PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantics at Chelsea Piers

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Garden Kitty
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Good luck, Jozet, to you and your daughter!

TDsk8
09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll be tweeting PbP for the top Sr. Ladies, Sr. & Jr. Men ~ on Facebook & Twitter = TimDavid_Sk8 :cold:

olympic
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll be tweeting PbP for the top Sr. Ladies, Sr. & Jr. Men ~ on Facebook & Twitter = TimDavid_Sk8 :cold:

Great! Interested to see what Ross Miner's programs look like ...

shan
09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
It looks like a great Sr pairs competition. :watch: for reports!!

Jozet, good luck to your daughter. I hope she has a great competition and that you meet some fellow FSUers! :cheer2:

Maximillian
09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
I will be in NYC this weekend. Think I'm going to check out the ladies SP on Friday.

Jeschke
09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Ross Miner, yes!!!:rollin:

paskatefan
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll be at both Ardmore and Mid Atlantics.

My daughter (M. Plank) is skating Juvenile.

I know I'm not a regular here (yet :) ), but if anyone is at either competition and wants to give a nervous mom a sympathetic nod, I'd be open.

Is there an FSU sticker or badge or something that you all wear to find each other at events?

Or do I just don my trench coat, hat and dark glasses? :sekret:

Oh, I wish I could go to Mid-Atlantics, given the roster, but I'm a bit far. Maybe next year, I'll plan a trip to see friends around it. ;) Good luck to your daughter, and to all the others competing!

Fumie = WOW :) I'm so there :hat1:

Ross Miner, yes!!!:rollin:

Good luck to your daughter, Jozet!

Ross and Fumie! :encore: Wish we could be there! :(

Frau Muller
09-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Middle Atlantics is the annual (non-qualifying) competition of the Skating Club of New York. US Regionals are in October (North Atlantics, South Atlantics, and New England are the 3 regionals in the Eastern section).

I've always found it a little deceptive to call it "Mid Atlantics," as if it were somehow on par with the North and South Atlantics. ("I am the three-time champion of the Middle Atlantic!" LOL!) The USFSA should have asked the club to have changed the name of the competition long ago. People are still making the mistake and I can't blame them.

Happy to read that "Japanese Granny" is still around! She must really love the sport and/or have Deep Pockets.

Sylvia
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
This will be SCNY's 86th Annual Middle Atlantic Championships.

From: http://www.thescny.org/content/skating-club-new-york

Founded in 1863, The Skating Club of New York is the second oldest figure skating club in the United States.
The Skating Club of Boston, the Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society, and the Skating Club of New York became founding members of the United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA). Many of the Association's original officers were from New York and the meetings were typically held in the homes of Skating Club of New York members. The USFSA quickly established a National Championships based on The Skating Club of New York's Middle Atlantic Figure Skating Championships.

Jozet
09-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks all!

I just had a miserable week and I'm looking forward to a weekend trip to NYC. Skating daughter is pumped up, but it's always a nail-biter as to what she'll do on the ice.

She's skating Saturday around 3:00. I'll print up a little FSU sticker and wear it on my lapel!

Some FSU gloves or blade rag for the swag bag would be good next year. ;)

emason
09-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks all!

I just had a miserable week and I'm looking forward to a weekend trip to NYC. Skating daughter is pumped up, but it's always a nail-biter as to what she'll do on the ice.

She's skating Saturday around 3:00. I'll print up a little FSU sticker and wear it on my lapel!

Some FSU gloves or blade rag for the swag bag would be good next year. ;)

Well, I do cross stitch and needlepoint. Maybe it's time to stitch up a badge.

TDsk8
09-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Elene Glebova from Estonia, 2lutz, 3T/3T, 2Ax.... MIDS NYC

TDsk8
09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
No Fumie Suguri :-( withdrew

AznSkateFan
09-17-2011, 02:22 AM
No Fumie Suguri :-( withdrew

Aw shucks. :(

TDsk8
09-18-2011, 01:00 AM