japanice
08-10-2011, 03:20 AM
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20110810it.html

isamelia
08-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow- does she look thin!

Amy03
08-10-2011, 11:51 AM
I hope Mao is resting and ready for the GP all the reports about her being exhausted is really making me worried. wish there will be some news about her condition and plans soon.

olympic
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Why is her agent not responding to inquiries?

midori
08-11-2011, 05:00 AM

Maybe because the inquiry was rude and stupid, and sent to a wrong address only 10 minute before the time of the press? :blah:

ETA: :blah: is for the news writer.

Akira Andrea
08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I think that it is most important to have been cultivating the relationship of the mutual trust with the person concerned for a long time, if wanting to get a good information.
But, I can't believe that this news writer esteems the relationship of the mutual trust as long as reading this article.

I think that it is natural that anybody does not offer any information to the person without the relationship of a mutual trust, even if he is the news writer of a famous press.

allezfred
08-11-2011, 11:52 AM

I've read some of the articles that particular "journalist" wrote and I wouldn't be replying to them either.

lowtherlore
08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
LOL at the dual standards shared by some of the Japanese and pro-Japan posters here. If her agent is the same person that vehemently denied Asada's approaching the certain Toronto-based coach, she doesn't have exactly a good record of straight talking, does she?

ponta1
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM
LOL at the dual standards shared by some of the Japanese and pro-Japan posters here. If her agent is the same person that vehemently denied Asada's approaching the certain Toronto-based coach, she doesn't have exactly a good record of straight talking, does she?

:blah:

MacMadame
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Maybe because the inquiry was rude and stupid, and sent to a wrong address only 10 minute before the time of the press? :blah:

Do you know that happened or are you making up excuses for Mao and her agent?

miki88
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure but isn't the reply that she is exhausted and not feeling well already legitimate reasons for not attending the event? I don't think it's necessary to probe further into it.
Also, I've read several articles from this journalist and he does tend to make a lot of speculations with little basis.

midori
08-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Do you know that happened or are you making up excuses for Mao and her agent?

I do not know anything about what happened, I mean if something ever happened, but I think that "she did not respond" is not a very fair statement because the agent may have any legitimate reason, like ones I posted. You never know.

That is my general response when any news claims "they did not respond" without adding any plausible statement why the writer could have expected a response. I'd take those kind of claims as the writer's excuse for taking a side. It's really convenient; the write can blame the other side only by sending out a vague email and leaving a random voice-mail.

Then, this Jack guy says "it added to the mystery"!?? :rolleyes: Who is he, a teenage pretending to be a detective?

If any mystery was added, it was about if Japan Times has any standard to their reports.

kia_4EverOnIce
08-11-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure but isn't the reply that she is exhausted and not feeling well already legitimate reasons for not attending the event? I don't think it's necessary to probe further into it.

:respec:

overedge
08-11-2011, 10:16 PM

The agent didn't do *any* talking in this story, so you have no reason to attack her for not telling the truth. Except, of course, if you were looking for an excuse to diss Mao and the people associated with her :rolleyes:

Akira Andrea
08-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Why is her agent not responding to inquiries?I think that the most commonsense reason that the agent did not respond to inquiries is because they had no information to speak of, namely because Mao is not under any serious situation except the temporary poor health caused by a mere physical fatigue.
Don't worry.