PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football thread 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BigB08822
11-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Tomorrow is the big game. I seriously get high blood pressure if I think about it for too long. I am going to need a xanax before kick off, for sure! GEAUX TIGERS!

UMBS Go Blue
11-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Hmmm... should I root for BigB's Tigers, or should I root for Bama, since one of my friends teaches there? :sekret:

BigB08822
11-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Hmmm... should I root for BigB's Tigers, or should I root for Bama, since one of my friends teaches there? :sekret:

That depends, are you a jinx? :lol:

BigB08822
11-06-2011, 07:21 AM
All I can say is....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

BigB08822
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Why the lack of posts? Has everyone's favorite teams already taken themselves out of the running?

I figured someone would talk about the scandal at Penn State. Paterno announced he will resign at the end of the season. Too bad it had to end this way after breaking the record. If you don't know what I am talking about then just head over to www.espn.com or www.cnn.com , they both had stories on the main page.

rfisher
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm just waiting 3 weeks until the Hogs meet the Tigers. At Baton Rouge :(

However, my new strategy is to NOT watch the game and only check the score occasionally. It's worked well so far. Sorry, Brian.

Rob
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Why the lack of posts? Has everyone's favorite teams already taken themselves out of the running?

I figured someone would talk about the scandal at Penn State. Paterno announced he will resign at the end of the season. Too bad it had to end this way after breaking the record. If you don't know what I am talking about then just head over to www.espn.com or www.cnn.com , they both had stories on the main page.

My team is long out of the running (Terps), but :eek::scream: :yikes: on the Penn State scandal. OMG.

PDilemma
11-09-2011, 10:04 PM
My team has to play Penn State this weekend. I don't know that I can actually watch. Especially if the PSU Board of Trustees doesn't have the guts to keep Paterno and McQueary off the field and it turns into a sentimental "Paterno's last home game" love fest.

FSfan107
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
What a disgrace that Joe Paterno is insisting on waiting until the end of the season to "retire."

BigB08822
11-09-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm just waiting 3 weeks until the Hogs meet the Tigers. At Baton Rouge :(

However, my new strategy is to NOT watch the game and only check the score occasionally. It's worked well so far. Sorry, Brian.

I am nervous about that game. I remember in 2007 when we lost at home to Arkansas in 3OT. I think we SHOULD beat Arkansas if we do our thing but it is always scary going up against a team who knows how to put up a lot of points.

HeatherC
11-10-2011, 02:27 AM
What a disgrace that Joe Paterno is insisting on waiting until the end of the season to "retire."

I agree. Not that the situations are remotely close but Jim Tressel didn't get the option to 'finish out the year' and then retire over the tOSU stuff, so why does JoePa get that option for something that is absolutely HORRIFIC and mind boggling in how many people didn't say anything? Anyone who kept their mouth shut should be out the door now. The whole situation makes me alternately want to bawl my eyes out and scream obscenities at people. :scream: :fragile: :yikes: :revenge:

And my team isn't out of anything yet but the Buckeyes have to play Penn State next weekend and with it being in Columbus, I can guarantee some obnoxious fans are going to have a field day with that whole situation. I hope they don't because the current football team has nothing to do with it but yeah, this could be bad. :( :fragile:

tracylynn
11-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Paterno was fired.

PDilemma
11-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Paterno was fired.

A friend of mine is a sports reporter that has to go to State College to cover this game Saturday. He just posted on Facebook that he and his colleagues are not sure they want to be in the mess that not-so-Happy Valley is going to be.

HeatherC
11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Paterno was fired.

I literally JUST read this news on my Twitter feed (it happened while I was away from the computer). This story is tragic on so many levels but I can't help shaking my head about how many PSU college students have been rioting in the streets about all this stuff lately. Are they really defending the people at the school who knew about this and yet did little or nothing??! Wow. :yikes: :fragile:

Latest Article: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstate-abuse (They fired the school president too.)

Wyliefan
11-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Of course they are . . . it's football. Nothing on earth matters more, didn't you know? :rolleyes: