PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football thread 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PDilemma
10-23-2011, 04:33 AM
:

:kickass: Congratulations on your undefeated season, and Big 10 championship, Wisconsin! :kickass:

Well, I guess they could [cough longshot cough] lose to Michigan in the B10 Championship game if Robinson is on fire. But no way do they lose a regular season game with the prowess they've shown today, and with that schedule. (The formerly imposing @ Ohio State match-up is suddenly looking like a laugher. I mean, :o OSU was 10 seconds from being shut out!)

Uh...never count your wins before the kickoff....:slinkaway

Beefcake
10-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Meh. I'd might have been :blah: over yet again being quoted for ridicule over fun comments I've made here.

But I just don't care anymore. This is a sad place for me now, as it's our first weekend without CaptCrunch's preview. :(

Catherine M
10-23-2011, 03:28 PM

But I just don't care anymore. This is a sad place for me now, as it's our first weekend without CaptCrunch's preview. :(

I know, it isn't the same but Just think how happy CaptCrunch would have been when his beloved Spartans won on a Hail Mary pass at the end of the game. I have to think he had a hand in that someway!

BigB08822
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Meh. I'd might have been :blah: over yet again being quoted for ridicule over fun comments I've made here.

I was thinking the same thing. :(

rfisher
10-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. :(

Me too.

BigB08822
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
The matchup on Nov 5th between LSU and Bama will be the first ever regular season 1-2 matchup between two SEC schools.

HeatherC
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I know, it isn't the same but Just think how happy CaptCrunch would have been when his beloved Spartans won on a Hail Mary pass at the end of the game. I have to think he had a hand in that someway!

I agree. I think he's smiling somewhere knowing his Spartans did such an incredible thing last night and I smiled thinking about that too. Good for them. :)

It is kind of sad to come here now knowing he's gone. I didn't always agree with his predictions (Go Bucks for beating ILL last week!) but I appreciated the thought and passion he always put into them. He's missed. :(

redonthehead
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
The matchup on Nov 5th between LSU and Bama will be the first ever regular season 1-2 matchup between two SEC schools.

Normally I would say "Go LSU" but after yesterday and how the fans were and the band playing Bama's fight song that's just too cocky, rude, and so wrong to me...yeah it's gonna be Roll Tide Roll!! (though I'll deny to my death to my family/friends that I just typed that! Lol)

Btw--War Eagle!! We might be having a difficult year, except for finally getting cleared with all the Cam Newton stuff, after having an awesome one last year but we'll be back and I still love my AU tigers :)

OlieRow
10-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Clemson into the BCS top 5 for the first time ever! Deep down I know it's too good to be true, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts...

CaptCrunch :(

Theatregirl1122
10-24-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm thrilled that my Orange CRUSHED WVU on national TV on Friday night. This is probably the biggest win for SU since I started following football. What a night!

Fridge_Break
10-24-2011, 03:40 AM

I was at the game, and that catch happened right in front of where I was sitting... never have been to a football game that was as magical and amazing as that one last night. And never have been to one where the entire crowd stayed until the final play... and when the final ruling was in, the celebration was simply amazing! I picked the perfect game to fly in for, it was simply spectacular! :) Love my Spartans!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBTSuiTheU

numbers123
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I was at the game, and that catch happened right in front of where I was sitting... never have been to a football game that was as magical and amazing as that one last night. And never have been to one where the entire crowd stayed until the final play... and when the final ruling was in, the celebration was simply amazing! I picked the perfect game to fly in for, it was simply spectacular! :) Love my Spartans!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBTSuiTheU
That was definitely a magic play.
Like others, I didn't agree with Capt Crunch's football analysis, but they were interesting to read. I hope that he was smiling about some of those upsets this last weekend.

HeatherC
10-30-2011, 03:42 AM
WOOT!!!! My Buckeyes upset Wisconsin!!!!!! :biggrinbo The last few minutes of the game were insane but I'm so proud the guys never gave up, even though they probably gave most of their fan base a stroke tonight, LOL :lol:

GO BUCKS!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

jeffisjeff
10-30-2011, 04:15 AM
We were cheering for the other team, but got to agree it was insane. Now watching Stanford-USC. :watch:

PDilemma
10-30-2011, 03:21 PM
WOOT!!!! My Buckeyes upset Wisconsin!!!!!! :biggrinbo The last few minutes of the game were insane but I'm so proud the guys never gave up, even though they probably gave most of their fan base a stroke tonight, LOL :lol:

GO BUCKS!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I had a hunch that Wisconsin shouldn't be looking past either MSU or the Buckeyes. (Really, I did...go back a couple of pages!). Good for the Buckeyes!

The Big Ten championship doesn't look like a certainty for anyone at this point.