PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Third Russian Lady at Worlds?

Pages : 1 [2]

Vash01
08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
^^Lipnitskaya has some cool tricks, but I watched her performance from nationals last year and got a bit irritated with how many times she pulled her leg up behind her! Yes, you're freakishly flexible; do something else please.

Like I said, I haven't seen enough of Sheveleva yet. I might need to go YT a couple of her programs and get better acquainted. Is she on the JGP this year? I'm hoping to see more of her and the rest of the Russian and American girls. It upsets me how no one covers the JGP other than the final. IMO, the JGP was far more interesting and entertaining than the senior GP...

Lipnitskaya just turned 13. So she was just 12 at last year's nationals. You may be judging her too harshly. Please give her some time to mature.

I have never seen Sheveleva skate, so the first thing to do for me will be to see her program(s), probably tonight. I agree with you about the JGP. Even though many of the JGP winners drop out eventually at the senior level, it is still interesting to see what the future may bring.

oleada
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Sheveleva's 5th place FS from Russian Nationals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2H9S1rmZQs

Jenna
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM

That was lovely! I prefer her so much to Shelepen - cleaner, neater, and her all around basics are just so much stronger.

Frau Muller
08-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Anya Ovcharova, I sincerely hope...if she skates & looks as she did two seasons ago, pre-injury.

Jammers
08-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Sad times when the Russians have 3 women that qualified for Worlds and the US is still stuck at 2. That really is something to be embarrassed about quite frankly.

Vash01
08-17-2011, 03:26 AM

She is lovely- a bit like a younger and shorter version of Anjelika Krylova with jumps? Her spins seem weak, but she has time to develop those. She has the jumps, flow and personality.

Jenna
08-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Sad times when the Russians have 3 women that qualified for Worlds and the US is still stuck at 2. That really is something to be embarrassed about quite frankly.

Sad times? The depth in Russia is absolutely staggering, and rivaled only by the U.S. and Japan. I don't think it's embarrassing at at all. There are so many girls in that country who would be national champions in many others.

Frau Muller
08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Sad times? The depth in Russia is absolutely staggering, and rivaled only by the U.S. and Japan. I don't think it's embarrassing at at all. There are so many girls in that country who would be national champions in many others.

There ARE, Jenna, there are. The Qualifying Rounds of Worlds & Four Cs (and even Europeans) are littered with American girls who skate for other countries.

That said, this is an extraordinary wave of young Russian ladies coming up. Everything happens in waves. Americans are no less good than before. Quite simply, at the moment, Russia and Japan are better. Seven or eight years from now, it could be the Americans nabbing the ladies podium medals once again.

Hedwig
08-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Oh, yes, please let's make this into a discussion about American girls. Because there aren't 2389384 other threads about them. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic: Is Agafanova still with Urmanov?

Eris
08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Back to the topic: Is Agafanova still with Urmanov?

Yes. :)

Jammers
08-17-2011, 11:56 PM

I'm not talking about the younger girls coming up but that Makarova and Leonova would place better between the two of them then the US girls would.