PDA

View Full Version : What is Anton Sikharulidze doing these days?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Vash01
08-15-2011, 04:36 AM
My favorite pairs skater Anton Sikharulidze seems to have disappeared. What is he doing these days? Last year there were rumors of him trying for a high position in the Russian federation, but he withdrew. Does he have some kind of position in his fed? Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)

Buzz
08-15-2011, 04:55 AM
I believe he is part of the Russian Duma but that is not unusual in Russia.

aemeraldrainc
08-15-2011, 04:57 AM
I believe he is part of the Russian Duma but that is not unusual in Russia.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the Duma?
I'm assuming some kind of government department?

Daria
08-15-2011, 05:04 AM
I think he has been in politics for several years, working with sports development or something like that. He aimed russian fed presidency but withdrew after knowing the president would not have effective command. I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.

Some famous athletes became Duma deputies, including gymnasts Svetlana Khorkina and Alina Kabaeva.

Vash01
08-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Daria, thank you for the information.

escaflowne9282
08-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)

IIRC he actually did skate with Berezhnaya at a few events this past year, such as the Chaplin show that Yagudin headlined. He also took part in the Russian Skating/Dancing with the stars series .

l'etoile
08-15-2011, 05:39 AM

Russian DUMA is kind of an assembly, very formal and serves as a governing body of Russia I guess. My memory of Russian history class is not good:(

Here goes wiki

A Duma (Russian: Ду́ма, Russian pronunciation: [ˈdumə]) is any of various representative assemblies in modern Russia and Russian history. The State Duma in the Russian Empire and Russian Federation corresponds to the lower house of the parliament. Simply it is a form of Russian governmental institution, that was formed during the reign of the last Czar, Nicholas II. It is also the term for a council to early Russian rulers ('Boyar Duma'), as well as for city councils in Imperial Russia ('Municipal dumas'), and city and regional legislative bodies in the Russian Federation.

IneZR
08-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.

Yes, Anton is getting married this October! I found some beautiful photos of Anton and his fiancee in Russian OK magazine (scroll down to see the rest of the photos):
http://www.ok-magazine.ru/exclusive/item23471.php

There is also a small interview with Anton and the bride-to-be (her name is Jana), which is basically about how they met, how Anton proposed to her, about their future wedding etc.

escaflowne9282
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes, Anton is getting married this October! I found some beautiful photos of Anton and his fiancee in Russian OK magazine (scroll down to see the rest of the photos):

There is also a small interview with Anton and the bride-to-be (her name is Jana), which is basically about how they met, how Anton proposed to her, about their future wedding etc.

What a beautiful looking couple! Congrats to them.

SmallFairy
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
oh Anton.....<3<3<3 the most handsome pair skater ever...

babayaga
08-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Duma is the name for the Russian parliament.

attyfan
08-15-2011, 10:16 PM
I think he has been in politics for several years, working with sports development or something like that. He aimed russian fed presidency but withdrew after knowing the president would not have effective command. I heard somewhere he is going to marry but I don't know anything about the girl.

Some famous athletes became Duma deputies, including gymnasts Svetlana Khorkina and Alina Kabaeva.

When athletes go into the Duma, is the work they do limited to things like sports development, or, do they work on other issues, such as foreign policy or the economy?

Octoberopals
08-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Congratulations!!!! She is really beautiful. I must confess, it threw me to see him with a brunette instead of a blond.

Vash01
08-16-2011, 04:30 AM

Thanks for the pics, though it breaks my heart :lol: to see my favorite skater getting married :lol:

Congrats and best wishes to them.

IneZR
08-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the pics, though it breaks my heart :lol: to see my favorite skater getting married :lol:

Congrats and best wishes to them.

You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit sad to realize that Anton is getting married. I used to think that he and Elena B. were such a perfect match and dreamed of them getting married some day. :swoon: But Elena is now happy with Steven and Anton seems to be really in love with his girl. I wish all the best to them!