PDA

View Full Version : Will Kwan be named to the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame this year?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

attyfan
09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
... I tried officially nominating Michelle Kwan, but the form requires I know all her personal info (home address, phone number, email, etc.). I mean I'm one of her biggest fans, but I shouldn't know that information. I guess the form is there to separate people who are simply fans from those who are actually a part of the USFS.

Anyway, I found a link that had her "public" contact info. Maybe I should just use that. http://www.fanmail.biz/52373.html

FWIW, I emailed the USFS about the form, and they changed it so the personal information need not be submitted (and the event dates can be left blank)

Visaliakid
09-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Some Questions answered regarding the upcoming U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame Nominations.

With the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame nominations open through Oct. 3, 2011 I decided to get some information on the process from the contact listed on the nomination form. What I learned is likely to make many skating fans very happy.

1. The first question I asked was "Does the phrase 'retired from competitive skating' mean a formal public announcement of retirement, or just having not competed in the past five years?" - Anwser: Just having been away from competitive skating for that period of time. (Note: Expect to see this specific wording to be cleared up for future nominating years.)

2. Was Michelle Kwan nominated last season? Answer is Yes but the nominating board ruled that since she had attempted to compete in the 2006 Olympics, her mere stepping on the practice ice was enough to disqualify her nominations received for possible induction in Jan 2011.

3. Has the USFS HOF nominations committee received a nomination for Michelle for possible inclusion on the 2012 ballot? Answer: Yes - several!

4. Is it likely her name will be added to the ballot for selection, vote and induction to the USFS HOF this coming January? Answer: Extremely likely.

5. Has the nomination committee received nominations on behalf of Rudy Galindo? Answer: Not yet, but they are expected. The contact encouraged that he be nominated.

As a result of my conversation I believe that both these great skaters will be added to the ballot, voted on and likely notified as such before the vote as is required and both to be inducted in Jan 2012 in San Jose, CA during the National Championships.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-10-2011, 08:46 AM
It will be extremely fitting to have both skaters inducted in San Jose.

barbk
09-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Which is the real USFSA facebook site? There seems to be several out there, and the ones I'm seeing look pretty dead.

Visalia kid -- thanks for asking the questions and posting the answers. Very helpful.