PDA

View Full Version : Find the cat

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Aussie Willy
08-15-2011, 12:05 AM
I am interested in what ability is involved in detecting it.
Nothing special. Someone took a photo and it had a cat in the picture which was hard to find. So it then gets sent around the internet or by email so that people can find it.

It is not like it is one of those puzzles or pictures which are designed to test perception or ability to see pictures within pictures.

indicatoto101
08-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Wait, what is that figure behind the stick at the top of the pic? I thought that was the cat :lol:

Wyliefan
08-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Nan, the cat is in front of the stone wall about a quarter of the way in from the right. He's sitting up and looking to our left.

There are several tabbies in our family - the distinctive pattern on the cat's front legs is what gave him away for me :)

Even with the hint, I had trouble! :lol: Finally found him, though. Pretty cat.

milanessa
08-15-2011, 01:11 AM
It is not like it is one of those puzzles or pictures which are designed to test perception or ability to see pictures within pictures.

I disagree.

halffull
08-15-2011, 01:59 AM
I found the real cat, no problem :)

MikiAndoFan#1
08-15-2011, 02:04 AM
link to pic with the cat circled (http://i53.tinypic.com/2j2x8ok.jpg)

I wouldn't have seen the cat, if it weren't for you. Thanks!

milanessa
08-15-2011, 02:07 AM
I found the real cat, no problem :)

That's what I'm talking about. Some have no problem at all, others never do see it and there must be a reason for that. My real curiosity is how that affects our perception of things in real, every day life. I wish I was smarter. :D

walei
08-15-2011, 04:35 AM
GAAAAAW finally found it.

I thought it was one of those pop up illusions or something like the leaves would be the tail or something... didn't know it was a CAT cat.

Nan
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Even when I first "found" the cat, I had trouble seeing it. Each time I go back and look, I see it clearer and clearer.

I never had trouble seeing the images in the "dot" pictures, so I'm not sure this is similar. I think it's just the similarity in the coloring of the cat and the surroundings that him so hard to find.

Flatfoote
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
For me its a combination of bad eyes and a small computer screen! But I finally found it too with a little help from my FSU friends!

milanessa
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I never had trouble seeing the images in the "dot" pictures, so I'm not sure this is similar. I think it's just the similarity in the coloring of the cat and the surroundings that him so hard to find.

I disagree again although the color blindness tests may not be a good example.