PDA

View Full Version : Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Cheylana
08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I liked Kimmie. She wasn't tiffed, but she was a cute jumping bean, and a sweetie to boot. I was hoping she'd undergo a Kwan-like transformation, but instead puberty derailed her. Oh well, she can always call herself a World, National, 4CC and Skate America champion - nothing to shake a stick at! :)

BigB08822
08-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Her 3/3's are not pretty at all. She had shaky edges on her jump landings and the toe axels make me want to wretch. I always liked her though and she was a great competitor during her peak.

maureenfarone
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I always had mixed feelings when it came to Kimmie. On one hand, she always seemed like such a sweet, kind hearted person and for that I loved her. She was very competitive and gutsy and I loved that too...

OTOH, I couldn't stand her skating! Her airplane arms were terrible, her jumps rarely looked like they should be credited. She was a mediocre skater at best...but her personality is what won me over and made me cheer for her. I was ecstatic when she won worlds in 2006 because she went out there, fought for it and kicked everyone's ass.

ITA!

UGG
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I was shocked when she won worlds. I mean, I was not shocked at her placement but just overall-the whole competition was shocking LOL. Never in my mind did I think Sasha would get anything but gold let alone Kimmie be on the podium. I thought she was a dark horse for bronze at best

Zokko!
08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Soooo whaaaat???? :yawn: :blah:

Jenna
08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Soooo whaaaat???? :yawn: :blah:

Uh, you don't have to like the skater in the video, but why don't you show some respect to the person who took the time to compile all of these clips? :rolleyes:

dawnie
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I was shocked when she won worlds. I mean, I was not shocked at her placement but just overall-the whole competition was shocking LOL. Never in my mind did I think Sasha would get anything but gold let alone Kimmie be on the podium. I thought she was a dark horse for bronze at best

I don't think anyone, even Kimmie herself thought she had a shot in hell at the title. It was Cohen's to lose and as per usual, she lost it. I was actually more shocked with Cohen's meltdown than I was with Kimmie winning. Suguri was next in line after Cohen but a few mistakes and a blah program didn't boost her to gold either. Kimmie snuck in and took the title at the right place and the right time since the general consensus at the time was that once Mao and Yuna became eligible for Worlds, they would dominate the scene....which is what happened through the next quadrennial.

bartek
08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Uh, you don't have to like the skater in the video, but why don't you show some respect to the person who took the time to compile all of these clips? :rolleyes:

You know, I do those videos with triple-triples or quads because I like to have them all in one place, one after another, just to watch them, admire and compare. When I did the first one (Irina Slutskaya) I thought that maybe some people would like to watch it as well, just because it's nice to see all the times Miki Ando went for quad or Shizuka threw efortlessly her triple-triple-triples. If you have any problem with me posting these videos here I don't have to do it, I can very well keep them for myself, no problem. But many peaople thank for those videos, request next skaters and are happy to watch them. I'll go for majority (you're the first one with such a comment) and will keep posting them here until more users will express their disapproval.

RD
08-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I don't think anyone, even Kimmie herself thought she had a shot in hell at the title. It was Cohen's to lose and as per usual, she lost it. I was actually more shocked with Cohen's meltdown than I was with Kimmie winning. Suguri was next in line after Cohen but a few mistakes and a blah program didn't boost her to gold either. Kimmie snuck in and took the title at the right place and the right time since the general consensus at the time was that once Mao and Yuna became eligible for Worlds, they would dominate the scene....which is what happened through the next quadrennial.

This was the ONE time I thought Cohen really, legitimately had a shot at the world championship if she just skated normally. (2004 was Arakawa's year and 2005 was Slutskaya's.) Even with her usual FS performance w/fall I think that would have been enough. However, her heart clearly wasn't in it and she should have skipped it. People say Rochette should have given this year's Worlds a shot but who's to say she wouldn't have struggled as well? Look at Yuna Kim...even the "Queen" isn't immune to the common struggles of returning to competition after extended time away.

Meissner took advantage of probably the weakest ladies field at Worlds in a long time and couldn't have chosen a better time to peak. She was clean but imo that was about it. Good enough since no one else brought it.

I'd have that win as the biggest shocker in the time I've been watching skating. Even bigger than Hughes' win at Olys imo.

Jenna
08-11-2011, 11:27 PM
You know, I do those videos with triple-triples or quads because I like to have them all in one place, one after another, just to watch them, admire and compare. When I did the first one (Irina Slutskaya) I thought that maybe some people would like to watch it as well, just because it's nice to see all the times Miki Ando went for quad or Shizuka threw efortlessly her triple-triple-triples. If you have any problem with me posting these videos here I don't have to do it, I can very well keep them for myself, no problem. But many peaople thank for those videos, request next skaters and are happy to watch them. I'll go for majority (you're the first one with such a comment) and will keep posting them here until more users will express their disapproval.

I'm not sure you understood my post.

I was defending you. ;)

bartek
08-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure you understood my post.

I was defending you. ;)

Yeah I know and thank you! I was replying to the post you had replied to. When I used quotation I tought it would include both your post and the offensive one.

Jenna
08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah I know and thank you! I was replying to the post you had replied to. When I used quotation I tought it would include both your post and the offensive one.

Oh, okay. ;)

You're welcome. I appreciate all of the hard work you put into those 3-3 videos!

JeffClair1979
08-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I like the videos- please keep posting them! Even if someone isn't the most artistic skater to grace the ice, technical competency is always appreciated in my camp. I prefer the whole package, but I'm as much of an artistic fan (I'm a total Sasha whore" as I am an athletic fan (Kimmie fan girl). :) Don't listen to the haters- if they don't like it, then they don't have to read the thread, now, do they? :)

orbitz
08-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't think a skater can be classified as technically competent if she/he doesn't have proper techniques on one or more of the technical elements.

Jenna
08-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't think a skater can be classified as technically competent if she/he doesn't have proper techniques on one or more of the technical elements.

Tara Lipinski had a flutz. Is she not "technically competent?"