PDA

View Full Version : An Evening With Champions-October 15th and 16th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Sylvia
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I'd prefer if my links stay only on FSU, but you can link to my post.
Understood! IF I tweet, it will be this direct link to your post with the video links: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3323587&postcount=112

Thanks very much! :)

100yen
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Thank you so much for all the videos, SaSherka!! :D

I hope you can get your Shibutanis video put together soon ^^ I am very excited to see them!

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like you just updated! Thank you!

OrioleBeagle
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Any requests for videos? I'll be at the show today. I'm definitely taking videos of all the senior ice dancers and Donlan/Speroff.

Thank you!

OrioleBeagle
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I ust uploaded Donlan/Speroff (see above).

Someone else has already uploaded Lichtman/Copely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiADSc128E
and Baiul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuUT5cS2B_U

Bless you!

smurfy
10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Just got home from the Sunday afternoon show. Enjoyed it. I have been going to most of the shows the last 9 years, and this was the most attended one. What was cool was lots of kids, including boys. Usually it is girls at skating events, but seemed like even number of boys, lots of families.
I didn't take any notes. Some of my favs...
Blake Rosenthal - enjoyed her, lovely presence, pretty dress.
Pairs - all were really good, entertaining, enjoyable
Marissa Castelli and Simon S - after their headbanger, Paul asked first Marissa about it, and she said she trusts Simon, and then Paul asked Simon - his response 'I close my eyes and hope for the best' hee hee
Gretchen & Andrew - loved them
Protopopovs - just lovely to see them skate, they are in great shape for their age
Oksana - not bad. She did one double (or an axel?), and relieved she did not seem to react suprised when she landed it.
Shaun Sawyer was great - what an entertainer he is!
Braden Overett - amusing Carmen routine, fun
Jason Wong - great - love him. When Paul introduced him, he mentioned he was coaching and did not say he was still competing. He has such a presence on the ice.
Shibutanis - just beautiful, they just float on ice
Christina Gao - first time seeing her in person, very long legged, so much potential there.
Rachel - yes, not as much flapping, looked good.
YuNa - lovely, lots of posing/flirting type moves, but very lovely
Audience was good, very enthusiastic.
Hope lots of the people come back in future years!

shan
10-17-2011, 12:24 AM
From the videos I've seen, it sounds like the crowd was very enthusiastic for each skater.

TDsk8
10-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Oksana did a 2T :-)

TDsk8
10-17-2011, 12:37 AM
I will post more pictures and videos :-) little by little

Bonita
10-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Two skating pros I ran into today just went on and on about Yu Na's program and they didn't like it. I never like those kind of programs, in general, from anyone, but I haven't watched it yet. Dance coach said Rachel was extremely improved (and dance coach is super fussy about bad skating).

RumbleFish
10-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Two skating pros I ran into today just went on and on about Yu Na's program and they didn't like it. I never like those kind of programs, in general, from anyone, but I haven't watched it yet.

No surprises here. :lol: at Okasana Baiul out-jumping her with a 2T.

os168
10-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Oksana Baiul's program was an all you can eat Asian Chop Suey with 98% MSG ... It started it off as Japanese Kimono with pink fans for about 40 seconds, then she remove her robe to reveal: A Golden foil outfit with red ribbons crisscross to the middle performing to Chinese Mandarin melodramatic song sang very softly for the rest of the program. Next moment she turned up in Korean Hanbok at the Cast photo shoot while everyone else dressed normally.

She claimed at her interview today she does it all for the Japanese Tsunami tribute. Hmm.... definitely the surprise of the evening with champions for me!

Bonita
10-17-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm hoping to see a Youtube of Oksana's program just because I haven't seen her skate live, on TV or even Youtube in years. Hoping she's outgrown the drama and is doing what she loves, she was a truly fine skater before all the angst. A double toe for me personally would be huge, LOL, my best jump is a lutz, so sounds like she's still got something going on.

The Protopopovs I would have loved to see - I heard he looked tenative, but I never thought he 'd do a show again after last year, so kudos. I swear she is ageless.

Still kicking myself for not getting tickets before they sold out....I saw some on Craiglist that were actually $5 off and good seats, but I was paranoid about forgeries. I heard students got tickets super cheap and were selling them full price, so I'm assuming they were legit.

Bright Arena is so intimate and wonderful. For anyone who, unlike me, doesn't see the area's top skaters on a regular basisg, this show (and Ice Chips) are just so great. I'm looking forward to seeing Rachel this season on Universal Sports, which finally came to DirectTV (at great expense per month, LOL, but I caved).

Goal for tomorrow is to watch some of this on line on lunch during work, since today was massively packed with yoga, skating, grocery shopping and cooking.

Bonita
10-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Oksana Baiul's program was an all you can eat Asian Chop Suey with 98% MSG ... It started it off as Japanese Kimono with pink fans for about 40 seconds, then she remove her robe to reveal: A Golden foil outfit with red star in the middle (!!!!) performing to Chinese Mandarin melodramatic song sang very softly for the rest of the program. Next moment she turned up in Korean Hanbok at the Cast photo shoot while everyone else dressed normally.

She claimed at her interview today she does it all for the Japanese Tsunami tribute. Hmm.... definitely the surprise of the evening with champions for me!

OMG, you must have posted this as I was typing...Yikes. Maybe well-intentioned but sounds bizzare.

barbk
10-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Thank you, SaSherka -- great videos! Much appreciated.

os168
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm hoping to see a Youtube of Oksana's program just because I haven't seen her skate live, on TV or even Youtube in years. Hoping she's outgrown the drama and is doing what she loves, she was a truly fine skater before all the angst. A double toe for me personally would be huge, LOL, my best jump is a lutz, so sounds like she's still got something going on.

The Protopopovs I would have loved to see - I heard he looked tenative, but I never thought he 'd do a show again after last year, so kudos. I swear she is ageless.

Still kicking myself for not getting tickets before they sold out....I saw some on Craiglist that were actually $5 off and good seats, but I was paranoid about forgeries. I heard students got tickets super cheap and were selling them full price, so I'm assuming they were legit.

Bright Arena is so intimate and wonderful. For anyone who, unlike me, doesn't see the area's top skaters on a regular basisg, this show (and Ice Chips) are just so great. I'm looking forward to seeing Rachel this season on Universal Sports, which finally came to DirectTV (at great expense per month, LOL, but I caved).

Goal for tomorrow is to watch some of this on line on lunch during work, since today was massively packed with yoga, skating, grocery shopping and cooking.

You so should have turned up today. There were still standing room tickets and actually some empty seats at the upper levels.

Rachel did well today, really calmed down with the crazy arms and I want a hair commercial hair tossing movements. I thought it was her best version of EOE so far, she was more at ease. About time too. I can't help but think she probably wanted this opportunity to redeem herself (to herself and others) after all the hoopla last season therefore chose to do this competition program again, and imho she has.