PDA

View Full Version : Dance & music news from Canton, Michigan

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

MarieM
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I have to wonder if the problem is because of who is doing the choreography/coaching OR if the problem is because teams from North America seem to taking the top spots in dance?

Who cares about the nationality of top ice dancers but for Canadian or Russian or American fan ?

All I want is great skaters skating to great program, pushing the enveloppe.
With Igor, I have the first part allright, but the second is always lacking, and with Zueva it has gotten worse.

~tapdancer~
08-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Love 'em or hate 'em, Igor and Marina are the best thing to happen to ice dance in years, imo.

I love all the Canton teams and all their programs.

equatorial
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Love 'em or hate 'em, Igor and Marina are the best thing to happen to ice dance in years, imo.

:scream: And yet again: :scream:

MarieM
08-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I really can't read things like that without drooling in laughter. They're one of the worst thing that ever happened to ice dance. Cop being the first bad thing, they're second.
But don't you worry, Morosov may stole that second place soon enough :P

allezfred
08-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Why would somebody who "hated 'em" think that Igor and Marina are the best thing to happen to ice dance in years? :P

flowerpower
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I would really like to see V/M work with a different coach/choreographer before they stop competing.

Unlikely, but one can always hope.

MarieM
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll give money for them to work with a different CHOREOGRAPHER. I don't mind about Igor when he does the technical sides of things (only when he recycles the same steps from year to year). It's for choreography that I'll pay. Ditto for Davis / White.

flowerpower
08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I'll give money for them to work with a different CHOREOGRAPHER.

Yes, fair enough, I agree.

equatorial
08-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Why would somebody who "hated 'em" think that Igor and Marina are the best thing to happen to ice dance in years? :P

Oh... but... but... D/W are World champions, arn't they? :rofl:

elif
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
i don't think we will ever see V&M doing different program. They tried two times and she got herself injured each time. people saying about their last year's free dance 'they don't have enough time' (maybe they right) but when i watch their SD, FD and EX, only bad performance was their FD. their EX look so good. (romantic program) SD was good too. i thinking maybe she don't want learn new steps, transitions and stuff like that. its too hard for her. i like them but its feels like they are copying themselfs.

sorry for my english:)

lavenderblue
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Of course, their FD had also seen less performance and probably training time than the SD and exhibition, both of which were debuted as show pieces the previous fall (the SD in a slightly modified, GW-light form) and performed more than once after that and before 4CC.

flowerpower
08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
i don't think we will ever see V&M doing different program. They tried two times and she got herself injured each time. people saying about their last year's free dance 'they don't have enough time' (maybe they right) but when i watch their SD, FD and EX, only bad performance was their FD. their EX look so good. (romantic program) SD was good too. i thinking maybe she don't want learn new steps, transitions and stuff like that. its too hard for her. i like them but its feels like they are copying themselfs.

sorry for my english:)

No problems about the English. :)

I have to disagree. I think she very much wants to do different steps and programs. She really challenged herself with the FD and I would have liked to see it with more training time. I still don't know how they managed to compete at all last year with the surgery, rehab and lost time. It seemed such a risky thing to do - how do you compete your FD for the first time at Worlds (mentally, confidence-wise a very tough thing to do) and if nerves or reduced training cause an element to be lost you end up placing poorly. They showed a lot of mental toughness there.

Also, the PF and Latin programs did not cause her to be injured. She has been fighting compartment syndrome for a long time. Hopefully the last surgery fixed it.

Frau Muller
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm especially excited about the Shibs' Sun Valley Serenade. Wheeee! It should be a total delight. The choices by other teams sound good but I bet that SVS will take the podium cake this season.

Clarice
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I love the idea of Sun Valley Serenade, too! "Chattanooga Choo Choo" is a terrific number, but there was a lot of good music in that score.

~tapdancer~
08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Why would somebody who "hated 'em" think that Igor and Marina are the best thing to happen to ice dance in years? :PWell, they wouldn't, of course. :) I was just giving my (completely biased) opinion. I like to keep balance between the lovers and the haters.:P