PDA

View Full Version : An Evening With Champions-October 15th and 16th

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

snoopysnake
08-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Heh, sorry, but no thank you. No offense, but I would rather watch a 16-year old Krystal in mini-skirt perform to Carmen than watch a skater who performed in the 1960's (I just looked them up and Mr. Protopopov is now 79 years old!!).

If they can still skate though, that is absolutely awesome :)

Yes, especially given that he had a stroke a few years ago. The Protopopovs are amazing and their dedication to EWC and the Jimmy Fund is truly inspiring.

Jenny81
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Yuna in ???? :eek:
That's amazing.

It's a charity show. (even not in Korea)
This may not be a huge ice show.
For all that, she replied that she would be happy to accept their invitation
What a good girl she is!! :respec::respec::respec:

Stormy
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I haven't been to EWC in years, but I actually might go this time. I'm no YunaBot but seeing her live might be cool.

RD
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, Yuna on the east coast? Like the above poster, I'm not an uber of hers but it actually got me investigating the logistics of making the trek up there...I probably will end up passing on it (air is quite costly and the train is a LONG ride), but it's a nice thought...and it might actually be doable too.

Lookingood
08-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Good news! from where i live it will take about 2 hours driving! not bad. and also i heard ticket price is really chip ($25 for adult) but not too sure.

oakl0008
08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
So awesome that the Protopopovs are still skating. What an inspiration!

So Yuna, the Protopopovs AND Shawn Sawyer? Dang I wish I was a Harvard student! :D

I hope someone will film it. Hope Sawyer performs Alice in Wonderland again!

giselle23
08-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Heh, sorry, but no thank you. No offense, but I would rather watch a 16-year old Krystal in mini-skirt perform to Carmen than watch a skater who performed in the 1960's (I just looked them up and Mr. Protopopov is now 79 years old!!).

If they can still skate though, that is absolutely awesome :)

I would love to see them. They are figure skating legends--and I'm sure they can still skate.

feraina
08-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Oh, my God, what an awesome lineup! :kickass:
Wish I was still a student in Cambridge and had access to free tickets. :P

Garden Kitty
08-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Once when I was in Lake Placid I looked in the older rink and saw the Protopopovs practicing. I was thrilled to watch them working on the ice, and shortly someone else came in and made some comment to the effect of "wow, they skate well for old folks". When I mentioned they were 2 time Olympic champions, the woman laughed at herself and said "well, I guess that explains it". :lol:

LilJen
08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
From 2005: Protopopovs, Evening with Champions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rbf3lURTrw) They both look FABULOUS.

emilieh
08-19-2011, 07:04 AM
What a great line-up! Is this show ever still broadcast on PBS, or even a local channel in MA?

jatale
08-19-2011, 05:02 PM
From the FAQS - EWC site (http://www.aneveningwithchampions.org/faqs):

When and where will the show be broadcast on television?

As of 2008, the show is no longer being broadcast on television, but DVDs of the show will be available for purchase.

l'etoile
08-19-2011, 09:30 PM
From the FAQS - EWC site (http://www.aneveningwithchampions.org/faqs):

That's a great news! I wonder where one can purchase the dvds for even prior shows? Would they be available on amazon?

skatesindreams
08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I've never seen them offered there.
If you contact the organizers; using the link at the site, they might be able to help.

sk9tingfan
08-19-2011, 11:37 PM
That's a great news! I wonder where one can purchase the dvds for even prior shows? Would they be available on amazon?

I would go out to Twitter,follow An Evening with Champions and pose your question. They usually provide information after the show as to how you would purchase them. Perhaps they have copies of previous years available. They will answer you. Or you can go out to their website which also has a contact option.