PDA

View Full Version : What is Anton Sikharulidze doing these days?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Sasha'sSpins
08-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Anton! Beautiful pictures of the engaged couple, thanks for the link!

I had always hoped he and Elena would marry but that was not to be. I loved watching them skate especially at the 2002 Olympics.

Ajax
08-16-2011, 06:56 PM
You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit sad to realize that Anton is getting married. I used to think that he and Elena B. were such a perfect match and dreamed of them getting married some day. :swoon: !!

Yes me too :lol: But I'm happy that both of them seem to have love in life and have good careers.

Anybody have links to the Chaplin show they skated with Elena? I would love to see a youtube of this!

The Fly On The Wall
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Is he still skating? (not with Elena, obviously)

Why "obviously"? Please help refresh my memory...tia. :)

mazzy
08-16-2011, 07:45 PM
When athletes go into the Duma, is the work they do limited to things like sports development, or, do they work on other issues, such as foreign policy or the economy?

For most the job is limited to wearing pretty accessories and voting with the party line. Sikharulidze seems to be one of the very few to actually do anything.

Vash01
08-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Why "obviously"? Please help refresh my memory...tia. :)

Elena was skating in some silly shows (can't remember the names) with unknown skaters who were not high level skaters. Also her having two kids and living in another country would make it difficult for them to skate together. I am surprised that they skated together recently in Yagudin's show.

Nan
08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Elena was skating in some silly shows (can't remember the names) with unknown skaters who were not high level skaters.

Elena participated in several of the "Skating with Celebrities" shows, but Anton did a few of those, too. I was pretty sure Elena spends a great deal of time in Russia, but I might be wrong.

Elena and Anton in City Lights last fall (fan videos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1VT1J8p8BM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=S3mLnIB2PMs

Vash01
08-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the links, Nan, but in these they are just a shadow of their past- nowhere close to the gorgeous pair they once were. I hate that outfit on Elena, and I am really tired of their Chaplin programs. I prefer watching their old tapes to enjoy the beautiful skating in the past.

Andrushka
08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats to Anton and his future wife!! :) That is great news! She is gorgeous!

AnnieBgood
08-19-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm happy for Anton, it's just weird seeing him with someone else other than Elena. Jana is far from what I pictured him with.

crystalice
08-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Google translator doesn't work well. Does anybody know anything about his future wife? Is she a skater too? Just curious.

Japanfan
08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
She is gorgeous!

Aren't they always?

quiqie
08-19-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.gazeta.ru/sport/2011/08/kz_3726533.shtml

Olympic champion in figure skating and one of Moscow's most eligible bachelors Anton Sikharulidze is now off the market. He secretly married Yana Lebedeva, daughter of the famous billionaire Leonid Lebedev.

Sikharulidze's 24-year-old fiancee is the daughter of oil and energy companies group "Synthesis" shareholder, a member of the Federation Council of Russia. In addition, Leonid Lebedev together with the director Valery Todorovsky created the production company "Krasnaya Strela", which, among others, produced the movie "Stilyagi (Hipsters)".

Originally the wedding date was set in early autumn, but the lovers wouldn't wait. They married in a low-key ceremony. The bride wore a dress that cost 70,000. She's friends with Roman Abramovich's fiancee Daria Zhukova.

Yana's father is ranked 53rd on Forbes list with $ 2.2 billion.

escaflowne9282
08-19-2011, 05:49 PM
a € 70,000 dress is low key?? Congratulations to them.

Vash01
08-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm happy for Anton, it's just weird seeing him with someone else other than Elena. Jana is far from what I pictured him with.

My thoughts exactly. It's just weird to see him with someone other than Elena.

DickButtonFan
08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
What an attractive couple. It seems like Russia is filled with attractive people. I'm envious.