PDA

View Full Version : "Toddlers and Tiaras" Star Is Retiring from Pageants

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

sap5
08-11-2011, 03:09 AM
eden reminds me of anna nicole smith for some reason

OMG -- I was wondering who she reminded me of!

Ozzisk8tr
08-11-2011, 03:22 AM

I heard Eden was a fierce drug fiend. Her and Amy were often seen together. Throw Julia Andrews in the mix and you have a real party not to be missed.

Prancer
08-11-2011, 04:10 AM
But how many entertainers other than Bieber have made a career through YouTube?

Depends on how you define "career," I would think.

Cachoo
08-11-2011, 04:32 AM

She reminds me of JonBenet. I'm paranoid but there are too many pervs out there to advertise your child this way.

Prancer
08-11-2011, 04:36 AM
She reminds me of JonBenet. I'm paranoid but there are too many pervs out there to advertise your child this way.

Do pervs actually go for little beauty queens?

I always thought that what pervs liked about children was their innocence. I would think that they would be turned off by the, let's say, overly polished look that the pagaent girls have. And pervs seem to seek out isolated, loner kids, not little spotlight huggers.

I don't know if that's true; I've asked before, but never gotten an answer on that.

milanessa
08-11-2011, 04:42 AM
I don't know if that's true; I've asked before, but never gotten an answer on that.

You just haven't asked the right perv.

overedge
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
So I watched part of this horror show last night, and had to turn it off because it was so awful.

Little Miss Eden referred to herself as a "pageant superstar" with a straight face. She and her mom went to Hollywood to be on Entertainment Tonight (although they didn't include any actual clips from the show) along with MaKenzie or however she spells her name, and her equally horrific pushy mom. Little Miss Eden performed her song "Cutie Patootie", written by her agent, live on Hollywood Boulevard. Her mom was gushing about how great she was, but the tourists who were watching were :wideeyes: in horror. Her mom seriously doesn't seem to get that people's interest in her kid is not "Wow, what a great little entertainer" but more "OMG, look what that poor child is being forced to do".

Then she was going to go in a "World Champion" pageant which was run by her agent. The agent said that she had several clients in this pageant, but it was all going to be fairly judged and she would not interfere in the results. All she would do was tell the judges what judging criteria to use :lol:

It looked from the teasers that there was some major :drama: at the pageant and that even Little Miss Eden's mom was POed at the results, but I gave up at that point.

grimey
08-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I have to admit that I love this show purely because it is such a trainwreck. There are some wacked out mamas on this show thats for damn sure. The odd time they will show a kid that is actually normal but 9 times out of 10 they only show the real bratty ones.

danceronice
08-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Actually, after watching "Dance Moms", the moms on T&T really look kind of sane by comparison. (Also, they drink less, at least on camera.)

Except Eden's mom.

BlueAranjuez
08-12-2011, 06:24 AM
These shows make me cringe...what happened to kids looking like actual kids and not barbie dolls? eek!

Stormy
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
But how many entertainers other than Bieber have made a career through YouTube? Just because one person managed to be discovered through YouTube doesn't mean it's a viable career option.

And I would guess that Bieber's mom, or whoever was posting his videos, wasn't posting them with claims that he had "hit singles" or with any of the other hyperbole that this kid's website is full of.

This. And Beiber had the appeal of being a cute teenage boy.....which meant he appealed to bazillions of teenage girls. Never underestimate the power of teenage girls. I don't think Eden has the same draw.

Latte
08-13-2011, 02:58 AM
I feel very, very sorry for Eden. I have seen her on this show many times and she is crying and doesn't want to be there. Her mother is one of the worse stage mothers I have ever seen and even admited on one show that she plans on living on Eden's money after she makes her famous. It's scary.

Mozart
08-13-2011, 03:04 AM
and her mom wants her to top the charts with her songs/videos of cutie patootie, underpuppy and antz in your pantz but it is quite obvious in those songs that she she can not sing at all. Her mom is so delusional

AndyWarhol
08-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Actually, after watching "Dance Moms", the moms on T&T really look kind of sane by comparison. (Also, they drink less, at least on camera.)

Except Eden's mom.

What is this "Dance Moms".. it sounds amazing.

Toddlers and Tiaras is a hot mess.

jenniferlyon
08-13-2011, 08:22 AM

True, I don't understand how any parent would let their kid out of the house looking like that. JonBenet's pageant get-ups look tame by today's standards. She had the dyed blond hair, but as far as I can tell from the photos it was all her own hair and not a weave. She didn't wear a flipper and I don't think spray tan had been invented yet. Eden Wood looks like a miniature version of that televangelist lady Jan Crouch. I can't see how she'll make it in Hollywood. What kinds of roles could she play? Nobody is going to cast her as somebody's daughter in a TV sitcom or a click flick. Maybe someone will do a sequel to Little Miss Sunshine and she can play one of the bratty pageant kids.