Cheyenne Mountain division, and well it didn't quite work out. Now I'd just say get extensions, put it in a bun so it's not distracting, and worry about all the rest.

just tuned in
09-14-2011, 01:35 AM
For crying out loud, a simple chin implant is all Rachael needs.:shuffle:

(On Topic: Are Rachael's coaches having a good hair day?)

Jenna
09-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Last I checked, Justin Dillon didn't have any hair. :shuffle:

MacMadame
09-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Oh, come on, he has SOME. :lol:

Anyway, people with OCD do things over and over in a compulsive manner. So someone who has to have all their cans on their shelves in alphabetic order or checks 20x if the stove is off even though intellectually they know they turned it off is exhibiting OCD behavior.

Nothing Rachael has done seems OCD to me. Being able to juggle a lot of work is actually something that is hard with OCD because the compulsive behavior takes up a lot of time. OTOH, Tara Lipinski did sometimes exhibit behavior that might have had OCD roots -- she was famous for doing a move over and over and over even when her coaches would tell her to stop and sometimes she'd have a meltdown during these frenzied practices.

FigureSpins
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I think the poster who said "OCD" really meant "over achiever." Not that there's anything wrong with that...

kwanatic
09-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Every year people complain Rachel needs a makeover, and every year Rachel has one pretty much along the lines of what people suggest. She needed to change her hair color, so she did. People still complained. She needed to change the cut and color of her outfits to be more figure flattering, so she did. People still complained. She needed to ditch the bun and go with a freer hair style, so she did. People still complained.

Somehow I think if she made the changes fans/spectators/random-Joe-Schmoe have been suggesting, she wouldn't be hearing the exact same thing season after season. She's changed things, yes...but that doesn't mean her changes were for the better. IMO think she listened to the wrong people and made the wrong changes. Her hair and costume choices make her look like Frannie McFrumpy...add that to her less than exciting skating and you have a really boring skater.

I'm hoping we'll see some better changes this year. She appears to have gotten some kind of clue to the wonders sleeves will do for an outfit; I mean she did stitch sleeves on her LP dress at worlds (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/lakersgirl712/rachael2-1.jpg). Now if she'll just go to black or deep purple instead of bright reds, bright blues, pinks and retina-searing yellows we'll be getting somewhere...take the top half of this dress (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rachael+flatt+parents&hl=en&sa=X&biw=798&bih=503&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=XwbLsQaq_bZuqM:&imgrefurl=http://www.twistmagazine.com/2010/01/&docid=lckrfQF7OcqHBM&w=4000&h=5336&ei=0qxwTs2BG8-1tgeX1rDsCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=459&vpy=115&dur=885&hovh=259&hovw=194&tx=103&ty=243&page=8&tbnh=119&tbnw=85&start=52&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:52) and style it into a skating dress. It can be done; ask Vera Wang...

gkelly
09-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Somehow I think if she made the changes fans/spectators/random-Joe-Schmoe have been suggesting, she wouldn't be hearing the exact same thing season after season.

Is she hearing it? Does she listen to what fans/spectators/random-Joe-Schmoe has to suggest?

If she listens to them all, how does she know which one to follow? Who's to say that kwanatic's advice is sounder than Mr. Schmoe's advice or vice versa? It's all just personal opinion.

kittyjake5
09-14-2011, 07:06 PM
IMO Rachael's hair looks much better short than long. So much more becoming on her than the puffed bangs ponytail do she used to wear.

Well that is my 2 cents worth.

kwanatic
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Is she hearing it? Does she listen to what fans/spectators/random-Joe-Schmoe has to suggest?

If she listens to them all, how does she know which one to follow? Who's to say that kwanatic's advice is sounder than Mr. Schmoe's advice or vice versa? It's all just personal opinion.

But when most people have the same opinion about something, it tends to add credit to said opinion...I'm just saying:rolleyes:

I don't care what Rachael does. To be honest, her skating does little to nothing for me...but I do think it'd be nice to see a strong competitor like Rachael maximize her potential as a skater and, as sad as it is, that includes getting her packaging together. But she can continue to skate with her Triphoria hair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7oMY6sC7wQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=15s) and primary color dresses all she wants; it ain't gonna hurt me...but I think she could do a lot better.

shawnie21
09-14-2011, 08:36 PM
But when most people have the same opinion about something, it tends to add credit to said opinion...I'm just saying:rolleyes:

I think you totally missed the point the poster was trying to make, but I'm not shocked.:shuffle: In fact, you kinda proved it when you started making specific suggestions. The common theme seems to be 'Change This!' and 'Change That!' Well, there are a million ways to do that and everybody has their own opinion on which way is best. It wouldn't shock me if the real problem with Rachael's look is that she tries to listen to too many people. I often wonder if she actually even likes some of the things she's changed. I remember her saying about the haircut that she doesn't like short hair.

nubka
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM

I don't care what Rachael does. To be honest, her skating does little to nothing for me...but I do think it'd be nice to see a strong competitor like Rachael maximize her potential as a skater and, as sad as it is, that includes getting her packaging together. But she can continue to skate with her Triphoria hair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7oMY6sC7wQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=15s) and primary color dresses all she wants; it ain't gonna hurt me...but I think she could do a lot better.

Maybe she could hire you are her personal style consultant... :D

AxelAnnie
09-14-2011, 10:25 PM
^ Really?

After looking at a few pictures, and re-watching her skating, it seems to me that Rachael could do a lot for herself if she improved her posture and carriage. She is a cute girl. But those shoulders come up.....she has a short neck anyway, and she breaks forward at the waist...almost a slouch. Put that together with unflattering costumes, a lack of musicality (or an abundance of forced expressions), and you have a mess. The kid started off with a great style, verve, and exuberance. I don't know who messed with her....but had she kept on the track she was on when she first appeared on the scene, I think it would be a different story.

She is consistent. And that is what you can say about her skating. Other than that, it is pretty forgettable. And, it is a shame.

Remember when Irina started wearing the longer skirts? It made a huge difference. Yet, Rachel keeps picking styles that are not flattering to her body line. You have what you have to work with, and I don't think she is maximizing it. I can't figure out why......I thought at first it was all some kind of "fresh faced youth" statement, from her parents............kind of you don't need makeup to be beautiful.

I wish she would get some good coaching both with her choreography and style. Then put that together with her consistency...you would have something worth watching. IMO

barbk
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I really agree about Irina. Many of her earlier costumes wee an awful match for her and her style of skating.

I like Rachael's skating, and I'm a big fan of her toughness in competition. I'm looking forward to see how it works out with the new coaches and the start of college in a week or so.

Perhaps skaters don't always (or even usually) consider how something looks on TV. Years ago, Sylvia Fontana wore a nude lace skating dress that really did not look good on TV, but in the arena, with her skin coloring and features it was stunningly gorgeous and had beautiful texture that completely didn't show up on TV.