PDA

View Full Version : Dance & music news from Canton, Michigan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sylvia
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, the Shibutanis, Chock/Bates, and Lichtman/Copely talk about their program music choices, plus updates on Tobias/Stagniunas and Khokhlova/Andreev: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110808&content_id=22925906&vkey=ice_news

sk9tingfan
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I have mixed feelings about the Shibutanis' FD music. I just wonder if its vintage nature will be put into the same category as last year's FD and their being considered one-trick ponies? I certainly hope not. I'll have to listen to the unfamiliar parts.

Funny Face is a surprising choice for Virtue and Moir. I guess I'll have to see how it goes at Skate Canada.

my little pony
08-08-2011, 09:50 PM
i can't believe they tease me with that very aesthetically pleasing picture of CY and Guarise

maggylyn
08-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i can't believe they tease me with that very aesthetically pleasing picture of CY and Guarise

:hat1:

I'm trying to decide by the picture if it looks like she's too tall for him, for pairs' skating. ?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
:hat1:

I'm trying to decide by the picture if it looks like she's too tall for him, for pairs' skating. ?

It looks to me like there'd be more than enough height difference between them (if they do in fact team up).

museksk8r
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM

The mere possibility of these two together has me more excited than I've EVER been about any US pairs team in history. What a stunning vision they could present together! :swoon:

shan
08-08-2011, 11:13 PM
The mere possibility of these two together has me more excited than I've EVER been about any US pairs team in history. What a stunning vision they could present together! :swoon:

Wow! That's quite a reaction!! :D But will they skate for the US?

I can't wait to find out if the partnership will be a reality.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow! That's quite a reaction!! :D But will they skate for the US?

I can't wait to find out if the partnership will be a reality.

It'd be easier for them to skate for the US because he's never actually competed for Italy so wouldn't need a release. I'm sure the USFSA wouldn't want to release Caitlin, so she'd be held back for at least a year.

Part of me kinda hopes that if they did team up, they'd skate for Italy. Not sure why.

museksk8r
08-08-2011, 11:20 PM
It'd be easier for them to skate for the US because he's never actually competed for Italy so wouldn't need a release. I'm sure the USFSA wouldn't want to release Caitlin, so she'd be held back for at least a year.

Yeah, that's why I assume they would more than likely represent the US if their partnership is meant to be. *hopes* ;)

dramagrrl
08-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Funny Face is a surprising choice for Virtue and Moir. I guess I'll have to see how it goes at Skate Canada.
I think it's perfect. Might be the first music choice I've truly approved of from Camp Evillegor in years.

orbitz
08-09-2011, 01:59 AM
If Guarise skates for the U.S. then how easy would it be for him in the future to skate for Italy if he choose to? He wouldn't need a release from the USFSA, correct?

rfisher
08-09-2011, 03:50 AM
I volunteer to marry him if he needs citizenship. Just to help CY of course.

shan
08-09-2011, 04:14 AM

:rofl:

my little pony
08-09-2011, 06:16 AM

will you move to michigan?

MarieM
08-09-2011, 07:55 AM

How generous of you:rofl::rofl: