PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football thread 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

BigB08822
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
redonthehead, even if LSU won, Bama fans would think they really won but they just beat themselves and would find some newspaper that calls them the champs and they would claim another false NT. Bama fans are the worst in the country and that has become very apparent this year from the message boards I post on. The Bama players are amazing, though, and Saban is clearly a great coach.

rfisher
01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
These are words I rarely (if ever) say, but I must say them now:

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Must go take shower and then go hug my Hog hat...

:lol: We had ours out also. That title could have been ours. :wuzrobbed

Rob
01-10-2012, 07:19 PM
My brothers were here till 12/28 watching non-stop football. I got so tired of the whogivesacrap.com 2000 Flushes Bowls that I didn't watch a minute of any of the BCS Bowls.

My brother sent me a fetching Beef O'Brady Bowl hat after he got home.

PDilemma
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I got so tired of the whogivesacrap.com 2000 Flushes Bowls that I didn't watch a minute of any of the BCS Bowls.

I assume that's why ratings were down this year. And spreading them out over forever and three more days couldn't have helped. Holidays are long over and everyone is back to work and school.

DarrellH
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
The game was boring, unless you were a Bama fan, or a fan of incredible defensive shows. Bama's defense put on a clinic. They were just a couple of plays short of perfect.

Vash01
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I was disappointed that the game was so one sided. I felt sorry for LSU. They did not look anything like the #1 team in the country; Alabama did. For the zillionth time, it's been proven again that the rankings mean nothing, and only a playoff system can make the national championship a real championship, but I am afraid this is never going to change.Now they are saying having playoff games would hurt the regular season games. They just don't want to spend time and efforts to come up with a system that would work.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Maybe Bowls are just huge money makers for them to get rid of it. Let's be honest here, college football is a huge cash cow for many, especially for the universities.

redonthehead
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM
redonthehead, even if LSU won, Bama fans would think they really won but they just beat themselves and would find some newspaper that calls them the champs and they would claim another false NT. Bama fans are the worst in the country and that has become very apparent this year from the message boards I post on. The Bama players are amazing, though, and Saban is clearly a great coach.

Oh I live in the state and I'm an Auburn fan. I know about Bama fans believe me including the 2 I live with! Most of them on my fb can't even enjoy their win without bashing AU(what do we have to do with it??? seriously! enjoy your year and leave us out of it!) and LSU. If they had lost, I could have at least given them H for the next 365 days! Lol

BigB08822
01-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Don't worry. We will embarrass them next year and get our revenge in Tiger Stadium. We will have a QB worthy of the name and almost all of our defense returning. If our QB doesn't have any hiccups (which will be totally acceptable, being his first year starting) then we will be a way stronger team then we were this year and that should scare the crap out of everyone we play.

Vash01
01-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Maybe Bowls are just huge money makers for them to get rid of it. Let's be honest here, college football is a huge cash cow for many, especially for the universities.

They can still have the bowl games and the money. It may even be possible for them to make more money than they are already making, depending on what solution they come up with, but they just want the status quo. It's bad for the fans. Unless the TV ratings go down (why haven't they?) I don't see this changing. BTW college football is a big cash cow only for the privileged schools who have the money to attract top players.

BigB08822
01-11-2012, 05:11 AM
The ratings for the BCS title game was the lowest it has been in years. The other really low ratings games also included a team that did not win their Conference. The fans clearly do not approve of teams getting to the title game without winning their conference. I still think the two best teams played so the BCS did its job but it would be much better to have a +1 in place, IMO.

DarrellH
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
The ratings for the BCS title game was the lowest it has been in years. The other really low ratings games also included a team that did not win their Conference. The fans clearly do not approve of teams getting to the title game without winning their conference. I still think the two best teams played so the BCS did its job but it would be much better to have a +1 in place, IMO.

Taking the bowl games off the networks, and putting them on cable, hurt the ratings.

BigB08822
01-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Taking the bowl games off the networks, and putting them on cable, hurt the ratings.

Shhhh, I like my reasoning better. :P

Rob
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Interesting WPOst article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/bcs-championship-ratings-decline-may-spur-welcome-changes/2012/01/11/gIQAzflhqP_story.html

DarrellH
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Shhhh, I like my reasoning better. :P

LOL! I also think having bowl games with teams posting a .500 record hurts their importance.