PDA

View Full Version : Dance & music news from Canton, Michigan

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mia joy
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
They're one of the worst thing that ever happened to ice dance. Cop being the first bad thing, they're second.

ITA. CoP destroyed the magic of ice dance and Shpilband and Zoueva are transforming it into a "who's gonna make the fastest twizzles/hardest lifts" competition. The depth of the dances is gone in most cases.

The only thing I'm grateful to them for is giving Meryl and Charlie the Eleanor Rigby and (especially) Samson and Delilah music. Those were great choices for them. Miss those times.

Proustable
08-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Who cares about the nationality of top ice dancers but for Canadian or Russian or American fan ?

All I want is great skaters skating to great program, pushing the enveloppe.
With Igor, I have the first part allright, but the second is always lacking, and with Zueva it has gotten worse.

Just so I understand clearly, you're asserting that only fans from those three countries have nationalistic/patriotice ties to their ice dancers?

Wow, talk about drooling with laughter.

COP made it so that we'll never see a Lobacheva/Averbukh (or Fusar-poli/Margaglio) on top of the podium again, and that's a very good thing. Some of the most creative figure skating ideas are now in ice dance, and I love COP ice dance.