PDA

View Full Version : Has Emily S found a partner?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Jenna
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
To add fuel to the :EVILLE:

More tweets :D

Sitting back here in my bedroom on a Wednesday afternoon has me restless again. I'm ready to get going! When will life just be set?

(but then again, I should know by now that life is never set, but rather will throw you curve balls when you least expect it)...c'est la vie

Keep them coming, Emily! Exercise that freedom of expression, girl! :P

Cheylana
08-17-2011, 10:16 PM
:yawn: Wake me up when Emily announces a new partnership!

Jammers
08-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Twitter is about the most useless thing man has ever invented. We have become so narcissistic that we think everyone lives to see what we are doing 24/7 no matter how trivial.

Ziggy
08-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Twitter is about the most useless thing man has ever invented. We have become so narcissistic that we think everyone lives to see what we are doing 24/7 no matter how trivial.

You win the thread.

And same goes for Facebook (hence vast majority of my friends removed from my News Feed because no, I don't care that you just made yourself some coffee).

dinakt
08-18-2011, 12:09 AM
You win the thread.

And same goes for Facebook (hence vast majority of my friends removed from my News Feed because no, I don't care that you just made yourself some coffee).

LOL. That's the reason my husband hates Facebook. He is rather indignant that he does not need to know what so-and-so ate for breakfast.
But perhaps the Internet became such a vast ocean of trivia, that a better policy might be- "If you don't want to know, don't read".

Jenna
08-18-2011, 12:30 AM
LOL. That's the reason my husband hates Facebook. He is rather indignant that he does not need to know what so-and-so ate for breakfast.
But perhaps the Internet became such a vast ocean of trivia, that a better policy might be- "If you don't want to know, don't read".

Bingo. It's there for those who want it. The others aren't forced to read.

hlp728
08-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Hoping good news is coming from Emily regarding her skating.

As far and twitter/facebook, I happen to like it because you communicate quite instantly with athletes, actors, musicians, etc. and for me it's pretty awesome when they reply. Via facebook, I have sent messages to skaters and gotten replies which was beyond cool. Yes, there are those mundane twitter/facebook writers, but then there are some interesting, funny ones too.

BigBadBob
08-18-2011, 01:40 AM
McMadame's being grumpy! ;-)

oubik
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Decisions between K Hubbell, C Brubaker, N Brown, B Richaud or L Rumi?
Or decisions between blue or pink toilet paper?
We wanna know!

Brown is already occupied ;)

Sylvia
08-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Well, not everyone uses Twitter for a "narcissistic" purpose. For example, my main use of Twitter is to highlight specific club or qualifying competition results and/or lesser-known skater info/news.

Back to Emily... I wish her all the best in finding a suitable partner, but wouldn't want to see her rush into a new partnership just for the sake of competing this season.

danceronice
08-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Well, not everyone uses Twitter for a "narcissistic" purpose. For example, my main use of Twitter is to highlight specific club or qualifying competition results and/or lesser-known skater info/news.

I just use Twitter to promote my etsy...Facebook for the free games. ;)

When does Emily have to have a parter if they're going to compete this year? And really, we're relying on Twitter? Don't we have any :sekret: types around here who can spy for us? ;)

kirkbiggestfan
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM

A career in potery or a new skating partner? Can't really track who he is skating with; it changes almost every year.

rfisher
08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
:yawn: Wake me up when Emily announces a new partnership!

This.

Sylvia
08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
When does Emily have to have a parter if they're going to compete this year?
The registration deadline for all 2012 US Nationals qualifying competitions (singles skaters start at Regionals in October, pairs/dance start at Sectionals in November) is September 1, 2011.

sykr
08-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Hmmm...does it mean Mysliveckova found new partner ? :)