PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football thread 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

alexikeguchi
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to say, GO POKES!

Vash01
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I won't pretend to understand why LSU has to play a team that they beat at their home. But I'm in Big 12 (or whatever we are) country and would have like to see OK State get a shot. I still would like to see play-offs. And this bowl system: After watching HBO's Sports Magazine show how much of a rip-off those games can be for the schools involved I wonder why people aren't screaming for a change.

People HAVE been screaming for a change for years now, but the schools that have all the power don't want to change the system.

Theatregirl1122
01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
GO BLUE! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: I think I scared the neighbors with my screaming.

Grannyfan
01-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Congratulations to the Arkansas Razorbacks, Cotton Bowl Champions! Woooooooo Pig Soooiiiiieeee!!!!

rfisher
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Whooooooooo PIG :cheer2: And Jerry called the Hawgs in Cowboy Stadium. I just hope the pros don't lure too many away before Bobby Petrino gets a national championship.

Catherine M
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
So ready for this LSU/Bama game to be over with!!

Wish I could go to the game but didn't have an extra $1500 hanging around to get a decent seat so I'll be watching from the comfort of a friend's house, hoping for the best for the Tigers!!

Geaux Tigers!!

Matryeshka
01-10-2012, 01:35 AM
GEAUX TIGERS! Roll over the tide! TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT!

ETA: I am an LSU graduate, so of course, I always root for LSU, usually in a distant kind of way. As in, I watch five minutes of the game and then watch something involving rich people with perfect hair. But I *REALLY* want us to beat Bama, so I have all my LSU finery on. I don't even have anything against Bama...it's Nick Saban. I want Saban to LOSE. If Saban was relegated to coaching lacrosse at Boise Community College, I would want him to LOSE.

Yes, it's irrational. I don't care. :P (Why, yes, I do have the urge to start a thread in the trash can on all the horrible things that should happen to Saban.)

rfisher
01-10-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm torn. If Arkansas had beaten either team, we'd be playing for that title. :wuzrobbed

kappa_1
01-10-2012, 02:04 AM
So ready for this LSU/Bama game to be over with!!

Wish I could go to the game but didn't have an extra $1500 hanging around to get a decent seat so I'll be watching from the comfort of a friend's house, hoping for the best for the Tigers!!

Geaux Tigers!!

Oh man, I feel ya! Heading out to the gay bars in the French Quarter fruit loop in a little bit for this rare-ish occurrence. The gays here are some vicoius football fans quite contrary to the stereotypes. I'd normally shun this kind of hype but the energy level in this City is infectious.

Matryeshka
01-10-2012, 02:32 AM
OMG, you're not kidding, kappa_1. I was driving on Charles de Gaulle, and there is a tremendous amount of construction work. This little yellow VW bug had those car flags for Alabama, and a construction worker stopped the bug, and he stuck his hands in his ears and his tongue out. It was :rofl:

centerstage01
01-10-2012, 04:03 AM
These are words I rarely (if ever) say, but I must say them now:

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Must go take shower and then go hug my Hog hat...

jenny12
01-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Congrats to Alabama, but wish it was a more interesting game.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-10-2012, 05:42 AM
I know nothing about college football, but was LSU the first team ever to not score at a national championship game? If so, then at least they can say they broke some sort of record.

Man, they stunk up the Dome tonight. It's like they forgot how to play football. The most entertaining part was seeing all the Facebook statuses getting funnier and funnier (I'm a New Orleanean so my friends were mostly LSU-supporters).

BigB08822
01-10-2012, 06:42 AM
That was a joke. Bama deserves all the recognition in the World. They played a perfect game on defense. LSU actually kept it very close, if they had any kind of offense this game could have been a classic with it going to the very last play again. I would love to know what kind of information Jefferson is blackmailing Miles with. Why he played the entire game is beyond my understanding. Lee led LSU to an 8-0 start which included some of our toughest games of the season on the road (Oregon and WVU) and he makes 2 big mistakes against Bama and never plays again (except to kneel the ball at the end of a game). Jefferson is getting completely KILLED by Bama's defense and making horrible decisions and he never gets taken out, not even for a few plays to see if Lee can throw the ball with any success. In the end, Miles must take a huge part of the blame. He was out coached today, plain and simple.

redonthehead
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Well my guys are happy and it's pretty neat that once again the crystal ball/national title is in the state of Alabama. But I will say that I sure wish that LSU would have beat Bama last night. Bama fans have an attitude like no other team's fans and I wanted a few of them knocked down. Oh well! Just another title for them to live in the past with and now they'll shut up until August. Such fair weather fans because with them it's all about the football.

Me I say: Bring on some AU gymnastics! :)