PDA

View Full Version : Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

bartek
08-11-2011, 02:33 AM
After a long break I'm coming back with the new video from my ladies' triple-triples series. This time it's Kimmie Meissner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWXthM-fgc

Enjoy, share & comment.

orbitz
08-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Um, those are some mighty fine triple toe-axels. How is a toe-axel judged under IJS? The jump is completed on the landing, but is there a deduction for pre-rotation

JeffClair1979
08-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Um, those are some mighty fine triple toe-axels. How is a toe-axel judged under IJS? The jump is completed on the landing, but is there a deduction for pre-rotation

I wish someone would do those now for the US.... Last US world champ, the most recent highest finish at world since 2007... Not saying her technique is spot on, but why hate during such a drought?

orbitz
08-11-2011, 03:37 AM
I wish someone would do those now for the US....

What do you mean? You mean you want someone to win for the US now? No skater with a blatant toe-axel is going to win under IJS.

michiruwater
08-11-2011, 03:49 AM
She did win under IJS, though...

I think he meant that he wishes someone in the US would do triple-triples.

JeffClair1979
08-11-2011, 03:51 AM
She did win under IJS, though...

I think he meant that he wishes someone in the US would do triple-triples.

Thank you- I realized I didn't make a very good point. Her technical ambition is something I wish to carry forth with US ladies. I apologize if it came off the wrong way. "I haven't seen that kind of competitive drive since Kimmie" would have been a MUCH better way to phrase my original post. What we're (US) missing right now is that "do or die" mindset. I'd love to see it come back soon.

Polymer Bob
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I thought somebody had a NEW Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video. :duh:

Jenna
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I do have to say I'm surprised the majority of these were credited..

smarts1
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
You're missing at least one. I remember during a warm up at TEB (I forgot which year--I think 2006), she did a triple flip-triple loop and it looked really good. It was solid and pretty clean on the rotation. I was like :eek:; she can do that?!?!?!

bartek
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
You're missing at least one. I remember during a warm up at TEB (I forgot which year--I think 2006), she did a triple flip-triple loop and it looked really good. It was solid and pretty clean on the rotation. I was like :eek:; she can do that?!?!?!

Unfortunately it's impossible to find all the videos with warm-ups. I would really like to have Worlds 2001 Ladies' FS Warm-up with Michelle and Irina throwing 3S+3L etc. Usually skaters warm-up their triple-triples always if they're going to do them in their program.

l'etoile
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I do have to say I'm surprised the majority of these were credited..

ITA:slinkaway

But, how's Kimmie doing lately? I saw a clip of her skating in a club gala but I've got no idea how recent that was.

Is she never coming back? Aside her not-so-easy-to-praise worthy of jump techniques, I do miss her aspiring spirit when she was on the ice..

leafygreens
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, almost every one was UR! Her best combo in this video is probably 2007 4CC's and WC. All the others looked barely eeked out.

Jenny81
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
She did a 3lutz-3toe combination (not 3F-3T), right? :slinkaway

burntBREAD
08-11-2011, 05:02 PM
She did a 3lutz-3toe combination (not 3F-3T), right? :slinkaway

She did both.

For all of the problems with Kimmie's toe-axel, she actually had a nice "real" axel :)

kwanatic
08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I always had mixed feelings when it came to Kimmie. On one hand, she always seemed like such a sweet, kind hearted person and for that I loved her. She was very competitive and gutsy and I loved that too...

OTOH, I couldn't stand her skating! Her airplane arms were terrible, her jumps rarely looked like they should be credited. She was a mediocre skater at best...but her personality is what won me over and made me cheer for her. I was ecstatic when she won worlds in 2006 because she went out there, fought for it and kicked everyone's ass.