PDA

View Full Version : Has Emily S found a partner?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

OrioleBeagle
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
I think Emily would look good with Keiffer Hubbell. They come from the "same school" so to speak. They both have a Russian-American style!

~tapdancer~
08-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree that Emily would look good as well with Keiffer. To me, Keiffer and Todd G are the closest to her level and she would probably have a successful partnership with either one. There's still the question of whether Keiffer is physically able to continue, right? I think she would look good with Colin B, too, but I feel like he would need to do some work to be equal to her. She could certainly bring him up, though.

Let's just hope that a new partnership announcement is forthcoming. :)

Marroncream
08-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Thank you Gramps! I'm so happy that we can see Emily in competitions again soon! :)
I, too, suspected it could be Todd Gilles. I read his twitter about going back training, and first I thought his partner would be the former partner of his sister's current partner, but that would be a little awkward.

OrioleBeagle
08-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Thank you Gramps! I'm so happy that we can see Emily in competitions again soon! :)
I, too, suspected it could be Todd Gilles. I read his twitter about going back training, and first I thought his partner would be the former partner of his sister's current partner, but that would be a little awkward.

I love watching the videos on Todds' YouTube site! If she chooses Todd, perhaps we can see more of his fun videos (like this one he did at DSC) http://youtu.be/8-bSdSeQs38
and these http://youtu.be/J2oXj-DqSWs
http://youtu.be/74y_RlpAQps
and this one he filmed with Vaughn Chipeur in Japan http://youtu.be/WWwop26saOk

Allen
08-21-2011, 11:43 PM
I saw Todd dancing with Trina Pratt at 2004 Nationals and I LOVED them. I still love their free program from that year very much. I hadn't really thought about Emily and Todd skating together, but I think it could be a good pairing. I think she and Colin Brubaker would look really good on the ice.

Ziggy
08-22-2011, 12:02 AM
I loved Todd and Trina but hasn't he been away from skating for a very long time now?

Impromptu
08-22-2011, 12:13 AM
I loved Todd and Trina but hasn't he been away from skating for a very long time now?

A year and a half, maybe? He and Jane Summersett competed at Nationals in 2010, I think... I'm not sure he every officially retired or not, but it would be really cool if he Favre's his way into competing again. I've liked his skating with both Pratt and Summersett - he seems to be a very strong partner... probably the best of all the available US males (if he decided to compete again).

Allen
08-22-2011, 12:15 AM

He skated with Jane Summerset through from 2007-2010, so he's really only had a little over a year off.

However, I worry slightly because the international judges never seemed that fond of either pairing he was involved in.

kirkbiggestfan
08-22-2011, 12:15 AM
He competed at 4 continents in the olympic year in January 2010. The top teams obviously skipped that event.

Ziggy
08-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Ah yes, I totally forgot about that pairing.

Well whoever it is, they better release that US press release QUICK because it's extremely cruel to be keeping us on the edge like this. :drama:

Sparks
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I *think* it may be Todd. I wish them both the best!

aemeraldrainc
08-22-2011, 07:10 PM
So I guess we have to keep checking the usfsa website for the press release?
That's where it would be announced first, I suppose?

galaxygirl
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
So I guess we have to keep checking the usfsa website for the press release?
That's where it would be announced first, I suppose?

I'm hoping she tweets the announcement. Twitter and here are the easiest places for me to check on my phone.

Sylvia
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
It's possible that IceNetwork may have something up first.

Request: Could a new thread be started in GSD when the official announcement is made?

victoriaheidi
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
It's possible that IceNetwork may have something up first.

Request: Could a new thread be started in GSD when the official announcement is made?

I've noticed that IceNetwork usually beats USFS.

I personally would love it if someone started a new thread when an *official* pairing is announced and put Emily's name in the title! The one about the "new North American team" totally threw me the other day! :P